whost.in - Fast, Reliable web Hosting - New Offers

RChandan

Broken In
Than again they need to pay for IPs, bandwidth, person they hire etc...etc....

Do you want me to quote few reputed host of US, UK who also have their OWN datacenter, and their pricing.

DO you know a term called "overselling"???

I'm sorry, but I didn't quite intend to take the feud this far. Simply put, I feel your plans on offer are majorly overpriced compared to the competition, but yes, that's a strictly personal opinion. I'm taking my arguments back and I apologize for having started it.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
One question, just for information...
Does it support Ruby on Rails, Django or Turbogears?

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
^ C'mon, Bishaal thing was just a joke, didn't mean to hurt you at all.

Even when you consider that they offer unlimited bandwidth to the best of their abilities, isn't it still better than the max plan (10/100 GB for 14k) that is advertised here, especially under shared hosting?

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Price listed here is well fair. You can get a:
P4 server
Unlimted 10 Mbps bandwidth
500 GB SATA hard disk

on some datacenter.....for just around `150$ per month.

Now sell 1000 shared accounts for 5$ per month with unlimited space+bandwidth.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
RChandan said:
Even when you consider that they offer unlimited bandwidth to the best of their abilities, isn't it still better than the max plan (10/100 GB for 14k) that is advertised here, especially under shared hosting?

There is a big problem with the word unlimited... Neither you know their limit nor they tell you your limit :(

I have already said, its hard to clear the facts unless you want to look at it from nutral point a view..

DreamHost / Hostgator

2 big names.. I have tried them for the blog... One good morning I awake and find my account suspended !! Why ?? I am told that I am using too much resource and although it is unlimited but it has fair use policy..

I dont mind paying USD 121 per month, as from a tech background I know to serve 20k unique, i need a very strong server along with dedicated ability.. but problem is, unless they specify it is their limit, as an end user how am I suppose to know when to pay more as what exactly is their limit ?? Is it 5k user or is it 10k user per day or rather how may GBs of bandwidth ??

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
One question, just for information...
Does it support Ruby on Rails, Django or Turbogears?
Ruby on Rail can be installed..... :)

and regarding Django or Turbogears, I can install them on request on VPS. But these are not available on shared hosting.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^ That's really unfortunate. Did you try taking some action against them?

You cant.. They are in US / UK.. so there is nothing you can do if they simply suspend you :sad:

If they would have been in india or a single personal managed hosting in india, I would have done a lot of things !!

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Holi Offer

10 GB space
100 GB bandwidth / Month
ALL unlimited Features
Rs. 1500/ year​

Offer Expires on 15 march, 2009

ahref

In the zone
@RChandan You should not compare others plan in anyone sales thread. There are thousands of host selling at different rates.

Disk space and bandwidth is not the only thing which determines the price.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I'm sorry, but I didn't quite intend to take the feud this far. Simply put, I feel your plans on offer are majorly overpriced compared to the competition, but yes, that's a strictly personal opinion. I'm taking my arguments back and I apologize for having started it.
If price bothers you so much, why are you here in this thread. We got many people here who are selling hosting for peanuts. go and dance in that thread. I am using his service for more than 12 months now and I know what I am paying for. If you feel its overpriced, well its worth.

RChandan

Broken In
[Edited Batty] Removed unnecessary flame and foul language

@Postauthor: You earned some infraction for this post. If I find you yearning for someone's family again Im gonna kick you outta this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Just to update you guys......

Holi Offer is only for new accounts, and it is one domain hosting.

RChandan

Broken In
^ Fair enough. But why no message for victor_rambo, wasn't his comments demeaning, especially when I had already issued an apology previously? Or has he bribed you to cover him up since you have banning abilities?

I say exercise your priviledges, just like all megalomaniacs do, should make you like a man, really.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^ Fair enough. But why no message for victor_rambo, wasn't his comments demeaning, especially when I had already issued an apology previously?

Forum rule states you cant argue a mod / admin... if you have a grudge please feel free to use PM to chat with him to clarify the matter...

RChandan said:
I say exercise your priviledges, just like all megalomaniacs do, should make you like a man, really.

He is a man since last couple of years, managing the forum quite well :) :)

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Ruby On Rails is installed and available on all shared and reseller web hosting plans.

RChandan

Broken In
"He is a man since last couple of years"

Lol.........Good one. (BTW, what was he before that?) ;)

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Server is secured from all major attacks like: php injection and sql injection, DDOS attacks etc. I have installed few mods related to security.

Also, Holi offer is going to Expire on 15th March 20089.

Last edited:

RChandan

Broken In
MOD EDIT

Warning, do not crap threads in this manner.

Last edited by a moderator: