why do we need a gfx card???????????????????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunwar

In the zone
dear,

the onboard VGA can be iincreade my adding more RAM.
then get a 512 mb RAM module ang share 128 mb to VGA
wao what an idea
isn't it???????????????????????????????????????????

Delta

Journeyman
I think Video RAM does'nt affect much. If your onboard grafix doesn't have pixel shader and has 128 MB video ram then you cant play Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (Just Example).

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
You must be playing a really old game to get 85 fps on a GMA900.
Just reserving more system RAM for the graphics chip won't increase performance because there will be a very high latency between system RAM and the graphics chip. This is the reason graphics cards come with dedicated GDDR3 RAM which is optimised for gaming.
Plus there are other factors like pixel pipelines, core clock speed, memory speed, pixel and vertex shaders, shader model used, memory interface (64/128/256 bit) that affect performance.
Even if you dedicate 1 GB RAM to a GMA900, it won't perform any better.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
85 fps at 800x600 on GMA900 .. what game man ???

the first reason for shifting to gpu was the low bandwidth between the processor/ram .... games are already beginning to utilize the 4x agp bandwidth .. u can bet that games released a few months later will be barely playable on the gma900 ... better gpu means better handling of textures/shaders/rendering ... without an additional gpu .. how much will the cpu be able to do ??? specially in games utilizing heavy textures/shaders etc.. old games like RTCW will run smooth .. newer games like D3,HL2 will eat the gma900 ....

and btw .. increasing the shared memory will result in higher latency ... might even decrease performance ...

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
deathvirus_me said:
85 fps at 800x600 on GMA900 .. what game man ???

the first reason for shifting to gpu was the low bandwidth between the processor/ram .... games are already beginning to utilize the 4x agp bandwidth .. u can bet that games released a few months later will be barely playable on the gma900 ... better gpu means better handling of textures/shaders/rendering ... without an additional gpu .. how much will the cpu be able to do ??? specially in games utilizing heavy textures/shaders etc.. old games like RTCW will run smooth .. newer games like D3,HL2 will eat the gma900 ....

and btw .. increasing the shared memory will result in higher latency ... might even decrease performance ...
it is doom 3,dude. :shock:

sagsall4u

Journeyman
hmmm

kunwar said:
supersaiyan said:
"]may i ask which game?
8)

LADIES and GENTLEMEN

it is DOOM 3

doom 3

DOOM3
I think u heard :wink: :wink:

doom 3 at 85 fps .. haha u are tottaly bluffing . coz you wont get that fps on a med level gpx card man. i dont think it was 85 fps . chck this out

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
You have a 2 Ghz proccy, 400 Mhz FSB, 256 MB RAM and an integrated graphics card and you expect us to believe you get 85 fps in Doom 3?

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
kunwar said:
the onboard VGA can be iincreade my adding more RAM.
then get a 512 mb RAM module ang share 128 mb to VGA
wao what an idea
isn't it???????????????????????????????????????????

:shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hahahahaha ......85 fps in doom 3 with the oboard intel 900 gma ... man see my config on my signature and beleive me doom 3 was not playable at low/medium settings also man at 800*600 ... this is unbeleivable stuff ... did they launch a doom3 lite version or something ? :D

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
huh

drvarunmehta said:
You have a 2 Ghz proccy, 400 Mhz FSB, 256 MB RAM and an integrated graphics card and you expect us to believe you get 85 fps in Doom 3?
he, i run doom 3 on medium settings on intel extreme graphics.
about 10 people have asked me that

but
but

but 85 fps score was from medium setting on gma 900 from chip march 05 issue.
did u understood dude :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
i HOPE so 8) :idea: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
are yaar vishwas to karo.

there is a guy named vyasakh in this forum who also RAN doom 3.
ask him at "vysakh1989@yahoo.com

it is doom 3 NOT quake 3.

i dun think that there is something 2 get SURPRISED.
but if u r , then............................ nothing CAN be done

u can check that from march 05 ISSUE of CHIP.

HA

HA

Why dun u believe.

SKOAR! told us how 2 run it on 128 mb ram

but
but i ran on 256 mb ram

SWEET SNEHA

Journeyman
Kunwar's story is like a sci-fiction.
But TRUTH IS STRANGE THAN FICTION.
Isn't it mr.Skull.
Did u vcreated the avataar urself.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
doom 3 at mediun settings is also not a joke my frnds intel 915 board with onboard intel extreme graphics and 512 mb of ram and a 2.8ghz ht processor was crawling when doom3 was run at med settings , 85 fps is a joke(and i have laughed enough) .

but 85 fps score was from medium setting on gma 900 from chip march 05 issue.

if u read it again they may have used a good gfx card on that mobo not gma900 onboard ,just a thought....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom