White patch at the bottom of monitor

NeedToKnow

Journeyman
Hello Guys ,

Recently I am seeing a white patch at the bottom of my monitor , in place of the task bar . The screenshots are ok , so i guess its a problem with the monitor ( Samsung B2030 model , bought it around 2008 ) , can this be rectified ? IMG_20170118_200352.jpg
IMG_20170118_200432.jpg

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I would suggest you borrow a friend's monitor and try that instead of this in order to eliminate the possibility that it is indeed your monitor.

You should also try resizing your task bar to see if it becomes visible beyond the white area.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Attachment is not working. Can you reupload?

Pro tip: Try uploading images to imgur and post the link here.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Try changing the cable
If problem still persists then monitor is at fault

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

OP
NeedToKnow

NeedToKnow

Journeyman
IMG_20170120_200645.jpg
Don't have any spare dvid cable . As a work around I unplugged the video cable .I think it more or less serves the same objective.

OP
NeedToKnow

NeedToKnow

Journeyman
Is getting a new monitor the best way to solve this problem? Anyone who faced such situation before? Is it worth while to even try for a repair?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You could have some technician take a look at it. If it's gone for good then you can consider buying a new one.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Is getting a new monitor the best way to solve this problem? Anyone who faced such situation before? Is it worth while to even try for a repair?
For changing a 2008 LCD screen, the technician will charge 2k (new LCD Screen) + 1k (as repair charges). This I know because I used to have a 2008 viewsonic monitor where it's screen replacement needs to be changed and the technician asked the above charges.

Instead I sold the monitor to the technician and bought a new Dell monitor which is working perfectly since 5 years.

Now thinking of getting a new bezel less monitor.
Like LG 22MP68VQP 22" LED IPS @ 8.65k from infibeam.com

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

OP
NeedToKnow

NeedToKnow

Journeyman
You could have some technician take a look at it. If it's gone for good then you can consider buying a new one.

duly noted , i will get in contact with a tech. , but something tells me i would have to go go for a new one(read gut feeling)
In such a senario , what should be my options ?
below is the duly filled Questionnaire
1. Budget?- 8500-12000 inr
2. Display type and size? size between 20-24" / cant say about display type but it should be fhd
3. Primary use of Tv/monitor?- monitor
4. Ports Required?- dvi , hdmi , vga(optional)
5. Preferred choice of brand? - any brand the provides 3 yrs warranty and has GOOD after sales service in kolkata , and provides good color balance .
6. Any TV/monitor in consideration? - Dell S2216H 21.5-Inch Full HD LED Monitor,BenQ GW2255HM - mostly open to suggestions
7. Any other info that you want to share. - Would really prefer a monitor with a very good quality panel that is least stressful to the eye( within the budget)

OP
NeedToKnow

NeedToKnow

Journeyman
May i know if that issue happened suddenly or happened over time slowly?
first it was just a thin dotted line just about 5 mm above the taskbar that appeared randomly when the pc was starting ... used to go away after about 30 mins usage . Then after few days it decided to stay , and now it has brought along its big brother the ugly white patch to stay with it :duh2::duh2::duh2:

Top Bottom