Why is my Processor overheating???

Status
Not open for further replies.

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Hi,

I just built a new PC. The processor is Intel Dual Core E2180.

I assembled it from scratch. In starting it shows PC Health Status as

CPU temp = 57 degree C .
System Temp= 36 degree C.

I also applied thermal paste on the processor but still the temp is not normal. The fan is also running fine. What would be the problem??

Or is this the normal temp???

Plz help me.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^57C is fine for the processor.
But if you want to reduce the temperature more, then clear the dust from the fan blades and the heat sink of the processor.
Add additional fans in your cabinet and make way for proper air flow.

OP
saqib_khan

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
^^57C is fine for the processor.
But if you want to reduce the temperature more, then clear the dust from the fan blades and the heat sink of the processor.

There is no dust. It is a new box pack processor. I opened the seal tomorrow only .

My dealer said that 57 C is much more for processor & u r saying it is normal??

@Pathik
I used a paste named "Heat sink compound" .This label is on the bottle itself.
Am i using right paste??
I applied this on the processor.

Renny

Padawan
Really peculiar problem,

Use Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound and disable Smart Fan control in your BIOS so that the CPU fan runs at full speed always,

This may be silly but maybe the CPU fan isn't in the proper position or something :D .

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
I used a paste named "Heat sink compound" .This label is on the bottle itself.
Am i using right paste??
I applied this on the processor.

why did u apply this paste?Intel supplies the HSF with thermal pads on the bottom whihc does a pretty good job.it cud be that u hav applied xcess of thermal paste.clean it off and the apply a fresh thin film of thermal paste.

shift

Seed is the Life!!
What abot this one *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87114

What about this one *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87114

Last edited:

rameeze

Broken In
57 is not normal temp but ur pc can work on it but it can reduce life of system. I have also faced same problem .my pc was working on 60 degree after some time temp reacched toabout 105 and pc shut down. I applied thermal paste and it is working fine on 42-44 degree.

chech if there is any gap between processor and heatsink or whether heatsink is properly fitted or not.

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
57C without overclock is too high....i think the thermal paste is crappy....u know sometimes if ur mobo BIOS is old u get wrong temperature....so after shutting down unplug the main power, touch the PSU(to remove static charge) and then touch the heat sink and see if it is really 57C...i am telling so coz ur system temp is relatively very low....
if it is really high then buy Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound available for some 260bucks at lynx-india....coz most probably ur thermal paste is odd....
my CPU temp before was 40 ideal and 48-50 when playing Crysis......after applying Arctic Silver 5 it is around 35-36 ideal and 45 when playing crysis....

channabasanna

In the zone
What about the compound which comes with the Processor fan which comes with the porcessor. I haven applied any paste for my rig. Pls find my rig in my signature, even normal temperatures would be 51C.

OP
saqib_khan

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
@hellgate
First i didn't applied any thermal paste, in that situation it was 76 degree C.

And then my dealer said to apply thermal paste, and then the temp went to 57 degree C.

OK, wait for me to post the CPU voltage .

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
First i used to think that Thermal Pastes are for high-ends....but later realised that one shudnt run a proccy without thermal paste...t

OP
saqib_khan

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Ok, here r the CPU voltages in my BIOS.
Vcore 1.30V
NB 1.39V
+5V 5.28V
+12V 12.14V
5VSB 5.07V
VDIMM 1.92V
3.3 VSB 3.42V
Val Battery 3.16V

And here r the temp's i get by using software named "Speedfan".
Temp1 45 C
Temp2 36 C
Temp3 37 C
HDO 37 C
Temp1 40 C
Core0 46 C
Core1 46 C

So, my question is y BIOS is showing more value, compared to speedfan???
Which is correct, shud i trust BIOS or Speedfan????

OP
saqib_khan

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Nice idea rahul, will try it now.
I will try Hmonitor now.

Got the problem.
Guess what??

When i opened the processor socket & removed the processor, some pins in the mobo were bent. I made them stand straight. And then connected HSF.

Now, the problem is gone. The temp remains around 40 C now.

But i thank u all guys for helping me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom