whost.in - Fast, Reliable web Hosting - New Offers

Whats WHM ?

And by "as long as you are hosted" you mean that I can pay Rs. 1,400 each time I renew my plan ? Even if it means a few years from now ?

webcheetah

Right off the assembly line
Do you guys also deal in domain names ?? I am looking for a quote of renewing a domain name for 1/2/3 yrs.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
WHM -> web host manager

yes, renewal price will be fixed, i.e Rs. 1500/- per year
And the domain would be renewed too, right?
Is there any way that instead of getting a free domain; Can I transfer my existing domain and have that with the package? It's a co.in domain.
Also Ruby On Rails is also available on this. Right?

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Do you guys also deal in domain names ?? I am looking for a quote of renewing a domain name for 1/2/3 yrs.
yes, we deal in domains.
www.whost.in/domains
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
But I can still have unlimited subdomains. Right?

You will get unlimited sub-domains.
Posted again:
And the domain would be renewed too, right?
Is there any way that instead of getting a free domain; Can I transfer my existing domain and have that with the package? It's a co.in domain.
Also Ruby On Rails is also available on this. Right?
Yes, free domain name will be renewed free each year.

If you have your own domain name, I can offer you discount of Rs. 350/- more. Yes, domain can be transferred... or you can just change nameserver address of domain name.

Ruby on Rails is available.

You can get JAVA support with your package at extra cost, i.e Rs. 2000/- per year.

Last edited:
so which of these features are missing ?
*www.whost.in/hosting/business

except only 1 parked domain name ?
and for 1500 we also get free .com domain right ?

and are we allowed to share space with friends ? i.e, can I buy this and host both my and my friend's blogs there ?

PS: you based in which city ?

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
so which of these features are missing ?
*www.whost.in/hosting/business

except only 1 parked domain name ?
yes, offer plan is one domain hosting.
No. of parked domain name -> zero
No. of addon domain name -> zero

and for 1500 we also get free .com domain right ?
yes.. :)

and are we allowed to share space with friends ? i.e, can I buy this and host both my and my friend's blogs there ?
yes, you can... but offer package is only one domain hosting.

Also, you are not allowed to resell on shared accounts.

*www.whost.in/clients/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=3

PS: you based in which city ?

Delhi :)

^^Thanks for the info. And what about restrictions in CPU usage, etc ? What kind of sites can be hosted there ?

And yeah, weren't you based in Bangalore before ?

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
^^Thanks for the info. And what about restrictions in CPU usage, etc ?
Shared hosting accounts on the server cannot use more than 0.5% CPU or memory resources. Reseller hosting accounts on the server cannot use more than 2% CPU or memory resources. (Based on 24 hours average)

What kind of sites can be hosted there ?
please refer to point number 8 of our "Terms of services"
*www.whost.in/tos

And yeah, weren't you based in Bangalore before ?
Earlier I was in Agra (college time), now I am in my home town (Delhi). Doing hosting and web design business as full time with 3 other friends :)

By "what kind of sites can be hosted there" I did not ask about the TOS. I asked what TYPE of sites, for example, a VBulletin forum would be a big NO because 0.5% CPU usage is too less for it, etc. Would it be enough to run a Geeklog or Joomla installation which is slightly customised ?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Vbulletin can run on a shared hosting and other scripts also. it all depends on traffic your site is getting. unless you get serious traffic like this, Shared Platforum won't be a problem.

So if you are starting out, shared hosting is best option. later when your site gets popular you can move to dedi or vps platform.

OK. And btw, are you a customer of Ravi ? How is your site going ?

I had almost finalised the deal for the highest student webhosting plan from Sukhdeep Singh and was about to draw a DD for Rs. 1350 when I saw this plan which seems highly attractive. Will inability to use addon domain names ever be an issue ?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
OK. And btw, are you a customer of Ravi ? How is your site going ?

I had almost finalised the deal for the highest student webhosting plan from Sukhdeep Singh and was about to draw a DD for Rs. 1350 when I saw this plan which seems highly attractive. Will inability to use addon domain names ever be an issue ?
No, I am not a direct customer of Whost. And yes Service is reliable.

Regarding Addon domain,
If have a single site, than it won't be an issue. however its quite handy to have addon domains as you can host other sites as well.

btw,
what are you hosting?

Top Bottom