Which TV TUNER should i buy- URGENT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaD3th3K

Broken In
Hi,
This is rather urgent and i will be grateful if you could give your suggestions (fast!). My budget is 3.5K. I want best video capture WITH hardware mpeg-2 encoder. i dont care if there is no remote or bundled software. i was thinking of getting something like,

i) ATI TV WONDER ELITE - $89 at ATI site - best picture quality - but i heard that it receives only ntsc signals only in n. america. people also said it is too expensive

ii) ATI TV WONDER PRO - $59 at ati site - good pic quality - but no mpeg-2 hardware encoder but very cheap

iii) NVTV - abt $60 - i read reviews of this card in different sites. one of them said that it was not a gr8 card and not gr8 pic quality and placed it behind the ATI TV WONDER PRO. but another said its picture quality was great.

iv) Compro videomate gold plus II - rs 2700 - it was judged the best tuner in CHIP. but i dunno abt the pic quality.

v) or any other card

PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE. I HAVE TO GET ONE FAST (BY THE END OF THIS MONTH) !!!

Ramstrong

Broken In
Hi,

I am using the Compro TV Mate Gold II, for the last 6 months, & its very good. You can go for that. The quality, finish as well as the performance of the card is very good. In fact 'Digit' had reviewed this card earlier (adjudged as the best) & based on their review I had bought it.

Ramstrong.

OP
MegaD3th3K

MegaD3th3K

Broken In
Ramstrong said:
Hi,

I am using the Compro TV Mate Gold II, for the last 6 months, & its very good. You can go for that. The quality, finish as well as the performance of the card is very good. In fact 'Digit' had reviewed this card earlier (adjudged as the best) & based on their review I had bought it.

Ramstrong.

thnx Ramstrong, but is the capture quality really very good? bcz digit and other magazines rank these cards taking into account all of its features (remote, fm tuner, bundled software, etc) but i am interested only in the capture quality. I want it to be as clear as possible in that budget. Also, does the video have any artifacts (i dunno wat tht means, itz just this new term i found while "researching" abt TV tuners). Are there any "disturbances" in the text areas in the video?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

In the zone
Dude I got Pinnacle Tv Tuner card cost 2550 /- in hyderabad

here is the video ..i recorded frm my Tv card...see n reply me..

*rapidshare.de/files/32401781/DON_By_Deejam.avi

lalu

Broken In
if u r adding 1k with ur budget then go for pinnacle togo external tv tunner .as u give importance to video capturing u can capture at mpeg4 formatwhich is equiavalent to dvd.and you can record in mpeg 2.

OP
MegaD3th3K

MegaD3th3K

Broken In
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm said:
yes dude...

check my video...i added above..tht link...

Thnx a ton. the video was rather good. People who have bought the ATI TV Wonder Elite tell me that you cant tell the difference between a (original) DVD movie and the recorded video.
Also the card supports PAL and it is available for as low as $72 (excluding shipping). Then why the XXXX am i not buying it? bcz it does not ship outside the US. I found one that does, but that cost well over $100.

@Ramstrong: can u upload a video or screenshot of ur tuner? if i'm not satisfied the compro card also, then i'm not going to buy any card at all till the theatre 550 pro (ATI TV Wonder Elite) is available in india (yes, i know it is available at ebay but that costs nearly 5K!)

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Do you mean copying DVDs? If so, why do you need a tuner for that?
Anyways a copied DVD will have the quality of the original because unlike VHS, there is no signal loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom