Why do we see both good & bad reviews for the same product in online shopping sites?

srdigit16

In the zone
We have seen product ratings from 1 to 5 for the same product in online shopping sites right? Why is it so? How come the same product is best for some & worst for others?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Reviews are always subjective. Although online reviews in Amazon and all should be the product itself, as in was it defective or something rather than is it a good product.

But sure it gives a good platform for users to voice their opinion and maybe even companies to get very direct feedback from their direct customers and improve the products in the long run.

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
We have seen product ratings from 1 to 5 for the same product in online shopping sites right? Why is it so? How come the same product is best for some & worst for others?

there is a product,(with multiple sellers) people buy it. Now the reviews will be as follows
1)The seller sent a defective product(may be the mistake of manufacturer or shipping, but still the seller will be blamed)
2)The product's packing was not good (again, maybe torn during shipping, but seller will be blamed)
3)Some fake reviews setup by competitors
4)And sometimes, the product gets bad reputation even when it is not the brand's mistake. e.g. saw a review of asus vivobook, the reviewer was complaining about the company, Because, flipkart sold him a refurbished product and when he took it to service center, the warranty did not apply. Now here the flipkart's seller is to be blamed but that guy was blaming Asus for it.
5) Sometimes product did not match the expectations. Some so called audiophiles who like flat response buy earphones from boat or realme like brand and when they find muffled lows, they start complaining. But those who like it, gives 5 star reviews.

so, always read the reviews instead of comparing star rating, as people have different opinions and so does reviews. 1-star given for late delivery or bad packing does not mean the product is bad after all.

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
there is a product,(with multiple sellers) people buy it. Now the reviews will be as follows
1)The seller sent a defective product(may be the mistake of manufacturer or shipping, but still the seller will be blamed)
2)The product's packing was not good (again, maybe torn during shipping, but seller will be blamed)
3)Some fake reviews setup by competitors
4)And sometimes, the product gets bad reputation even when it is not the brand's mistake. e.g. saw a review of asus vivobook, the reviewer was complaining about the company, Because, flipkart sold him a refurbished product and when he took it to service center, the warranty did not apply. Now here the flipkart's seller is to be blamed but that guy was blaming Asus for it.
5) Sometimes product did not match the expectations. Some so called audiophiles who like flat response buy earphones from boat or realme like brand and when they find muffled lows, they start complaining. But those who like it, gives 5 star reviews.

so, always read the reviews instead of comparing star rating, as people have different opinions and so does reviews. 1-star given for late delivery or bad packing does not mean the product is bad after all.
Not just ratings there both positive and negative reviews for same product

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
Ya that also. I ordered a gimble back then from Amazon, I also got a small slipnsying me to give a 5 star review and I will get 50 rs. In Amazon pay.
I got another one like that and I submitted a review of that. Amazon did not approve it.

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
Ya that also. I ordered a gimble back then from Amazon, I also got a small slipnsying me to give a 5 star review and I will get 50 rs. In Amazon pay.
500028000694_500910.jpg

Makes you angry or sad?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
bad reviews, except posted by some competing sellers are more trustable than good reviews. Always see bad reviews first and then judge it.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Unethical way of appraising a product. Happens in online shopping sites now a days.
People are making millions in online selling business. Buy a lot of packages from China at dirt cheap rate and sell it here at high prices :)

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
Yupp exactly this thing. I didn't post any review, although the product was pretty satisfactory.
Did the same thing meself, though the product was okish in my case.
But yeah highly illegal and unethical.
Not sure about the first one chief. If its illegal why they ain't in already? Maybe there is not law regarding that, but one thing is for certain its a breach of ToC for sure.
bad reviews, except posted by some competing sellers are more trustable than good reviews. Always see bad reviews first and then judge it.
Yeah, one rule of thumb is to check 3 stars reviews, they are generally one of the more honest ones.

Top Bottom