Why is this happening? :((

Status
Not open for further replies.

foreveranuj

Broken In
Need help guys...im just way too confused:(

Why isnt Winamp 5.04 not being able to play Internet Radio Stns...typically the Trance stations whose adress(es) resolve as
*209.123.3.227:8890 and *82.96.64.7:8000
These are otherwise European Vocal Trance Stns.
Interestingly, I was able to listen to these when I had a dial-up connection...ever since I subscribed to Satyam Broadband, am not being able to listen thru Winamp.
Windows Media Player plays Radio Stns perfect(though may not be the above ones). I wonder whats changed?...ive reinstalled Winamp 5.04 that should automatically detect the Proxy settings, isn it?
Need help...if you could check whether ur able to open Net Radio or not...and lemme know ur proxy settings...if that should help.
The ISP(satyam broadband) told me tht therez nothing wrong at the server end...and tht the proxy settings in my machine need to be corrected.
Wonder whats wrong??....Net stations in Winamp are just not playing:((
Save my Soul guys. I just cant stay without Trance
Regards
Anuj
Hyderabad, India
MBL: 040-32358877

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
So Buddy,
Ya still have no response.
Sorry .
But i m helpless n have no clues whatsoever.
Better PM someone like Raboo,dexty,wizzy etc.

Hexus

Banned
As far as I know, Sify (Satyam) blocks a few ports which do not allow to run a few websites probably.

I could run everything just fine except certain websites using Sify Broadband, but those websites showed up fine with VSNL Dialup at the same time.

Time to fire them, Luckily, there Helpdesk No. is TOLL FREE. Whoa! ;)

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Hey hey Poor Soul Anuj ....u tried that even on Computing.net and there was not much of a help there too...
Well basically i think u should get different Plugin to play Radio on winamp ....Coz some plugins are particularly strict about proxy settings.... 8) Happy hunting

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Otherwise change ISP use VSNL Broadband coz they cost arnd 18/- per hr so its better than dialup. U could hear Internet stns on dialup. Man i envy u coz i can't anyways see it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom