Which smartphone is the best for people with bad eyesight ?

ElleHarries

Broken In
I wonder between Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Sony Z Ultra and Nokia Lumia 1520 Which smartphone is the best for people with bad eyesight? I am planning to buy a smartphone for my younger brother-His eyesight is really bad.:-?

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
On the android side there is an option to increase the overall font size which is a huge boon for people who have a weak eyesight.
Also, there are many other options and apps in the 'accessibility tab' in android which actually adds options like magnifying glass, talk back feature, voice command to make calls or open any app etc.

These options make android extremely friendly to operate for people with disability. Make sure you get atleast kitkat 4.4 or the latest android to be on the safer side.

I also remember reading somewhere that even people who are actually blind are able to operate android mobiles because of those apps and accessibility feature.

I can't really recommend windows mobiles for people with disability. Reason is that there app base is quite limited(don't mistake mobile OS with windows desktop OS). Although, I have not used a windows mobile. Still, I would recommend you to pick up an android for your brother.

Xperia and Samsung don't really make much difference as long as they support/ come with the latest android OS. Almost all android mobiles comes with accessibility options.
You can also check out Motorola mobiles with "google now'. Basically, some mobiles come with a hardware feature that activates the mobiles when you speak a particular word. You even don't need to open the mobile to use it. If I were you, I would have definitely looked seriously for that feature for someone with severe eyes problem.

Flash

Lost in speed
On the android side there is an option to increase the overall font size which is a huge boon for people who have a weak eyesight.
Also, there are many other options and apps in the 'accessibility tab' in android which actually adds options like magnifying glass, talk back feature, voice command to make calls or open any app etc.

These options make android extremely friendly to operate for people with disability. Make sure you get atleast kitkat 4.4 or the latest android to be on the safer side.

I also remember reading somewhere that even people who are actually blind are able to operate android mobiles because of those apps and accessibility feature.
[YOUTUBE]0jLVGuHW1bA[/YOUTUBE]

Xperia and Samsung don't really make much difference as long as they support/ come with the latest android OS. Almost all android mobiles comes with accessibility options.
You can also check out Motorola mobiles with "google now'. Basically, some mobiles come with a hardware feature that activates the mobiles when you speak a particular word. You even don't need to open the mobile to use it. If I were you, I would have definitely looked seriously for that feature for someone with severe eyes problem.
[YOUTUBE]BhSg9UO9he8[/YOUTUBE]

OP
E

ElleHarries

Broken In
I suggest getting a good pair of spectacles or contact lenses first. Then he can use any phone without worrying.
I know what you mean, anyway thanks for you suggestion. However, he can't getting his pair of spectacles all day.:mrgreen:
I means I need a good smartphone for him to use without a good pair of spectacles or contact lenses.

- - - Updated - - -

I appreciate you help. But regarding to your suggestion, I find it confused to choose between a windows phone and android phone.:mrgreen:
:-?My brother love playing game. Do you think a android phone is better for him?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I know what you mean, anyway thanks for you suggestion. However, he can't getting his pair of spectacles all day.:mrgreen:
I means I need a good smartphone for him to use without a good pair of spectacles or contact lenses.

- - - Updated - - -

I appreciate you help. But regarding to your suggestion, I find it confused to choose between a windows phone and android phone.:mrgreen:
:-?My brother love playing game. Do you think a android phone is better for him?
How old is your brother? Also fill up the questionnaire.

OP
E

ElleHarries

Broken In
Dear Saiyan, I don't know what you mean. Where is the questionnaire?
My brother is fourteen years old (He is going to attend a boarding school far from family so that is the reason why I want to give him a new phone)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Dear Saiyan, I don't know what you mean. Where is the questionnaire?
My brother is fourteen years old (He is going to attend a boarding school far from family so that is the reason why I want to give him a new phone)

*www.digit.in/forum/buying-advice/134349-questionnaire-mobile-phone-purchase-queries.html

1. Budget?
2. Display type and size?
3. Dual sim?
4. Preferred choice of brand?
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
10. Any other info that you want to share

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
[YOUTUBE]0jLVGuHW1bA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]BhSg9UO9he8[/YOUTUBE]

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I can see windows too have got options for accessibility. Although, I still would prefer android as it is much more developer friendly. So, there are many other revolutionary 3rd party apps that are compatible along with default android apps.

Also, android have a huge app base. More often android is the first one and sometimes only the one to get a new feature or app compared to windows.

And lastly, android have much better gaming support and options on mobiles compared to windows mobile OS. Microsoft is also very slow in introducing new features unlike android.

If I were you, I would have definitely kept the new app and feature support in one of my top properties as flexibility is more important for me rather than be limited with the default apps.

OP
E

ElleHarries

Broken In
1. Budget: about 16K and can go up if necessary
2. Display type and size: As I said before, I need one which is appropriate with people with bad-eyesight
3. Dual sim: Not neccessary
4. Preferred choice of brand: None
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? I think my brother would like a front facing camera.
He seem to love taking selfies
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc) Android or Windows Phone
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready) None
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Gaming, internet, chatting
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? None
10. Any other info that you want to share None
It seem to be a android phone is better for my brother. Anyways, thank you very much for your help!

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
2. Display type and size: As I said before, I need one which is appropriate with people with bad-eyesight
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? I think my brother would like a front facing camera.
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc) Android or Windows Phone
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Gaming, internet, chatting
It seem to be a android phone is better for my brother. Anyways, thank you very much for your help!

Import Mi4C from OPOmart.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Just get him a 64 GB Oneplus One or Mi4.

OP
E

ElleHarries

Broken In
Thank for your suggestion, kunalgujarathi!
I will consider it.
However, I wonder whether Samsung or Sony is better brand name for smartphone than OPPO?
Personally, I thought I should choose a smartphone from Sony or Samsung. My budget can go up if neccessary.:)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Thank for your suggestion, kunalgujarathi!
I will consider it.
However, I wonder whether Samsung or Sony is better brand name for smartphone than OPPO?
Personally, I thought I should choose a smartphone from Sony or Samsung. My budget can go up if neccessary.:)

If you go with brand name, you loose performance and since your brother likes gaming on a phone, Oneplus One/Mi4 with 3 GB ram and SD801 are much much better than any sony/samsung phone for the budget.

Sony has entry level phones at midrange prices. While samsung has upper entry level phones at upper midrange prices. OPO, Mi4 are flagship level phones (at least in performance) at midrange prices.

OP
E

ElleHarries

Broken In
Thank you so much Saiya,

I forgot an important thing that my brother likes gaming on phone.
I've decided that Oneplus One is my final choice
Hopefully my brother will like it.

Anyways, thank all again.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Thank you so much Saiya,

I forgot an important thing that my brother likes gaming on phone.
I've decided that Oneplus One is my final choice
Hopefully my brother will like it.

Anyways, thank all again.

yeah it meets the requirements perfectly !! He wont be disappointed :)

Top Bottom