Who still has Digit June 2002 Gamestation CD? I have a request

blackpearl

The Devil
Hello,

I'm looking for a small game that was given on Digit June 2002 anniversary issue on the Gamestation CD. Unfortunately, I have lost the CD so I came looking for here.

I forgot the name of the game - it was something "crime" or so. The game is this: you assume the role of a thief and go around robbing houses, villas and banks on a turn-by-turn basis board game. You have to compete with other thieves and there is police in your tail. It was fun.

I suddenly had an irresistible urge to play the game. Can somebody please tell me the name of the game, or upload the installer somewhere? It should just a few MBs.

Thanks

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@blackpearl: u can download the game from net....as for the forgotton name...searching in digit archive may help coz its a database of older issues....
last option wud getting the name of the game from digit members(who r actually working in Digit)....

OP
blackpearl

blackpearl

The Devil
Are you sure the database cover as early as 2002? I will take a look.

If only I can find somebody who has this CD...

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Hello,

I'm looking for a small game that was given on Digit June 2002 anniversary issue on the Gamestation CD. Unfortunately, I have lost the CD so I came looking for here.

I forgot the name of the game - it was something "crime" or so. The game is this: you assume the role of a thief and go around robbing houses, villas and banks on a turn-by-turn basis board game. You have to compete with other thieves and there is police in your tail. It was fun.

I suddenly had an irresistible urge to play the game. Can somebody please tell me the name of the game, or upload the installer somewhere? It should just a few MBs.

Thanks

Was it a top-down, scoller, etc. What format was it... also give us more details about the gameplay and we'll help you find it. We don't have archives older than 2005 :(

OP
blackpearl

blackpearl

The Devil
It was a board game, something like monopoly is. You can play against the computer or other players.

You role a virtual dice and proceed along the squares. When you land up in a house, you attempt to break into it using tools you have at your disposal - torch, glass cutter and even dynamite - which you have to buy from a store using cash you've already stolen.

Each tool has merits and demerits. For example, torch helps you find more valuable but increases the risk of getting caught (suspicious light in the darkness). Glass cutter helps you get into a house silently whereas dynamite helps you blow a bank locker and so on.

If you are successful you carry off the cash, if you are not and the house owner raises an alarm the police gets on your tail. You have to avoid getting caught by keeping ahead of the police in the board - think Ludo, where you try to remain ahead of the other players in the squares. You can also attempt to disguise yourself.

If you get caught you spend several "rounds" in the jail. You can try to escape from the jail too. And when in jail you can learn new tricks of the trade from fellow prisoners.
As the game progresses you gain experience and subsequent break-ins are more successful.

There are other fun elements like you can buy calling card from the store, call the police and give away other players.

Visually, the game was un-appealing but it was fun to play.

FOUND IT!!

It's called Criminal tango

Criminal Tango 3.01 - FREE Download Criminal Tango - A board/dice game for 1-6 players

Sorry for bothering you Raaabo :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom