Who is using my wifi connection?

pranav.seth

Journeyman
hi guys,
i have a mtnl wifi connection and recently it has been very slow (and most of you would have noticed that according to my isp, my passcode for wep settings would be lame!!) .... i noticed that some people have shifted in next to me, and due to my isp's "ADVICE" i should not change the password (they had told me that earlier while i messed up something while exploring the modem and i gave that excuse). So now i need to know a software which runs of win 7 64 bit, and can monitor which mac address is using my wifi connection, what is he surfing (i dont have an unlimited connection and if he is torrenting then i am gone for good!! i am not voyeuristic) so that i can try to get it blocked fast!!!!
please help me out fast
Thanks in advance

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Your router might have this feature built in. It'll will show the clients MAC Add and its PC Name.
Considering that people tend to use their own name as their PC name, you might be able to identify the guy.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
WEP can be easily hacked.

Switch to WPA/WPA2.

and due to my isp's "ADVICE" i should not change the password
According to my advice, you should not listen to your ISP's advice.

So now i need to know a software which runs of win 7 64 bit, and can monitor which mac address is using my wifi connection, what is he surfing (i dont have an unlimited connection and if he is torrenting then i am gone for good!! i am not voyeuristic) so that i can try to get it blocked fast!!!!
Like Ishu.Gupta said, go to your Wifi router's settings page: *192.168.1.1/ and see the MAC address from there. Then block it.

OP
P

pranav.seth

Journeyman
i dont want to listen to the isp's advice.........my modem has a new interface, which is quite different from the old one......please could u tell me any software? i have to do my homework so i cant shut the internet

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
i dont want to listen to the isp's advice.........my modem has a new interface, which is quite different from the old one......please could u tell me any software? i have to do my homework so i cant shut the internet
But it won't shut your internet.

OP
P

pranav.seth

Journeyman
no, i mean to say that while we are discussing all this, maybe, he is doing something extensive over my internet!!!

Top Bottom