Which TV channels on EDGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
I'd like to know which channels are available for viewing on EDGE enabled phones and which mobile provider gives it with the tariffs.

:idea:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
As far I know AIRTEL provides LIVE streaming video..but dont know if they still provide that service. Otherwise HUTCH provides clips to downlaod and later view them on ur EDGe enabled phone.

rohanbee

Padawan
i dont think even airtel provides live feed. I know a lot of higher ups in the company who have told me. Even the speed on edge is frankly almost always the same as the gprs.
But
3g when it comes will definately be worth it.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
I thought I could watch live channels such as the cricket matches next month, etc. on the EDGE phone.

Anyway how does this thing work just assuming Airtel or Hutch have started the service.

Is the clarity, number of channels, Interactive channels[PLAY TV] similar to the TV.

:idea:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
The clarity is OK man, not too bad.. it will be as the streaming thing that we see in your media player using broadband internet...but this downloaded thing is honestly very good and is "watchable".

@rohanbee, I said they "used" to provide that service.. but do you know they got different services at different circles, so it may be offered at some other circles other than your circle.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
I called up the Hutch and Airtel cust care and asked them for EDGE details and they said we're not familiar with it.

What is the exact term that I shud ask for ? Maybe they interpret it by another name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom