Which UNLIMITED Broadband To use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushman9

Journeyman
I have a bsnl RS 250 - 2mbps - 1 GB ,but despite this my monthly Bill goes over Rs 2k (only net) and then also my my demand are not met (That is THEIR ARE LOTS OF STUFF TO BE DOWNLOADED) .And to top it My father is threatening me to cut the net connection if i don't call up my habit . However he has given me the chance to change the connection but under Rs 0.7 to 0.8k

I want to know what plans are present for unlimited broadband .Though I Prefer high speed but if budget is constraint i can also prefer 128 to 256 mpbs . AND YES I CAN KEEP MY PC ON FOR WHOLE NIGHT FOR BIG DOWNLOADS( <1 GB) TO FINISH . please can you suggest me which service to go .My uncle is saying Airtel offers the best in price for unlimited broadband?

arnab2kool

On the net
ayushman9 said:
I have a bsnl RS 250 - 2mbps - 1 GB ,but despite this my monthly Bill goes over Rs 2k (only net) and then also my my demand are not met (That is THEIR ARE LOTS OF STUFF TO BE DOWNLOADED) .And to top it My father is threatening me to cut the net connection if i don't call up my habit . However he has given me the chance to change the connection but under Rs 0.7 to 0.8k

I want to know what plans are present for unlimited broadband .Though I Prefer high speed but if budget is constraint i can also prefer 128 to 256 mpbs . AND YES I CAN KEEP MY PC ON FOR WHOLE NIGHT FOR BIG DOWNLOADS( <1 GB) TO FINISH . please can you suggest me which service to go .My uncle is saying Airtel offers the best in price for unlimited broadband?

M8 I am using BSNL Broadband Home 500 for since 1 year. Why dont u opt for this plan it gives 2.5 GB limit. And if you want to pick up Unlimited then you can choose Unlimited plans provided from BSNL. You can find the details from the nearest branch.

Thank you.

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
hough I Prefer high speed but if budget is constraint i can also prefer 128 to 256 mpbs .
:D

Now,I'd say BSNL UL plan for 900 bucks.It gives you a 256 kbps pipe. Else, opt for their 500 bucks plan which is UL at night.... Now its upto 2 mbps. So, on a good day, you can d/l a lot. BTW, what do you d/l ? :D ;)

sakumar79

Technomancer
Go for plans that allow night-time unlimited, as they are likely to be cheaper. For example, in Airtel, I can get for around 600 Night Unlimited (as addon) with about 500 MB download daytime (I think)...

Arun

OP
ayushman9

ayushman9

Journeyman
kaustav_geek said:
:D

Now,I'd say BSNL UL plan for 900 bucks.It gives you a 256 kbps pipe. Else, opt for their 500 bucks plan which is UL at night.... Now its upto 2 mbps. So, on a good day, you can d/l a lot. BTW, what do you d/l ? :D ;)

well i do think you know what i d/l ;). I can say i am a T.O.R.R.E.N.T worshipper :cool:(not a devoted one,:twisted:you see rapidshr is more reliable).

I think it is better i opt for day and night unlimited .Atleast it will limit my budjet to a figure ?

And yes i personally don/t approve of BSNL .They have a habit of making the applicant run around several times . I t is better to opt for a private player.

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
I think you need to go in for Night UL connection specially whn u say that u r a Torrent Worshipper ;)
coz then u'll b abl to download more in whole night than leaving ur PC running 24x7

As for daytime, the limit, 1GB is mesely bt quite okay for normal surfing as ur dwnlds wl nw b scheduled for nights ! :)

g_goyal2000

Youngling
MTNL Triband 256 KBPS

TriB 590NU (Rs. 590): Night unlimited (12:00 am to 8 am) + 1 GB monthly limit free only for daytime (8 am to 12 am).
1 GB download is for entire month, not daily 1 GB.
DSL 949 (Rs. 949): Unlimited

If u'r own router, then no rental. If MTNL's, then Rs. 50/- per month router rental.

*delhi.mtnl.net.in/commercial/broadband_tariff.htm

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
BSNL Broadband plan costs me rs 720 PM coz rs 180 rental is included in the 900 Plan so in actual it costs rs 780 , and i get speeds >30KBps constantly :)

mkmkmk

In the zone
sify 128 unlimited ....791.........
sify 256 unlimited..... 1122.......

at least i have good exp

u can download what ever u want...p2p is not blocked at all.....
first try to find out whether its available in u r area and hows service..
i m happy since 1 yr...with sify

Sify Suc*s, royall does. Never go for it!! It's not the same everywhere! Majority say it is uselss!!

I would suggest you go for the BSNL Home 500 plan. Because you have about 2.5GB usage and night unlimited where between 2am and 8am, you can download appox ~2-3GB of data. And it's only Rs500/month. So, if you can stick to night downloading, then take this one. Or you can go for the Home900UL. But that's got much lesser speed. You can download whatever you download in a day with that connection in just 6 hours in the night on a 2Mbps line. So, you do the math.

I would certainly recommend BSNL although intial hassles can be there, it's the most reliable service. There are lot of private players who promise you a lot of SLA's but none are met majority of the times, for eg. Airtel's 24hour gauranteed fix which never happens.

Which ever ISP you choose, the bottom lines have been put in place by the TRI. TRI has given a maximum of 48hrs repair and if it doesn't work within that time, you will get additional days free for the no. of days it hasn't worked. So, regardless of which ISP you select, the service standards are going to be the same.

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
BSNL Broadband plan costs me rs 720 PM coz rs 180 rental is included in the 900 Plan so in actual it costs rs 780 , and i get speeds >30KBps constantly :)
yeah and if u pay rs.9000 as one time payment for an year then the cost per month appreiciably reduces! :)

goobimama

 Macboy
Instead of going for the home500 plan, i opted for home1000 where I get 5GB per month. So at least I can surf in peace...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom