Why cant linux be as simple as windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfan

Technomancer
whistler said:
U stole my words Tuxfan, fully agreed...even that was my problem 3 years ago when i started using linux but now as the time passed iam am a step ahead of novice.

:) But I am not a thief ;)

samjkd

Broken In
Hai all

first of al linux is only the kernel, it has nothing to do with the Graphical Manager. If u want linux to behave like windows u should choose a suitable distro like Linspire or knoopix.

tuxfan

Technomancer
samjkd said:
Hai all

first of al linux is only the kernel, it has nothing to do with the Graphical Manager. If u want linux to behave like windows u should choose a suitable distro like Linspire or knoopix.

Yes mate. Most of us who are advocating "Linux" here knows that "Linux" is just a kernel and the OS should be called GNU/Linux. But why burden someone who is new to "Linux" with all these terminologies? As such the difference is putting him off. Why decrease his chances of adopting the Free (as in freedom ;)) OS?

firewall

In the zone
yehmeriidhain said:
& plzz U LINUX community fellows STOP! shouting abt LINUX is this tht .. i would say just stay quiet & let others decide on their! own

It applies best to you !!

:)

kumarmohit

Technomancer
I have had one hel of problems with windows and switched to linux and than back U know why-- Sify ppl are not able to Diffrentiate in windows and linux and after 1 full week of nagging and being forced to attempt the exe file instead of tarball I was able to get my internet connexion working - I d revert back to linux if any one gets my Inet working on it and tels Sify ppl what is linux..

expertno.1

Technomancer
Linux and windows are the best in their platforms

both have pros and cons
both are good and bad

only we the ppl have to decide waht to take !

ujjwal

Padawan
I have had one hel of problems with windows and switched to linux and than back U know why-- Sify ppl are not able to Diffrentiate in windows and linux and after 1 full week of nagging and being forced to attempt the exe file instead of tarball I was able to get my internet connexion working - I d revert back to linux if any one gets my Inet working on it and tels Sify ppl what is linux..

Its not so difficult to use sify's internet with linux, unfortunately their official client has odd problems and won't work with some systems.

If it doesn't work for you, try this unofficial client - *puggy.symonds.net/~srp/sify.c - compile it with "gcc -o sifyconnect sify.c", run "./sifyconnect" to login. You need to have a C compiler installed.

Calcatian

Journeyman
This forum is filled with hordes Linux fanatics :!:

they just seem 2 forget d issue about having some1's own choice :!:

So ppl like bharat_r, watch out :!: There may b troubles ahead 4 u :!:

NEway, I wud suggest a n00b 2:
1. use a live distro like Mepis
2. Join a crash course on Linux (coz most of us do so when we start our affair with Win)
Then decide 4 him/herself...
(Most of the casual PC users who just use PCs 2 create docs in word or browse d web will still like 2 stay with Win..)

I think Linux still has a very long way 2 go b4 bcoming d true MS killa :!:

vasanth_12345

Journeyman
well i didnt join any course to study windows nor did i join any course to study linux.If u ask me both the oses r well placed in terms of learning.cos when i posted a question regarding how to install .rpms in rh8 most of the guys gave me a code tp type in the terminal but this was easily accomplished by double clicking on the file.Further if u still see when guys asks a question like how to use tarballs the query is still answered the oldway(I.e by going to the terminal and typing so and so) i was able to untar it by jus double clicking on it.Further hey calcatian no offence but why using so much smileys u could cut down on them a little

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom