Which was your first mobile phone?

noob

Cyborg Agent
SE K700i.. chosen it over Nokia 6600

Was not app fanatic. Requirement was AWESOME camera and MUSIC.

also sacrificed SD card slot for that :) idea was to listen few good quality songs instead of mono sound on 6600

Next was SE K790i and now Galaxy S

all devices having Awesome Sound Quality :) Music Junkie :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i used my mom's nokia 2700 but first mobile i owned: Motorola ROKR E6e. brought for 9500.

memories? ran turbo C++ in it & compiled programs also. tried installing IE (ver5 maybe) but failed. even installed terminal. overclocked the processor also. still works.

MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!
i used my mom's nokia 2700 but first mobile i owned: Motorola ROKR E6e. brought for 9500.

memories? ran turbo C++ in it & compiled programs also. tried installing IE (ver5 maybe) but failed. even installed terminal. overclocked the processor also. still works.

ROKR's OS is based on Linux???

Rockstar11

Technomancer
SE K700i.. chosen it over Nokia 6600

Was not app fanatic. Requirement was AWESOME camera and MUSIC.

also sacrificed SD card slot for that :) idea was to listen few good quality songs instead of mono sound on 6600

Next was SE K790i and now Galaxy S

all devices having Awesome Sound Quality :) Music Junkie :)

my first mobile phone was.

Motorola E398.. chosen it over Nokia 6600

*img.ps2netdrivers.net/img/9d/motorola.e398/small.jpg

Requirement was AWESOME 3D Stereo Sound Speakes with Bass. :cool:
Dual 16mm 22Khz built in stereo speakers with sub-woofer like vibrating bass. :D

Extra Features-

Rhythm Lights- Instead of the traditional LED, this phone has rhythm lights, on both sides. These lights light up whenever someone is calling or messaging, when Bluetooth is on (lights turn blue) and when the phone is being charged.

saurabhpatel

Journeyman
Has been a short but exciting journey with my phones. Loved MotoROKR E6 the most. It was ages ahead of its time with Linux and the maddability that it brought along.
Started with a LG KG300, which slipped out of my pocket
*www.cyberindian.net/wp-content/uploads/lg-dynamite-300.jpg

Then Got MotoRKR E5 after being recommended by people here on this forum. Unfortunately was stolen in the bus.
*www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2007/07/16/Motorokr_narrowweb__300x644,0.jpg

Used LG B2070 in the interim period
*www.cellfservices.com/store/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/l/g/lg-b2070.jpg

Then again after Forum's recommendations got Nokia 5320
*st2.gsmarena.com/vv/pics/nokia/nokia-5320-01.jpg

Broke it and got LG GM200
*www.unwiredview.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/lg-gm200.jpg

After being irritated by the dumbness of the phone finally got my current handset Nokia 5230
*www.unwiredview.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Nokia-5230-white.jpg

OP
M

martincrow

Broken In
My first phone was a Nokia 3310(Blue) :D
*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/31/Nokia_3310_blue.jpg/150px-Nokia_3310_blue.jpg

And then followed Nokia 1100 >> 6600 >> N70 ME >> Motorokr E6 >> Galaxy Spica >> HTC Desire(Current) :D

I think we have got the same pattern in choosing phones, my 1st was 3310>6600>N-70-1>Samsung S5200, so there are lots of similarities in our choice.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
My first phone was Motorola C300... (October 2003) It was an awesome phone of its day. Small, round silver handset. Super loud ringtone, great alarm. Screen backlight could change colors. I think it was one of the best phones Motorola had ever made...

*st2.gsmarena.com/vv/bigpic/moc300.gif

After using my beautiful Moto C300 for a year, I exchanged it for a second hand Nokia N-Gaga QD...

*www.theregister.co.uk/2004/04/14/nokia_ngage_qd.jpg

It was great for games, good for music, bluetooth internet tethering in those days... but couldn't keep that expensive phone in the hostel where I lived. I needed a smaller, more portable phone...

So got myself a new, sleak Samsung C100.

*images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/samsung-SGH-C100.jpg

I had great memories with that phone... Really loved it... Used it to the max...

ujjwal321

Journeyman
Mine was Samsung R220 way back in 2002. It had a blue display, WAP, and a funny antenna too. It was still working in 2011 February when I had to exchange it for a newer phone as there was no charger available in the market.

Looks like I am the only one whose first phone was a Samsung before they became big in India!

that was my first phone too.. but mine did not have antennae... it had an awesome answering machine feature.... i have not found a single phone with that feature.. i got it from my uncle who had bought nokia 3230.. lost that phone after a year..
after that..
nokia 3210, motorola v3> t mobile wings > nokia 5310 > SE k800i > SE w910i > motorola zn5 > nokia n95 > samsung wave > samsung galaxy spica > galaxy S

andro

Broken In
Nice Thread !!
Mine first was SONY J7.
Awesome phone for its time,costed 11K at that time (price considered to be a bomb for cellphone those days).

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
*i.min.us/jbealw.jpg

nice thread

didnt evan have snake. the next one was the legendary nokia 1100. Still liek that phone, it had a bug in snake that let you score unlimited points if you could just switch between modes when your snake ate itself

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
*www.mobilephone.co.in/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Nokia-2600-Specifications.jpg

Nokia 2600 Classic.
This is my first phone and I am currently using it. I mother was using this from sometime(dunno, about 1.5-2yrs), and I got this last year. This is a very bad phone for me. Only 12MB memory, typing is very hard, hangs often. I am changing it, but I loved this phone when I got it(after all its my first phone ;) )

Top Bottom