Status
Not open for further replies.

vraja4u

Broken In
hey,
just tell me, where to go ? my 2 ways are
1) 2 gb of ddr 400 mhz
2)1 gb of ddr2 533 mhz
as i already said my mode of transport is multimedia work like (maya,combustion,photoshop,flash).just help me ...........

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Take the ddr400 2GB option. DDR2 has a bit of higher speed but is compensated by its higher latencies. And 2GB shud help u out in grafx.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hcp006sl said:
Good suggestion.
If you are not satisfied with DDR, try RD. If your mainboard supports.

i dont suggest going for RD RAM .. it is hardly available in India and the price is just too steep. Go for DDR 400 Mhz 2 gb , it will be more than sufficient for graphics intensive work.

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
These chips are the next generation of DDR SDRAM memory. They are mounted on 240-pin DIMM modules, can operate at higher bus speeds and have a capacity to hold 256 Mb to 2 GB of memory. DDR2 has twice the latency of DDR but delivers data at twice the speed of DDR, theoretically performing at the same level. But it'll cost lot more. I think its always better to go for more amount of marginally slower memory rather than faster but less memory. For graphic intensive applications my vote goes to 2GB DDR @ 400MHz.

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Moreover DDR2 compatible mobo will be quiet a bit costlier than a DDR compatible mobo. Add to this the higher cost of DDR2 and it will escalate the overall cost of your rig.

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Cant even get a module in the neighborhood for RD. My buddy was stuck with 2X256MB RDRAM module. One went BOOM, so instead of wasting time and money for RDRAM, he got a new AMD mobo/CPU combo. So much for as good as dead RDRAM. I think he's not alone in this boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom