Why do people buy Macbook?

Hrishi

HP ENVY dv4t-5200 Notebook PC | HP® Official Store

*twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/3026648560/0a0630752ccbe045d9fa7e2443f1ae04.jpeg

He asked a wrong question . :p haha .

BTW , no doubt they have awesome build quality.

red dragon

Master troll
Latitude is just made for travel purposes, i.e. who travel a LOOOOOOOOOT.
PS: If you're talking about portability rather, then yeah. I suppose you could make a good case for MBP then.
Nope!Latitude is not a niche product,I see a lot everyday at work.
I bet you have not seen/used a MBP,though the 13 incher is small,but it is not light by any means.The 15 incher is huge and the old 17 inchers were monsters!
Air is a different story though!

Hrishi

WTF!!You compared that thing with a Macbook!
Ask for it , and get it.!!! :p

Don't consider it sarcastic or offensive , but I am wondering that "Its legal and acceptable when Apple users compare their product with Windows/Linux/etc(Any non-Apple products) , but when a non-apple user does the same while comparing his product to Apple User's , thats unholy & Sin in the Geek's bible.!! Why ? "
may I ask Why ??

n3rd

In the zone
Nope!Latitude is not a niche product,I see a lot everyday at work.
I bet you have not seen/used a MBP,though the 13 incher is small,but it is not light by any means.The 15 incher is huge and the old 17 inchers were monsters!
Air is a different story though!

Then what is the point if it isn't portable? You seeing a lot of them at work doesn't invalidate my point, it is targeted at a niche audience.

I have seen it, haven't carried it around or anything, but still do think that it's overpriced. Being quality and overpriced are not mutually exclusive.

red dragon

Master troll
Ask for it , and get it.!!! :p

Don't consider it sarcastic or offensive , but I am wondering that "Its legal and acceptable when Apple users compare their product with Windows/Linux/etc(Any non-Apple products) , but when a non-apple user does the same while comparing his product to Apple User's , thats unholy & Sin in the Geek's bible.!! Why ? "
may I ask Why ??

You can very well compare a MBP with Thinkpads or Elitebooks...but with DV series!?
Use them side by side,will realize how stupid the comparison is.

Hrishi

The comparison was well suited. He asked for any W7 laptop (non-apple) with more than 7 hours of battery. ! :p haha js kiddin..

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Last tuesday I had a ppt presentation..Then came a lady with her macbook to present hers. And the thing didnt have a port for a projector! Thankfully she had a backup in pendrive and presented on poor mans (me) windows laptop.

Not saying macs are bad. But these are small things which can really bsckfire.

sakumar79

Technomancer
1. One of the advantages of the Macbooks is the (generally consistent) good build quality. You can get that from some of the laptops from other manufacturers also, but you have to be careful when purchasing - the same company has some models with lesser (not necessarily poor) build quality for lower price and similar specced models with better build quality for higher price). With Macbooks, you generally (not necessarily always) dont have to worry above quality.
2. Another advantage of the Macbooks is that the hardware and software are well integrated to give you a better OS experience. Windows (and Linux also except specific distros) are "one size fits all" OSes that are made for all hardware specs (satisfying certain general requirements), while OSX is prepared with certain specific set of hardware criteria in mind - hence, there are less likely chances of hardware conflicts and software glitches in the OS.
3. A disadvantage of the Macbooks is that practically every accessory that you need will be costly. Hence, not only will the initial investment be costly, but further upgrades also will be costly. However, as mentioned in above point, there is less likelihood of problems with compatible accessories.
4. Another disadvantage of the Macbooks is that if you come from a Windows or Linux world, lot of the OSX working will take some time to get used to. Also, there will be incompatibility issues if you have to constantly coordinate your work in the Macbook to a Windows based computer at office.

Arun

drsubhadip

In the zone
I do not think it is very difficult for the decision..

if u have money..then buy it..

if not .then day dream it..

buy cheap alternative of Mac..

dsmarty

Journeyman
You can very well compare a MBP with Thinkpads or Elitebooks...but with DV series!?
Use them side by side,will realize how stupid the comparison is.

Well, that was only battery comparison. I'm not talking about usability or build quality here. A mac user believed that windows can never ever run more than 5 hours on battery. So there you go, that HP thing runs 9 hours. drsubhadip's main point was battery life of macs. So now buying a smaller screen mac because it runs 7 hours on battery is pointless.
I'm a windows user and I think buying a mac is a dumbest thing to do :p. That's just my opinion.
Different People Have Different Thoughts. :D
Another point I forgot to mention is, Apple products are overpraised. You don't get what you pay for!

drsubhadip

In the zone
I have bought Macbook pro in December 2011..13 inches..

Now after 1 yr 1 month...it is still the same ..
no lag... still great battery..7 hr in Mac ..and almost 4 hr in Windows.

what a screen..and what a track pad..

if u use it once..u will love it..multiple gesture..use it ..u will never use mouse again.

Believe it or not..

look wise it is best..
backlit keys.

using almost 14 hr per day..continuously in last 1 yr..

just still so new.. my HP laptop getting old..bought later..

using dual boot in mac.. windows 7 in bootcamp..no trouble.. u can do anything..

using windows 7 in bootcamp for trading purpose.. so great..
u will love it..

U have to see it to believe it.

best of luck

Well, that was only battery comparison. I'm not talking about usability or build quality here. A mac user believed that windows can never ever run more than 5 hours on battery. So there you go, that HP thing runs 9 hours. drsubhadip's main point was battery life of macs. So now buying a smaller screen mac because it runs 7 hours on battery is pointless.
I'm a windows user and I think buying a mac is a dumbest thing to do :p. That's just my opinion.
Different People Have Different Thoughts. :D
Another point I forgot to mention is, Apple products are overpraised. You don't get what you pay for!

do u think my main point was battery life only ?

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
1. One of the advantages of the Macbooks is the (generally consistent) good build quality. You can get that from some of the laptops from other manufacturers also, but you have to be careful when purchasing - the same company has some models with lesser (not necessarily poor) build quality for lower price and similar specced models with better build quality for higher price). With Macbooks, you generally (not necessarily always) dont have to worry above quality.
2. Another advantage of the Macbooks is that the hardware and software are well integrated to give you a better OS experience. Windows (and Linux also except specific distros) are "one size fits all" OSes that are made for all hardware specs (satisfying certain general requirements), while OSX is prepared with certain specific set of hardware criteria in mind - hence, there are less likely chances of hardware conflicts and software glitches in the OS.
3. A disadvantage of the Macbooks is that practically every accessory that you need will be costly. Hence, not only will the initial investment be costly, but further upgrades also will be costly. However, as mentioned in above point, there is less likelihood of problems with compatible accessories.
4. Another disadvantage of the Macbooks is that if you come from a Windows or Linux world, lot of the OSX working will take some time to get used to. Also, there will be incompatibility issues if you have to constantly coordinate your work in the Macbook to a Windows based computer at office.

Arun

the same reason people buy a lamborghini even when they can go to the office in a mercedees :p

Top Bottom