Why are Portable External Hard Drive prices not comming down?

johnluke

Broken In
hi friends,
Last year i missed chance when dollar was at 44 after that dollar went to 53 and so wer external hard drive prices.I was looking at 1TB external Hard drive price since Novemeber ideal price is around 5500-5700 but now it is consistently at 6600 and above.
In November Thaliland Floods spoiled the business but since after that also prices are not comming down.
Does anyone have Idea whether when will prices start comming down?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ It is decreased. Don't look at online stores, go down to local store where you can find a better deal.

OP
J

johnluke

Broken In
Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1TB Hard Drive Black was purchased by my friend 1 year back at 5500 when dollar was at Rs 44 per dollar....Now its consistently at 6500 on primeabgb also same story.

havoknation

Journeyman
Dude, companies are still taking benefit of Thailand/Malaysia Flood. From that time till now, prices didnt get reduced a bit.

dr.rdb

Broken In
I heard overseas prices will low down in November during Black Friday Sale. But in India prices will drop by December.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
it's because of the duopoly of seagate and WD . Everybody has left the hdd field so don't expect price drops

maheshn

Journeyman
@OP, try even online now prices are a lot less.... Seagate 1TB 2.5" at flipkart is 5455/- now, and WD Elements 2.5" at snapdeal is 5499/- only.

Prices will slowly decrease, it is only because a lot of people (read: PC manufacturers) take 6 month to 1yr long pricing agreements with the suppliers, and because of this they will get reduced prices after the period only, and, as a result, even the other customers have to pay the higher prices for the time period... :-x

Top Bottom