Who's BEST Internet Service Provide (ISP) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Here are screen captures of my download speeds in Netstat Live. They are KBytes/sec

MTNL Unlimited Conx using MTNL as ISP. The download peaked for a fraction of a sec to MByte download speeds !!!

*personal.vsnl.com/subman/MTNL

Hathway Cable Modem Conx.

*personal.vsnl.com/subman/Cable2

rockyj123

Broken In
dsl....

hi....i just called up vsnl dsl to enquire bout ne residence plan...:
1 time installation:6000rs/-(cable modem n witring stuff)
400mb d/w limit:994rs..
1gb d/w limit: 2000rs......

BTW BANDWIDTH IS 512KB.....

EVEN THEN ITS SO EXPENSIVE MAN...

G

Re: dsl....

rockyj123 said:
hi....i just called up vsnl dsl to enquire bout ne residence plan...:
1 time installation:6000rs/-(cable modem n witring stuff)
400mb d/w limit:994rs..
1gb d/w limit: 2000rs......

BTW BANDWIDTH IS 512KB.....

EVEN THEN ITS SO EXPENSIVE MAN...

Now lets see....

If sustained 512KB/S then in 33.33 minutes download 1 GB = Rs 2000 = account over. WAY TO GO - TA TA :D

G

My bad - I forgot for a moment that the speed should be 512Kbits/sec and not 512KBytes/sec which would mean you would get 8x33mins of use = about 4.5 hours of use for 2000/- now it sounds a wee bit better value for your money Ha HA !!! :D

OP
S

siddharth_menon

Broken In
Oh I have crossed 17~18Gb inc uploads too. So sify has inturn reduced my speed to 20Kbps from 40Kbps. Now i am good for nothing just surf for another 4 days till my ac exp & then renew my account & get back 256Kbps till i cross the limits of sify.

4 days to go without downloading MY GOD!!

G

siddharth

You have all my Sympathies - a man could go brain dead with no downloads for 4 days - you already feeling the withdrawal symptoms ?? :D

Hathway has always given me the same steady download speeds (see my post above with the netstat screen capture) but then I use a cable modem - I did not take the Sharing conx which is quite pathetic because of heavy traffic in my area.

OP
S

siddharth_menon

Broken In
itch thanx for Sympathies. Hey U should go back to the last page & learn about the concept of Share speed by SIFY. Its Bull S***, they actually don't follow these rules its simply depends on howmuch data-trans U have don't. I u exceed there expected rate then they will simply discourage U by reducing speed!!

rockyj123

Broken In
itch....

itch .... ur a rich man mann.....u have a hathway cable modem...i no it price has come down recently to 2999 rs frm 7000rs ....yet their unlimited plan is for 5000rs/mnth.....

G

Re: itch....

rockyj123 said:
itch .... ur a rich man mann.....u have a hathway cable modem...i no it price has come down recently to 2999 rs frm 7000rs ....yet their unlimited plan is for 5000rs/mnth.....

Rich !! ... WHO ?? .... ME ??? ....Ha HA !!.... you gotta be kidding - no one here is more broke than me. It was simple how I got the Hathway account - I used to have Rs 4 - 5000 phone bills with my VSNL conx so I explained to people at home how much money they would save supporting my Surfing habit by getting me a Hathway night account of 750/- (8pm to 8am 128kbp 3gb/month) as well as a MTNL unlimited account for 700/- ... so here I am... I got my conx when Hathway charged 6000/- for the modem in October 2003.

raj_amd

Right off the assembly line
siddharth_menon said:
Well we all use ISP :!: ,

Its time to sum up all the ISP & pick the best of all,
So share ur ISP benifits that it offers

:arrow: Eg:
-->Charges
-->Speed
-->Accesibility & so on

try to go for broadband network because it is more reliable i would prefer sify or some branded companies.

Apollyon

Broken In
hey itch, do hathway block any type of p2p sw??..cuz i was asking them abt their plans here in pune, n they have a residential plan...750 per month n 2500 installation charges...64kbps line n unlimited downloads...i wanna use ed2k n shareaza...also do they restrict speed or stuff like that if i download 24/7??

rockyj123

Broken In
hathway!

NO, they dnt block ne p2p s/ws, u can use ne s/w u want......ur residence plan is same as mine, 750rs(+60rs tax) n 2500rs installation,.........
1 more thing,,, its not 64k dedicated line.. its shared......... ull b very lucky if u get 64k dedicated,.......sumtimes i ve like 4 ppl on my lan, it sucks big time......but its ok now,since a week im the only one on my lan....
so cheers.......

sabman

Broken In
Rocky u mentioned about getting 25 kbps download speeds but now it has reduced can u tell me to how much ? what r thier charges for 128/256 kbps bandwidth unlimited downloads ? And can someone plz provide me with more info about Pacenet (about which i have been getting good reports) about thier charges n bandwidth (unlimited downloading only)......thanx

and oh yeah by the way Sify ppl r cheats ....i had a sify account (in navi mumbai vry much like mennon) ....they first said it was unlimited downlaoding n it was gr8 for 2 months ......then they said i cant dwonload for more than 2 gb .......then these smart f****** of sify cancelled the unlimited packages.....having paid 2500 for the deposit no one wld want to remove their connections .....but they recently reduced the prices to 600 bucks a month (unlimited downloading) but still for a 48 kbps shared connection.......n if any of u been to Sify Iway Cyber Cafe plz notice the different techniques they use to increase our browsing time .......there is no quick launch for IE (n u cant create one either ....obviouly have locked it ) .....so each time u have to minimise it to open a new page ....n u cant minimise it by juct clicking on that particular IE window in the taskbar (which obviouly makes it quicker)......n there r many more woes which r just too many to list ......I just hate them ......biggest cheaters!!

del_x

Broken In
My ISP pacenet-india.com

Heres my info:-
-----------------------------------------------------------
Provider:-Pacenet India.
Connection Type:-Cable
Speed:-7.5-9.0 Kilobytes/Sec constant throughout.
Limit:-Unlimited download @9PM To 9AM
Cost:-450/Month.

anusoni

Broken In
Altho i am in chandigarh i used lan first emmtel, then sify "Boradband" unlimited which gave me a download of max 5 Kb pers second and now has been down for eternity so i'd say lan connection I wouldn't reccomend as its pretty tough to mantain and has very much downtime ! i am going to switch to GPRS(Mobile internet) quite soon and do away with any physical wiring !!

del_x

Broken In
Re: pacent.......

rockyj123 said:
i hrd pacenet has a new plan.... 600rs for 150kbps dedicated ..... but 9pm - 9am.... :cry:

Wow thats cool i'm on the 75kbps 9-9 plan lemme check the new one.

anks

Right off the assembly line
1 MBPS CONNECTION HERE :) DOWNALD GOES LIKE 500-600 KB PER

NO ONE BELIVES ME POST A PIC :)*www.geocities.com/ankit_gates1982/untitled.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom