Which web hosting service to use ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Lee

Broken In
Hi guyz,

I need your help once again.

I am looking for web-hosting services.

I googled only to get innumerable companies with innumerable offers.

I would like to know any Mumbai based company(whose office I can visit personally) which offers good service.I don't want to be carried away by the claims of companies such as 100% uptime guaranteed,free domain,GBs of disk space,excellent anti-virus/spam guard,etc.

A word-of-mouth from a person who has personal experiences with any company would be most useful.

(web hosting companies/agents plz excuse)

Thank you all for bothering to read this post.
Bye,take care!

arnab2kool

On the net
Adam Lee said:
Hi guyz,

I need your help once again.

I am looking for web-hosting services.

I googled only to get innumerable companies with innumerable offers.

I would like to know any Mumbai based company(whose office I can visit personally) which offers good service.I don't want to be carried away by the claims of companies such as 100% uptime guaranteed,free domain,GBs of disk space,excellent anti-virus/spam guard,etc.

A word-of-mouth from a person who has personal experiences with any company would be most useful.

(web hosting companies/agents plz excuse)

Thank you all for bothering to read this post.
Bye,take care!

REDIFF. check that.

Thank you.

Sourabh

Laptoping
You don't need to see anyone personally. What are your needs for web hosting? Just specify your requirements with respect to storage space, bandwidth consumption, dedicated/shared hosting and your approx. budget.

It doesn't matter where the server is located or who gives you assurance in-person. I agree there are many dubious plans from many webhosts, but there are equally good number of genuine ones too.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Sourabh said:
You don't need to see anyone personally. What are your needs for web hosting? Just specify your requirements with respect to storage space, bandwidth consumption, dedicated/shared hosting and your approx. budget.

It doesn't matter where the server is located or who gives you assurance in-person. I agree there are many dubious plans from many webhosts, but there are equally good number of genuine ones too.

Agree :) Almost no webhosting companies in India have servers in India to be honest

OP
A

Adam Lee

Broken In
@ Arnab,Saurabh & Sukdheep,Thank you all for the response.

My requirement is plain web-pages.
No java/database/asp/flash/other heavy animations!
Its basically for a small time coaching class.

The pages will just contain HTML pages with links and images.
Web space requirement would not exceed 50 MB at this stage!
Budget:upto 4000/year
Also plz tell me whether to go for Windows or linux based web hosting.I have never used Linux OS.

The only reason I wanted to meet somebody in person because I am worried about paying by credit cards.

Thank you!

satyamy

Alive Again...
Adam Lee said:

My requirement is plain web-pages.
No java/database/asp/flash/other heavy animations!
Its basically for a small time coaching class.

The pages will just contain HTML pages with links and images.
Web space requirement would not exceed 50 MB at this stage!
Budget:upto 4000/year
Also plz tell me whether to go for Windows or linux based web hosting.I have never used Linux OS.

The only reason I wanted to meet somebody in person because I am worried about paying by credit cards.

Thank you!

Definately you can get a good hosting at this budget
& You dont need to have knowledge of windows / linux for its hosting :D
you will just get a (FTP) Cpanel / Direct Admin Access
& you can use it from any machine & OS you want

The Windows or Linux hosting means the hosting server will be using Windows or Linux as their OS

I think using Paypal is a Secure Transaction

Their are some good members in this forum who can provide you a very good hosting :)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I have never used Linux OS.

U dont have to... :p as with Hosting you wont use the OS rather u would use the control panel, and world best and easiest control panels are available on Linux Platforum...

I would suggest Linux hosting as it will come with CPanel, one of the best and easiest and one of the most power full web control panel... !!!

Anyway personally i have used few hosting provider, and only one so far gave practicallly 100% up time in 9 months... thats mailnspace.com...

now few member here at Digit forum too runs hosting service, they too dont provide bad service !!! you can think of them too... !!

Pathik

Google Bot
Try Dreamhost or Hostgator...
Closer to home u can try to contact Sukhdeep or tuxfan or ahref...

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Adam Lee said:

Thank you!

1. You dont need to know Linux. Most of the servers on the planet run on linux because Linux servers are stable and most Web Hosting Control Panels like cPanel, DirectAdmin, Plesk etc are available for Linux. Windows servers are usually used when people want ASP

To have a look how you can manage your site, Check out the Control Panel Demo at our website - www.host4cheap.org. You can also have a look of few tutorials at www.host4cheap.org/tutorials.php

2. You dont need to worry about Credit Cards. Most Webhosts will accept Paypal. Paypal is basically an Online Bank. You give your details to Paypal, Paypal will receive money from you and forward the money to seller without you ever giving your details to Seller.

More on Paypal : *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal

OP
A

Adam Lee

Broken In
satyamy said:
Definately you can get a good hosting at this budget
& You dont need to have knowledge of windows / linux for its hosting :D
you will just get a (FTP) Cpanel / Direct Admin Access
& you can use it from any machine & OS you want

The Windows or Linux hosting means the hosting server will be using Windows or Linux as their OS

I think using Paypal is a Secure Transaction

Their are some good members in this forum who can provide you a very good hosting :)

Thank you for the tips.I am feeling more confortable now after the Linux and payment problems!

Choto Cheeta said:
U dont have to... :p as with Hosting you wont use the OS rather u would use the control panel, and world best and easiest control panels are available on Linux Platforum...

I would suggest Linux hosting as it will come with CPanel, one of the best and easiest and one of the most power full web control panel... !!!

Anyway personally i have used few hosting provider, and only one so far gave practicallly 100% up time in 9 months... thats mailnspace.com...

now few member here at Digit forum too runs hosting service, they too dont provide bad service !!! you can think of them too... !!

Thank you for the referral.I will surely consider using mailnspace.com

pathiks said:
Try Dreamhost or Hostgator...
Closer to home u can try to contact Sukhdeep or tuxfan or ahref...

Thats nice info! Known n trusted people :)

sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
1. You dont need to know Linux. Most of the servers on the planet run on linux because Linux servers are stable and most Web Hosting Control Panels like cPanel, DirectAdmin, Plesk etc are available for Linux. Windows servers are usually used when people want ASP

To have a look how you can manage your site, Check out the Control Panel Demo at our website - www.host4cheap.org. You can also have a look of few tutorials at www.host4cheap.org/tutorials.php

2. You dont need to worry about Credit Cards. Most Webhosts will accept Paypal. Paypal is basically an Online Bank. You give your details to Paypal, Paypal will receive money from you and forward the money to seller without you ever giving your details to Seller.

More on Paypal : *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal

Thank you!I was worried about the Linux/payment mode.Hearing good about from you has releived my tension.Thank you once again Sukhdeep!

it_waaznt_me said:
You may also have a look here .

Thank you for the new spot.Been there & thinkking abt it! :D

Last edited:

anandk

Distinguished Member
net4domain promises a lot, but asks u to pay if ur bandwidth usage increases.
what ever u do, get it in writing/email just my personal experience..

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Since ur site is going contain only HTML, it doesn't matter whether u use linux/windows hosting. Linux hosting will b good coz its cheap. Else you can go for many FreeHosts available on the net. ;) ahref, don't quote the Gurudwara joke again! :p :D

ahref

In the zone
The Unknown said:
Since ur site is going contain only HTML, it doesn't matter whether u use linux/windows hosting. Linux hosting will b good coz its cheap. Else you can go for many FreeHosts available on the net. ;) ahref, don't quote the Gurudwara joke again! :p :D

You are the biggest advocate of free things. How the world will survive if everyone go for free things.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Mailnspace rox...more so with their new budget plans...
tuxfan(ashish) will help you anytime if you have any problem..
I have used it personally myself and never experienced any problem whatsoever...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom