Which ram to buy - CL9D-4GBRL or CL8D-4GBRM

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Tell us what's your primary usage for gaming?

IMO if the price difference is more than 1k, grab the cheaper one.

OP
A

ashikns

ByTeS fLoWiNg ThRu VeIns!
Yes,I primarily intend gaming.ROG is specifically made for gamers,and the P8Z68 has features I dont need.Thats why I've chosen gene-z

@tkin:Is SMC trusted?I find it weird that I cant even find any links for tracking orders in their website

Kanra

Broken In
@tkin:Is SMC trusted?I find it weird that I cant even find any links for tracking orders in their website

I think they don't take orders online on website.

Trust: :) I have dealt with them way back in 2001. Used to stay in Pune and had bought my comp from nehruplace, delhi. When the Gigabyte 760chip GA-7DXR blew off my dealer left me stranded. They were distributors and when I approached them, they assured me of help and since board was not in stock, shipped an UPGRADED model GA-7DXR+ all they way from B'lore to Pune for me free of charge. :)) I'll never forget that. Best service of dozens of vendors i ever dealt with till date.

OP
A

ashikns

Well,they do take orders online.But I have to pay them by depositing money in their bank account,which is a bit less secure since I have no assurance,not to mention inconvenience

tkin

Back to school!!
Well,they do take orders online.But I have to pay them by depositing money in their bank account,which is a bit less secure since I have no assurance,not to mention inconvenience
I think its safe, just order, deposit, and get it shipped, acro international is the parent company of smc, almost every computer product is imported in india by them, MSI, cooler master etc.

OP
A

ashikns

hmmm,I'll first try buying the ram from them.They do have the lowest prices among all websites

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

I have bought 30k equivalent of stuff from SMC. You can trust that but be prepared to pay octroi or other special taxes in your state over the product.

OP
A

ashikns

@Faun:How much do these taxes come to approximately?If they are atleast 1k,then I wont have any difference buying from other websites since their prices are all taxes included

OP
A

ashikns

Hmmm I'll try buying from them.
One more question,how much performance difference does ddr3 2000mhz have over ddr3 1600 mhz?

comp@ddict

^^ depends entirely on your purpose, usage, as well as your rig.

For 95% use(or more), the 1600MHz RAM will suffice totally.

tkin

Back to school!!
Hmmm I'll try buying from them.
One more question,how much performance difference does ddr3 2000mhz have over ddr3 1600 mhz?
For sandy? Near to none, it will run @ 1866MHz anyway, sandy supports 1866 and 2133, no support for 2000, and after 1600Mz the gain becomes negligible.

OP
A

ashikns

@tkin:thanks:)
I just placed an order for this product at primeabgb.com
Gskill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
Will make the payment tommorow

I was planning to buy the NZXT Gamma,but NZXT Guardian 921 is available at 1k more,it looks a lot cooler and it has three fans included.Does anyone know about this cabinet?

comp@ddict

Yeah it's an awesome good looking cabinet. If you're getting it for just 1k more, I say don't miss such a deal and grab it!

Top Bottom