~={ Who can give answers of my 2 Questions }=~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Guys!

I was just googling and found some Old Versions site. Where I saw many old versions for various softwares.
It forced me to think something and thats why I started this thread!
So pls answer my 2 questions:

1.) Is there ne version of WinRAR, which is totally FREE?, i.e., Was WinRAR shareware since its begining or was there ne version totally FREE ?

2.) The current version or recent versions of iTunes r very heavy on resources and start after taking a lot time. I use iTunes only for converting MP3, Wav files into AAC format. So is there ne iTunes version which is very light on resources and has the capability to convert into AAC format?

thnx in advance!

T

thunderbird.117

Vishal Gupta said:
Guys!

I was just googling and found some Old Versions site. Where I saw many old versions for various softwares.
It forced me to think something and thats why I started this thread!
So pls answer my 2 questions:

1.) Is there ne version of WinRAR, which is totally FREE?, i.e., Was WinRAR shareware since its begining or was there ne version totally FREE ?
Winrar is not free at all. Use 7z it is pretty good and it Open source, There is no problem with 7z

2.) The current version or recent versions of iTunes r very heavy on resources and start after taking a lot time. I use iTunes only for converting MP3, Wav files into AAC format. So is there ne iTunes version which is very light on resources and has the capability to convert into AAC format?

Read :- *www.apple.com/itunes/music/ or use some coverters,

thnx in advance!

And what does ne stands for?

sakumar79

Technomancer
ne => any

AFAIK, WinRAR was always a shareware software... 7z is fine for unrarring, but creating RAR files requires WinRAR...

Unable to help you with iTunes, but perhaps you can try another software such as dbPowerAmp...

Arun

sakumar79

Technomancer
WinRAR is shareware. Shareware means that the product is to be purchased for using legally, put you can download a trial version to check it out first. Usually, shareware software come with a limited time usage (1 month trial, can be tried for 10 times, etc)... WinRAR trial can be used indefinitely if I remember correctly but after some time, it will pop up a message asking you to purchase whenever you open it. In this sense, it can be called a Nagware (it nags you to purchase the software).

Arun

mukul

Journeyman
why dont u use any other software for conversion....
check these out....
1.Dbpower AMP... u will need AAC plugin too
link:
shareware: *www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm
it was a freeware once ... till its v10
check for it if u want a freeware...

2.all convertor
shareware: *www.allconverter.com/

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
shareware with time period of over one month are not sharewares for me as my xp gets infected with virus every now then so i format it every month.i am furstated by this installed ubuntu so no viruses anymore

bikram_singhy

Broken In
Itunes was orignally for MAC... as its of APPLE....

the version 4.9 started to b for Windows too.....

U can find this Itunes with ur friends having IPOD... as it was shipped with it, current version is 6.2 around 35 MB, version 4.9 used to be around 18-19 mb.

and what ever is current requirs more power from ur PC.. :(

Check out OLD digit CDs u might get one there too...

thanx

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
The first version of iTunes for Windows was 4.1 and u can d/l it and other old versions from here:

*www.oldapps.com/itunes.htm

PS: I d/l ed iTunes 4.1 and installed it but found no BIG difference in 4.1 and current version except some GUI changes. I'll continue using latest version. :)

Najesh

Broken In
pathiks said:
@vishal u can use
dbpoweramp, xilisoft for conversion also

But i have installed dbpowerAMp ,it did not have any option 2 convert it to aac.
it had options 2 convert 2 wave,flac,windows media audio but not aac,if som thing extra is required for examplt plugins,can u tell ne where will i get it.

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
u also need to d/l aac codecs for this.

*www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-mp4.htm

PS: I tried dBPwerAMP but it didnt give me the perfect result in converting aac, as iTunes gives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom