why do we need a gfx card???????????????????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Hmmmm....I get 45fps in DOOM III with my 3.2GHz Prescott, 1GB DDR400 (dual channel), and 128MB ATi Mobility 9700. I guess something's wrong with my system. I should switch to GMA900 :p

sagsall4u

Journeyman
hmmm

Kl@w-24 said:
Ppl, I think he was trying to say 8.5 fps, and we all misunderstood th poor bloke :lol: :lol: :lol:
he would have said that he meant 8.5 fps by now . this thraed has been going on for the last few days

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Re: huh

kunwar said:
drvarunmehta said:
You have a 2 Ghz proccy, 400 Mhz FSB, 256 MB RAM and an integrated graphics card and you expect us to believe you get 85 fps in Doom 3?
he, i run doom 3 on medium settings on intel extreme graphics.
about 10 people have asked me that

but
but

but 85 fps score was from medium setting on gma 900 from chip march 05 issue.
did u understood dude :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
i HOPE so 8) :idea: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why the response you may ask ? Well Doom3 is capped at 70fps no matter what your settings are :roll: :roll: Sheesh...dude next time b4 u wanna claim anything check if it is actually possible or not. :lol:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
@icecoolz , it is capped at 60 fps but the benchmarking mode is not . anywayz the guy is simply lying abt the 85 fps mark.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
how come he got 85 fps .. as far as i think 85>60 and d3 is capped at 60 fps even with the fix .. which boosts the fps a litlle but not over 70 ...

800x600 , medium .... right ???? but i need to see it to believe it ... maybe u could record a part of the game where u got 85 fps and mail it to me ... how about that ??? and then i might just get a GMA900 ..... after all it run PoP WW at 800x600,low !!!!!!!

But then again a GMA900 might just out perform a FX5900 with 3Ghz processor + 1GB ram ... donno ... world is going crazy .... tell me one more thing ... did u restart after u applied the new settings over the default settings .....

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
deathvirus_me said:
how come he got 85 fps .. as far as i think 85>60 and d3 is capped at 60 fps even with the fix .. which boosts the fps a litlle but not over 70 ...

800x600 , medium .... right ???? but i need to see it to believe it ... maybe u could record a part of the game where u got 85 fps and mail it to me ... how about that ??? and then i might just get a GMA900 ..... after all it run PoP WW at 800x600,low !!!!!!!

But then again a GMA900 might just out perform a FX5900 with 3Ghz processor + 1GB ram ... donno ... world is going crazy .... tell me one more thing ... did u restart after u applied the new settings over the default settings .....

i read that in CHIP

i have told that earlier????????

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
Re: huh

icecoolz said:
kunwar said:
drvarunmehta said:
You have a 2 Ghz proccy, 400 Mhz FSB, 256 MB RAM and an integrated graphics card and you expect us to believe you get 85 fps in Doom 3?
he, i run doom 3 on medium settings on intel extreme graphics.
about 10 people have asked me that

but
but

but 85 fps score was from medium setting on gma 900 from chip march 05 issue.
did u understood dude :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
i HOPE so 8) :idea: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i read that in CHIP.

I will email u the scanned page of that

tell me ur e mail id

what a hell?
u people doesn't BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :?: :!: :idea: :lol: :wink:
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why the response you may ask ? Well Doom3 is capped at 70fps no matter what your settings are :roll: :roll: Sheesh...dude next time b4 u wanna claim anything check if it is actually possible or not. :lol:

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
SWEET SNEHA said:
kunwar said:
i have got dial up connection

u can understand

Instead of writing this u cud hv explained to us that
HOW ON THIS EARTH U R GETTING 85fps

i didn't got 85 fps
i read in CHIP mar 05 issue.
they got it on asrock 915 p4 dual's GMA 900

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@kunwar
man u r a nut ........sorry for saying that but u simply started this stupid post whithout even checking the facts .

i just checked the mar 05 issue of chip and ya they got 85 fps on doom 3 on the asrock p4 dual 915 gl board ... but dude did u bother to check the test machine they used for the benchmarking ??? .... the test machine used was
a p4 3.4 ghz , 6600 gt and 512 mb of ddr 400 mhz ram (ocz , corsair) , along with a sata hdd ....

now go check it and guyz and gurlz (sneha) plz forgive this chap :) ... LMAO.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
So Im gonna recoment to ASUS or MSI to launch there cards with 900 GMA instead of 6600 or 6800 nd the hell.

JUST JOKIN YAAR.

Delpiero

Journeyman
kunwar said:
dear,
the onboard GMA 900 gfx accelerator scores about 85 fps at 800*600 resolution.
so, why do we need a gfx card??????????
what more FPS do we want???????????????

2) the onboard VGA can be iincreade my adding more RAM.
then get a 512 mb RAM module ang share 128 mb to VGA
wao what an idea
isn't it???????????????????????????????????????????
We need a GPU because .......................we need to play the latest games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a joke 85 fps on GMA900. Stop buying 6600GT everybody.

PainKiller

thug for life...2pac
doom3...85fps on intel gma...HELP...somebody plz admit me to the hospital...i cant stop laughing.
hey man...either u dont know what game u r running or u know nothing abt mathematics

btw....nice pic sneha :)

AGENT_SMITH

Journeyman
mohit said:
@kunwar
man u r a nut ........sorry for saying that but u simply started this stupid post whithout even checking the facts .

i just checked the mar 05 issue of chip and ya they got 85 fps on doom 3 on the asrock p4 dual 915 gl board ... but dude did u bother to check the test machine they used for the benchmarking ??? .... the test machine used was
a p4 3.4 ghz , 6600 gt and 512 mb of ddr 400 mhz ram (ocz , corsair) , along with a sata hdd ....

now go check it and guyz and gurlz (sneha) plz forgive this chap :) ... LMAO.

i agree with u
mods please close this thread

aceman

Broken In
Let me first go and sell my 6800GT + AMD and go for a GMA900 insted, might even give me >100Fps in FEAR :lol: :lol: .

aceman

Broken In
Let me first go and sell my 6800GT + AMD and go for a GMA900 insted, might even give me >100Fps in UT2007 :lol: :lol: .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom