Why do people buy Macbook?

drsubhadip

In the zone
Yes. It was indeed. You made a comparison of battery life while running mac and windows.

Apple need not necessarily always be the best thing in the world. ;)

I was telling when runningmac book pro, mac os x it run 7 hr and when mac run windows 7 it is 4 hr ..as battery life

dsmarty

Journeyman
Know Your Computer: 10 Reasons Not To Buy Macbook
have a look

Hehe, nice post. ;)

I have publicly +1'd this. :p

I was telling when runningmac book pro, mac os x it run 7 hr and when mac run windows 7 it is 4 hr ..as battery life

May be. But in your next reply, you asked me to name a windows laptop which runs 7 hours on battery. Which clearly meant that you believed there are no windows laptops with good battery life. Anyways, you love macs and I don't. In the end it all comes down to personal choice.

drsubhadip

In the zone
Know Your Computer: 10 Reasons Not To Buy Macbook
have a look

about point 1: got core i5 with intel graphics
2:no , it is not linux based...it is developed from Unix..and it is the best implementation of unix
3:yes, i have installed windows 7 in mac book pro with bootcamp..simply dual bootting it
4:who is telling it is ultrabook...ultrabook is Macbook air.not Macbook pro
5:yes..right no HDMI port
6:yes.only 2 USB port..but usb 3
9: never faced any problem of driver..it is there in apple website..
10. wrong information

drsubhadip

In the zone
Hehe, nice post. ;)

May be. But in your next reply, you asked me to name a windows laptop which runs 7 hours on battery. Which clearly meant that you believed there are no windows laptops with good battery life. Anyways, you love macs and I don't. In the end it all comes down to personal choice.

I do not think it is very difficult for the decision..

if u have money..then buy it..

if not .then day dream it..

buy cheap alternative of Mac..
I have already answered it...

:)

doomgiver

Warframe
Hehe, nice post. ;)

its a stupid post made by a noob.
half the points are plain wrong or incorrect.

about point 1: got core i5 with intel graphics
2:no , it is not linux based...it is developed from Unix..and it is the best implementation of unix
3:yes, i have installed windows 7 in mac book pro with bootcamp..simply dual bootting it
4:who is telling it is ultrabook...ultrabook is Macbook air.not Macbook pro
5:yes..right no HDMI port
6:yes.only 2 USB port..but usb 3
9: never faced any problem of driver..it is there in apple website..
10. wrong information

1. practically the same as not having a GPU. no sense in not having a gpu in a 70k product.
2. its based on Darwin, which was forked off BSD. OSX!=linux. not even close. and the very principles of the company apple are completely against the wish and dream of the FOSS movement. stop insulting linux by relating it to mac.
3. you didnt understand. why do you want to run windows on a mac? buy a normal laptop.
6. source? as if having less number of ports is justified in any case.
10. partially correct. if your mac develops trouble, you have to turn it in. you cannot "troubleshoot" it like a normal laptop.

tkin

Back to school!!
People buy mac just to show a status symbol, there is nothing a mac does that a normal laptop can't do, except maybe the high res screen, atleast now people buying macs could justify due to the high res screen, earlier it was clean daylight robbery.

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
Owning a Mac is a thing you wont get in a normal laptop it has its own status ....the illuminating icon of the Apple the clean finish,the build quality and that silver color it has some its own.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
normal laptop does not have indicators that are invisible when they are not indicating anything

specs are never at par, people who make such statements ignore weight and slimness of the product always

tkin

Back to school!!
Owning a Mac is a thing you wont get in a normal laptop it has its own status ....the illuminating icon of the Apple the clean finish,the build quality and that silver color it has some its own.
All bling bling, hardware is never the same, its like porsche 911 with a V6 and bmw z series with V8 engine, I'd go for the BMW.

PS: And in the dept of looks, newer ultrabooks look as sexy as a macbook anyday.

normal laptop does not have indicators that are invisible when they are not indicating anything

specs are never at par, people who make such statements ignore weight and slimness of the product always
And how exactly does that improve your computing performance, I mean I barely have the time to look at indicators when I am busy in work or gaming(macs can't do that. maybe that's why people have much time to stare at the indicators), I only take a glance at the indicators when something is wrong, like no wi fi signal or system freeze, maybe macs have many such issues? :lol:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^yeah it's a lot of small, thoughtful touches that make all the difference

and there are many fun games on mac now, psychonauts, asphalt 6, limbo...

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
People buy mac just to show a status symbol, there is nothing a mac does that a normal laptop can't do, except maybe the high res screen, atleast now people buying macs could justify due to the high res screen, earlier it was clean daylight robbery.
A normal laptop doesn't give the battery life which a Macbook gives.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aren't there Laptops that have 7-8 Hours of Battery Life , or even more with somewhat a similiar config ??
Labelled battery life. Real world is never same. More than a Macbook while same config? Never experienced it. The 15" MBPr comes with a 95 watt-hour battery.

It's actually Mac OS X which gives really good battery life.

Macbook Pros (retina) are coming with 256 GB and 512 GB SSDs by default. I guess that tells you why they are expensive apart from the 2880x1800 resolution.

Hrishi

Labelled battery life. Real world is never same. More than a Macbook while same config? Never experienced it. The 15" MBPr comes with a 95 watt-hour battery.

It's actually Mac OS X which gives really good battery life.

Macbook Pros (retina) are coming with 256 GB and 512 GB SSDs by default. I guess that tells you why they are expensive apart from the 2880x1800 resolution.

Agree with the fact that Os X has considerably lesser battery drain. I have read somewhere that Running Windows on a Macbook reduces labelled battery life (meant for OS X) ,by almost 20-30%.
Macbook tops basically due to the fact that its optimized to run OS X.

dsmarty

Journeyman
A normal laptop doesn't give the battery life which a Macbook gives.

Again back to the same point?
Look previous page. I've posted link to a laptop with 9 hours battery life. Not enough? use google, there are thinkpads with 7 hours battery on 6 cell and 12 hours with 9 cell. Don't blindly go on posting :censored:.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Again back to the same point?
Look previous page. I've posted link to a laptop with 9 hours battery life. Not enough? use google, there are thinkpads with 7 hours battery on 6 cell and 12 hours with 9 cell. Don't blindly go on posting crap.
yup, again back to the previous point because none of those laptops give the labelled battery life. ULV laptops will give you that kind of battery life, but then they're slow.

My laptop claims to give 5 hours. Do I get 5 hours? Nope. Hardly 2.5 hours on light usage.

The HP Envy dv4 which you quoted has a puny 3rd gen Core i3 processor. The MBPr 15" is giving you 7+ hours with a quad core Core i7 (Not ULV).

*www.anandtech.com/show/6023/the-nextgen-macbook-pro-with-retina-display-review/16

you got it wrong, a penguin would commit seppuku upon finding that the terminal has almost no use in OS(u)X
You know, last time (a year back) you implied that OS X has no command line and had no clue that it's a *nix. I instantly posted the screenshot of the Terminal.

This time you claim that the terminal has no use in OS X.

I guess, you use Arch Linux and must have migrated to systemd by now. systemd is heavily influenced from OS X's launchd. The very idea about having an init system with socketed services comes from launchd and systemd is intended for doing the same on Linux distros.

Next, install macports on OS X and you have a full fledged package manager. Command line on OS X is as powerful as that on any *nix.

Top Bottom