WHOA 8800 GT (G92) Review!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
hey guys... today NVIDIA is officially launching 8800 GT in a few hours time...
29 october as scheduled...

i was just surfing when i came across something...

You wont believe.. an 8800 GT review!!

And know what, the model is better in performance than 8800 GTS 640 MB and is really close to 8800 GTX

with stream processors accounting a total of 112...huge bang for the buck...
the GTX has just 16 more: 128 SPs....:rolleyes:

the clock speed @ stock is higher that (GTX which has 575 Mhz) @ 600 Mhz
And it comes in 256 MB and 512 MB versions with 900 Mhz GDDR3, that will be effectively 1800 Mhz....HUGE:D

PLUS it has full hardwrae h.264 acceleration....

CPU utilisation is 1.3 % with this card but 99 % with GTX...lol... and that too with a celeron CPU..:p
and personally i never liked 320 and 640 mb cards... felt kinda odd in a world of 128-256-512-1024 lol>>>>>

Anyways you guys desperately want the source .... and benchmark results...

preferred to keep at last so at least u read my whole post:D

Read here: *www.vr-zone.com/articles/Nvidia_Geforce_8800GT_Review/5369.html

and here: *forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=197629

regards
bikalp

OP
bikdel

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
^^^ well i wrote this p[ost 1.5 hrs ago and happen to mention a review done on 23rd october... :)...

anywyas thanx for the information!!!

OP
bikdel

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
^^^... knew it..

and perhaps now is the right time to buy a grafix card.... or perhaps a maximum of 2 months later with 9 series choices easily available...

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
@bikdel
pardon my ignorance about the sub. but plz explian how do 3D cards with dedicated h.264/VC1 "full hardware acceleration" compare with 3D cards w/o.

could this be under 16K?

Last edited:
OP
bikdel

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
^^ over heating?? nah... dont think so because the fabrication technology has changes.....

also power requiremnets have reduced so i dont think it will overheat, though more on this topic will need a sample :)

under performing?? for get it...

its the best performing card after 8800 GTX ... basically beacuse of the new core....

Excellenmt value for money!!!

i simply dont understand why they could not release it under Geforce 9 series...

first time has this happened in NVIDIA s history... newer card under older name... :p

ALSo the VC1 decoding will help to free the CPU from such tasks and you can easily view that content without having any glitches even on a slow CPU...

to sum up, its a good addition!!.. :)

Last edited:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^he meant the card(8800gt) is still not performing to its highest level cos of not so up to date drivers.The performance will see a boost with upcoming drivers.

avikchaks

Ex-KGB
Hmm

I think the drivers ka 'jhuta dilasa' will be very much needed by the 8800GTS320 folks exp the ones who bought it 1-2 weeks ago .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom