while installing win xp show error msg...pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sghosh15

Broken In
My frined just bought a new system with intel 945GCNL motherboard, 1.8 dual core intel cpu, 512 mb ddr2 ram, seagate ST3160215AS 160 gb hdd (probably sata II). The bios detected the hdd, also I did 4 ntfs partitions using seagate disk wizard. Now when I want to install win xp, using xp bootable cd after loading drivers it was showing folowing error mesg with blue screen:

"A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to your coputer. If this is the fist time you have seen this stop error screen, restar your computer. If this screen appears againg folow theses steps:
Check to be sure you have adquete disk space. If a driver is identifie in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer driver update. Try changing video adapters.
Check your hardware vandor for any BIOS updates. Display BIOS memory options such as cashing and shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer press F8 to select advanced starup options, then select safe mode."

No I absolutely clueless. This is new mother so I why do I go for bios update. Does it requiere any additional driver for the hdd?? Pls help me.

Thanks

Sghosh

kranti

Broken In
I had also the same problem. Problem is with partitioning. I deleted all the partitions, re-partitioned the the disk again and formated the partitions. It worked. I used Norton Partion Magic.

OP
S

sghosh15

Broken In
How did u used norton partition magic. Is this works at dos using bootable cd or flopply, How do I get this? Pls help

spitfire

Gizmo Freak !
U r using a non sp2 installation cd right ??????????
If yes then u need a sp2 integrated Win XP installation CD.

Get one or make one using nLite slipestreaming and then try out.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
I presume you are loading the SATA drivers during installation of XP using the driver disk provided with motherboard.

Try creating a partition thru XP Install option and continue with installation.
If it's thru and XP loads, then go to Control Panel -->Admin tools--> Disk Mgmt and decide further logical, primary partitions & formatting etc

OP
S

sghosh15

Broken In
Yes I have used sp2 integrated xp cd, which I have made from the instruction given by u. Now it works. Thanks a lot guys..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom