Why r we reluctant in sharing the info on piracy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
hansraj

hansraj

In the zone
Cracking the protected softwares involves human psychology definitely not criminal intent. Its human to accept challenges and overcome them. Now after winning any challenge you would like the world to know as well that you are a conquerer. This is what people do on the net. They are least bothered how much damage the company can have if someone uses their crack tools now. No personal enmity with anyone and no favourable biases to anyone.
An advice for protection enforcing firms: Start a scheme to woo the crackers to come up to them once the software is cracked. Give them a prize money and recognition of their skills. Piracy will reduce!!

Devrath_ND

Obsessed with Technology
Do you tell what have you done with your wife in the night !!! The same thing holds for piracy which you do from 2 - 8 AM (mostly). Haha

abhijangda

Padawan
Cracking the protected softwares involves human psychology definitely not criminal intent. Its human to accept challenges and overcome them. Now after winning any challenge you would like the world to know as well that you are a conquerer. This is what people do on the net. They are least bothered how much damage the company can have if someone uses their crack tools now. No personal enmity with anyone and no favourable biases to anyone.
An advice for protection enforcing firms: Start a scheme to woo the crackers to come up to them once the software is cracked. Give them a prize money and recognition of their skills. Piracy will reduce!!
I Agree with u dude.

anni

Broken In
what challenge! For almost all softwares crackes are available for each and every version/build / release in cracks websites totally free of cost...

OP
hansraj

hansraj

In the zone
How many movie freaks have stopped going to multiplex just because of the fact that cam print is available for download. I bet no one. Only the ones who as such wouldnt have made an attempt to watch the movie in theatre are downloading and just watching it in their leisure time.

Is this the category of viewers you are talking about who would have contributed 20 billion dollars!!!!!!!!!

pauldmps

Banned
The Advantages of Piracy :

1. Piracy is easy : It is as easy as downloading pirated softwares (with cracks included) from your favorite torrent or file sharing site.

Compare it to the hassle of purchasing a software either from a store or online. You need to have a credit card handy or have a paypal account, go through several web-pages & payment gateways to purchase stuff.

2. Piracy is economical : Except for the price of Internet connection (if you're downloading stuff) or CD\DVD media (if you're getting it from someone else), it costs nothing to get pirated software. How economical !

3. Piracy is accessible : Softwares, games & movies might not be available for purchase near you. Pirated stuff is available everywhere for free.

4. No legal threats for piracy : I've never heard that anyone had been sentenced to prison for using a pirated copy of Windows XP.

5. Huge capacity Blank Optical media\Pen Drives\External HDDs : Are they meant to carry your .doc & .xls files ? No, for that an ordinary floppy disk would suffice. These devices are manufactured, sold & used for the sole purpose of piracy. Am I wrong ?

6. Oppressive anti-customer nature of companies : There are many instances where the legit customer faces difficulties with a piece of software while the pirates enjoy without any problems.
This is especially true for PC games where a genuine customer has to deal with nasty DRM's while the pirates use a crack.

Ubisoft's new DRM which they applied on games like Assassin's Creed II will surely make genuine customers turn to piracy.

Slumdog Millionaire, a movie based on India, was released in India much later than in the US. The consequence being - People downloading the US version & watching it much before release in India.

7. Companies supporting piracy : Microsoft too supports piracy. How ? They haven't applied any strict measures to disable pirated copies of Windows 7. What at most Microsoft does is putting up a message in the right hand corner "This copy of Windows is not genuine". All other Windows functions work properly. So why should people buy a genuine copy of Windows 7 ?

Ubisoft shamelessly distributed a no-DVD crack (made by a cracking group) as an update to the game Rainbow Six Vegas 2, claiming it to be made by them.

File sharing websites such as Rapidshare, Megaupload, etc. make money by encouraging users to pirate stuff. Some even offer incentives to share their "files" .

8. Open Source & Freeware : Most open source softwares & freeware are not as feature rich or as user-friendly as the paid
ones. Linux will not be able to replace Windows until everything in Linux can be done without using command-line. Similarly, there are no powerful freeware alternatives to professional softwares like Photoshop, Flash & Visual Studio.'

9. Try before you buy : Most movies (especially the Bollywood ones) aren't good enough to spend money for them. Same goes to music too. Piracy makes it possible to try stuff to check whether it should be purchased. If a movie is good enough, a person would still go to a theater even after watching a cam rip on the PC. Remember "3 Idiots" ?

10. Cheap high speed Broadband Internet/ 3G /WIMAX/ Unlimited plans (including night unlimited) : Are they meant for you to check your mail or chat with your friends ?

The Disadvantages of Piracy :

1. No support : You won't get any help from the companies, if you're messed up with any software.

2. Using pirated softwares does not make you a proud owner of the software.

3. By using pirated softwares, you might be funding the terrorists.

4. Pirated softwares might contain malware which could seriously damage your PC.

Compare the advantages with the disadvantages. Obviously the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. Hence piracy flourishes.

I would love to see other members adding more points to both advantages & disadvantages section.
Also discuss if any point above is not true & why ?

Last edited:

anni

Broken In
@pauldmps. great dear.very nice points to support it... good work.. India 99% ppl are using so called pirated stuffs only.
point 7 is also absolutely true...

OP
hansraj

hansraj

In the zone
The Disadvantages of Piracy :

3. By using pirated softwares, you might be funding the terrorists.

I want to know how is this possible. As such the pirates are not paying a single penny then how the terrorist outfits are going to get money!

Tron91

In the zone
By paying for a genuine software you ultimately boost the govts revenue. Thats the only way i could think of piracy helping terrorists lol

pauldmps

Banned
I want to know how is this possible. As such the pirates are not paying a single penny then how the terrorist outfits are going to get money!

If you go out & buy a copy of pirated Windows 7 DVD for say... Rs. 100. The actual cost of blank media is about Rs. 15. So where does the rest profit goes ? Maybe to some businessman or to some terrorist.

I had read such info on a competitor PC magazine in which they carried out an article about piracy.

OP
hansraj

hansraj

In the zone
Well in that case, I can say most of the guys/gals in digit forum are into downloading (if they are into piracy). So they are not funding any terrorist org.

paroh

Padawan
If Rs.1000 for month and unlimited download for a month. So how many of u agree to pay Rs 1000 for legal movie or music download.

Please cast ur vote here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126093

Last edited:
OP
hansraj

hansraj

In the zone
I will subscribe under these conditions:

I shall cast the vote 'for' but with the undermentioned conditions only

1. Atleast 2 mbps upload speed for each user; 24 X 7

2. On release, the movie should be available for download. So that one can watch I st day Ist show

3. The movie should be in 720P minimum and preferably 1080P resolution

paroh

Padawan
I will subscribe under these conditions:

I shall cast the vote 'for' but with the undermentioned conditions only

1. Atleast 2 mbps upload speed for each user; 24 X 7

2. On release, the movie should be available for download. So that one can watch I st day Ist show

3. The movie should be in 720P minimum and preferably 1080P resolution

I think ur second point is not possible

OP
hansraj

hansraj

In the zone
I know, you are right. But today the customer has to be demanding and anything is possible!!! Remember 1994, motorola mobile phones were introduced. Rs 6 per min was incoming and outgoing was Rs 15 or so but today ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom