death_guild

Right off the assembly line
hey
I got dual core 2.66ghz 550mhz
intel dg 945 motherboard 1066fsb
xfx 8800 extreme edition
600wtts power supply
2gb ram 800mhz

i wanted 2 know what can be upgraded 1st meaning as in mother board or processor.
i am low on budget and was thinking of which upgrade should be done 1st.as i want 2 play gta 4 and i am a gaming freak.so please recommend me what should be upgraded 1st?i was thinking of Abit ip35-e or Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI.so i need 1333fsb mother board.so help me out please here...:mad:

amitash

Intel OCer
^If you want to play games then upgrade your graphics card to a 4850...you wont get a huge performance boost with a new mobo.

OP
D

death_guild

Right off the assembly line
u want me 2 upgrade my graphic card..hello i think the max recomended graphic card for gta4 currently is 8600 gt...and i got a 8800 xtreme edition..my problem is not my graphic card..my problem is the motherboard or the processor which i want to upgrade.so if i want to upgrade mother board then my processor will be the same..and if i want to upgrade my processor then it would run low since my max fsb of motherboard is 1066.and the processor which i will buy would hav 1333fsb..so would there be harm if i upgrade it to 1333fsb processor which would run on my 1066fsb?

acewin

Point Blanc
yop gfx card change will be waste for you.
You can change mobo. But you did not mention which Proccy you get there. See in a higher FSB mobo you can always put lower FSB proccy and all, but not the otherway round.
You can buy P35 or P45 series mobo as per your money limits which would be a great enhancement, also you can addin another stick of RAM. to make the total 4GB but then you will need a 64-bit OS.

fuzzz

Broken In
i dont really see get why you would recommend an upgarde of Gfx card amitash.. i mean seeing as how 8800gt is more that capable to taking care of the gaming needs (med-high) for some time to come

basically the problem is that the mobo in possesion which btw is 965 not 945 run at a max fsb of 1066 . the proceessor installed is a dual core 2.66 running at 533mhz
all the new proccesors come with an fsb of 1333 atleast the good ones do

now my recomendation to you would be to get a new motherboard for now. yes there will be no performance increase .
then get a new proccy . with a new proccy installed the performance increase will be quite good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom