Why does my PC does not startup once I have removed the RAM sticks?

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
Hi guys, I am using a very old PC. A few years back I bought two RAM sticks of 1 GB each. Before putting those sticks in my cabinet my PC was working fine on the RAM of 256 mb which I had got when I bought the computer, but after buying those two sticks I never removed them. Today I planned to sell them, I removed the sticks and tried to switch my PC on, but some strange kind of beeping sound keeps coming and my PC won't start without putting at least one stick.
Please tell me what to do? I have to sell those sticks and want my PC to work on the RAM of 256 mb which I had in the PC before buying those extra RAM sticks.

Sorry guys, if this is a noob question. I am still a learner.

Utkarsh Sharma

Journeyman
RAM is one of the primary components in a PC. You cannot perform any task without RAM. That is why for multitasking high amount of RAM is suggested.

OP
sam9953

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
^I obviously know that but my point is that even though my pc has internal RAM of 256 mb then too my system won't get on.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
internal ram?
first try cleaning the ram. if the 256MB stick was not used for a long time either dust has accumulated on the pins or moisture. do a thorough cleaning of ram & ram slot. insert ram and clear cmos. check if pc boots.

OP
sam9953

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
internal ram?
first try cleaning the ram. if the 256MB stick was not used for a long time either dust has accumulated on the pins or moisture. do a thorough cleaning of ram & ram slot. insert ram and clear cmos. check if pc boots.

What I mean by internal ram is the ram which was provided to me at the time when I bought the PC. Will do all the cleaning and then report.

mang

Broken In
You may also try this Remove the cmos battery for five minutes after that put them back and Start the pc .

Top Bottom