Who's BEST Internet Service Provide (ISP) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theraven

Technomancer
why dont u just go in for sify ?
or just check ur nearest cable wala
the prices are cheaper than sify !
but unfortunately u get only 64 kbps unlimited ...
and no 256
in 128 ull get limited downloads ..
well atleast thats what my cable wala does
right now this is the only option for ppl who dont have many broadband ISPs in their area ... give it a shot

OP
S

siddharth_menon

Broken In
akshayt I think the coustom of cable wala is more common & cheaper in Mumbai. If ur in Mumbai ur sure to get it!! I don't know much about other places...

OP
S

siddharth_menon

Broken In
For DIAL UP users

I hope U know MTNL has offered a plan inwhich U pay Just Rs500 for unlimited access to one ISP of ur choice. This was mentioned in May Digit ED too.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
i live in new delhi and the cost diff. for my useage b/w sify vs cable is very little,sify maybe cheaper at 4times pace

rockyj123

Broken In
hathway...

for hathway....go to hathway.com.....im nt sure if it rpovides its service all arnd mumbai.....andheri n all check pacenet....
well sify has stoped the unlimited plan is a long time....n thats for sure....dnt no y they havent updated their wesite.....

well my speeds have come down drastcally.......dnt ask how much....
im pngin 400-500 while playin mutli player games......i did complain but only reply i got is "Sir, urs is a shared connection n we dnt proised fixed bandwidth"....well wot cu d i say after tat.....i gues they have added more users to my lan......

theraven

Technomancer
lol
yeah been there ..
its no use arguin with these ppl !
no one is willing to provide service in this country

OP
S

siddharth_menon

Broken In
rockyj123 I am using SIFY broadband Unlimited account, ple go back to the page 2 of this topic I have also inc the new web link.

About the shared bandwith its all lies. See right now I am the only one in my NETWORK/ LAN. So no ques of sharing BANDWIDTH. Its just an EXCUSE, with unlimited the moment U cross 1GB~2GB the very next day they reduce the speed... Mine was 256Kbps at the begining and just the second day they reduced it to 80kbps then very next day 40kbps. Now its still 40Kbps exact, even tho I don't have anbody in my LAN. They have setup new... If u ask SIFY they will simply say more users!! but now I know the truth, they are simply tring to discourage us. The very next month when I renewed, I got my speed back...

OP
S

siddharth_menon

Broken In
Once upon a time even I used SIFY dialup & use to give me 45~49Kbps connection speed!!

If ur connection speed is way below the limit, then ple check ur phoneline for disturbance.....

wORm

Journeyman
Its just an EXCUSE, with unlimited the moment U cross 1GB~2GB the very next day they reduce the speed... Mine was 256Kbps at the begining and just the second day they reduced it to 80kbps then very next day 40kbps. Now its still 40Kbps exact, even tho I don't have anbody in my LAN. They have setup new... If u ask SIFY they will simply say more users!! but now I know the truth, they are simply tring to discourage us. The very next month when I renewed, I got my speed back...

siddharth_menon, if you have a 256kb connection with Sify, how can they reduce your speed to below 256kbps? If Sify can't handle unlimited accounts it should stop selling them.

If all this is true, isn't Sify is using unfair practices? Aren't they just taking your money and not rendering the service you've paid for?

Maybe you should consider signing up with a different ISP or atleast consider downgrading to a 64k account.

theraven

Technomancer
they are all the same
or worse
this is india
wont get quality service for another 8 yrs !
( why 3 ? india is 5 yrs behind everything . so since broadband is been a norm abroad for 2 yrs ... we should take another 3 yrs !)
PS .... figures are not accurate
:lol:

OP
S

siddharth_menon

Broken In
Well most of all Sify sell the UNLIMITED package with SHARED BANDWITH stamp & not any fixed speed. According to them the speed will depend upon how many users are using Unlimited accou at a time in a perticular group...

Well in this case the speed should vary but tats not the case. I get 40Kbps straight line graph al through out the day with little 1sec boost to 256~kbps in between..

rockyj123

Broken In
4 ppl on my lan........

i ve 4 ppl on my lan...dnt no whether its 128/4 or 64/4.........i can c them in my network places-> computers near me......
btw.,i can acces one those comps(no its not mine).........i can c his c:......

LOL........ 8) 8)

G

I have 3 accounts

VSNL

MTNL - unlimited 700/- Dial Up account (dont need any other ISP to connect)

Hathway 128 kbps 8to8 night and full Sunday account with cable modem and 3gb download limit. 750/- monthly.

The Hathway account gives me download speeds of 16 KBytes/sec minimum.

vswizard

Broken In
This is my DU Meter Weekly Report i have been using Sify 6hr/day pack and night sancharnet pack.. ( Both dialup )

From -------- To -------- Total -------- Dial-Up Time
3/1 -------- 3/7 -------- 645.80 MB -------- 2 day 15 hr
3/8 -------- 3/14 -------- 763.94 MB -------- 3 day 17 hr
3/15 -------- 3/21 -------- 1.21 GB -------- 4 day 2 hr
3/22 -------- 3/28 -------- 675.87 MB -------- 2 day 23 hr
3/29 -------- 4/4 -------- 775.97 MB -------- 4 day 9 hr
4/5 -------- 4/11 -------- 764.68 MB -------- 4 day 7 hr
4/12 -------- 4/18 -------- 727.24 MB -------- 4 day 12 hr
4/19 -------- 4/25 -------- 519.67 MB -------- 4 day 12 hr
4/26 -------- 5/2 -------- 974.75 MB -------- 5 day 2 hr
5/3 -------- 5/9 -------- 615.58 MB -------- 4 day 16 hr
5/10 -------- 5/16 -------- 823.65 MB -------- 4 day 4 hr