Which upcoming games are you most excited for?

gameranand

Living to Play
Huh, no. As bippukt has mentioned, R2:TW has more awesome and deeper gameplay and battles. AC4 is based around the aspect that justified AC3 as a game, so it is reason to be excited for.

Even if X turns out to be a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles, It will be the sequel to the greatest RPG ever by one of the best game studios in the world, directed by the an awesome game director, scored by the best Anime composer, with executive production by Tetsuya Takahashi, one of the best producers in the world. It is being published by nintendo so I don't think it will be dumbed down/rushed for mass market appeal. That gives me plenty of reason to be excited.

Thinking that Tales of Xilla is a sequel would be like thinking that FFXIII is a sequel to FFXII. Every Tales of game is set in its one timeline with little to nothing to do with the other tales of games.

For me excitement means that I don't know what to expect or know only some part of it. In most prequels and sequels you can predict everything except some exceptional games this year like Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider Reboot.

OP
H

heidi2521

Padawan
Excitement:

Noun
(uncountable) the state of being excited (emotionally aroused).

Excited:

Adjective
Having great enthusiasm.

I guess your definition of 'excitement' and the general consensus differs on what it means :p
I find it possible to be excited for sequels and prequels due to the fact that we have some idea of what to expect and a greater chance that the game will be awesome.

bippukt

In the zone
For me excitement means that I don't know what to expect or know only some part of it. In most prequels and sequels you can predict everything except some exceptional games this year like Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider Reboot.

Excitement doesn't mean that :p

What you mean to say is that what excites you is not knowing what to expect, and that is a perfectly valid thing. Even I find that the unknown excites the most. That is why AoE was so exciting. Or Doom. Or Rome Total War. Or why Assassin's Creed III just didn't make me want to play it, whereas I played the original AC like a madman (imagine near 100% humidity with 40+ degrees temperatures, and just the fan to keep me company).

To be honest, though, with strategy games it is hard to get the unexpected. They are all, in the end, Explore -> Exploit -> Expand -> Exterminate.

darkv0id

Journeyman
I know it sounds a bit stupid. I was only trying to clarify what, IMO, gameranand meant.

Yup, I know. Didn't mean to offend :). Staying on topic though, I wanted to expand my gaming repertoire and explore strategy games. What would you recommend for someone's first turn-based strategy game?

bippukt

In the zone
Yup, I know. Didn't mean to offend :). Staying on topic though, I wanted to expand my gaming repertoire and explore strategy games. What would you recommend for someone's first turn-based strategy game?

That depends. If you want a purely turn based strategy game, then there is no better place to start that Civilization V. Preferably the Gold Edition, if you can get it. The game is popular, not too complicated and looks good as well. TBS games generally don't look too good.

If you are more of space game type, then definitely buy the Galactic Civilizations Ultimate Edition. The game is deep, the AI is very good. But the game is a bit old by now. One of the best things about it is Ship customization. As you will be fighting in space, your ships are your units. You decide everything about a ship, beginning with the hull size. A smaller hull means a cheaper ship but less space. On the hull, you place engines if you want (to increase speed per turn), the weapon types and their numbers (eg you can have a missile weapon and a laser weapon or several of them on the same ship), the armour/shields, the sensors (to 'see' far), the life support (to increase the range beyond your territory that you can travel) and special modules, if any, like troop transport. You can have a fleet of lots of small ships or choose to build a few huge Dreadnoughts! It is a really good game if you like TBS games.

If you are into fantasy, you can get Heroes of Might and Magic VI.

If you want a combination of TBS and RTS, try Shogun 2 Total War.

darkv0id

Journeyman
^ Hmm, I do want pure turn based, so I guess I'll go with Civilization V (checked out it's Wikipedia page and it's concepts sound nice as well). Thanks!

gameranand

Living to Play
Excitement doesn't mean that :p

What you mean to say is that what excites you is not knowing what to expect, and that is a perfectly valid thing. Even I find that the unknown excites the most. That is why AoE was so exciting. Or Doom. Or Rome Total War. Or why Assassin's Creed III just didn't make me want to play it, whereas I played the original AC like a madman (imagine near 100% humidity with 40+ degrees temperatures, and just the fan to keep me company).

To be honest, though, with strategy games it is hard to get the unexpected. They are all, in the end, Explore -> Exploit -> Expand -> Exterminate.

Well my English is not that great but thanks for clarification of my point. Thats exactly what I meant.
If you say about Strategy games then in some games there is a learning curve and others have other things. For e.g - Red Alert 3 have Sub Commander thing while CnC 3 Tiberium Wars don't have that but still it feels great. Also some have upgrades and all and some don't. XCOM for example have some other managements too. These are the things that excites me or something new on the table.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
Disagree. Rome Total War with improved graphics, AI and game mechanics, not to mention economy, diplomacy and spies/assassins - I can't wait for it. It help that it will be priced at Rs 999 here :)

And it also helps that I have an HD7950 :D

are you sure about that price?

Top Bottom