Which ram to buy - CL9D-4GBRL or CL8D-4GBRM

ashikns

ByTeS fLoWiNg ThRu VeIns!
G-SKILL 4GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL is available at rs.3150 on e-bay
G-SKILL 4GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM is available at rs.3200 on primeabgb

Which is a better deal?

tkin

Back to school!!
G-SKILL 4GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL is available at rs.3150 on e-bay
G-SKILL 4GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM is available at rs.3200 on primeabgb

Which is a better deal?
Which processor?

OP
A

ashikns

Intel core i5 2500k
Also planning to get ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z

@Mukherjee:whats the difference between the two?I understand the timing is tighter,but is there any other difference?Am confused since both are priced same.

tkin

Back to school!!
Get the CL8D now!!
You do know one of them run at 1.6v and another one at 1.5v, care to change suggestion?

Intel core i5 2500k
Also planning to get ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z
The model that ends with RL is the 1.5v model for Sandy Bridge. You need to buy that model.

That is this model: G-SKILL 4GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

OP
A

ashikns

@tkin:Thanks a lot:D I was doubtful that there would be some difference other than timing;)

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
You do know one of them run at 1.6v and another one at 1.5v, care to change suggestion?

The model that ends with RL is the 1.5v model for Sandy Bridge. You need to buy that model.

That is this model: G-SKILL 4GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Sorry bro...missed it...Yeah they are the older Ripjaws series...and yes the Cl8 uses 1.6V...the OP might do better to go with the Cl9 part with 1.5V

(Aside: Sandybridge can survive the 1.6V tho...imho)

OP
A

ashikns

@mukherjee:No probs;)
Is there anything better available for a marginal price increase?

tkin

Back to school!!
^^+1, but check the clearance, if he is planning to buy maximus I think he will also buy a cooler, vengeance does not like coolers.

OP
A

ashikns

@mukherjee:am buying online(as the components are not available in my state),so the prices I stated are online prices.Vengeance costs around 3k online too.But vengeance looks a lot cooler;)

@tkin:I am planning to buy a CM hyper 212+ after some months,if thats what you meant

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
^^+1, but check the clearance, if he is planning to buy maximus I think he will also buy a cooler, vengeance does not like coolers.

:+1:

@mukherjee:am buying online(as the components are not available in my state),so the prices I stated are online prices.Vengeance costs around 3k online too.But vengeance looks a lot cooler;)

@tkin:I am planning to buy a CM hyper 212+ after some months,if thats what you meant

U must first decide on the cooler and then go decide on RAM buddy...if its a CM Hyper 212+...Vengeance will make it :)

tkin

Back to school!!

You mean gskill looks cooler right? Get anyone but vengeance won't have any issue with 212+, it WILL have issue with coolers like Noctua D14, Thermalright Venomous X etc.

OP
A

ashikns

@everyone:
Any suggestions for this rig,anything I should change?

Intel core i5 2500k
Asus Maximus IV gene-Z
G.Skill 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 Desktop RAM F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
NZXT Gamma

@tkin and mukherjee:if I buy a cooler,it will be CM hyper 212+,as I cant afford anything more

tkin

Back to school!!
@everyone:

Intel core i5 2500k
Asus Maximus IV gene-Z
NZXT Gamma

@tkin and mukherjee:if I buy a cooler,it will be CM hyper 212+,as I cant afford anything more
Good config, any reason you are buying the Gene Z and not the Z68V pro model?

tkin

Back to school!!
Does anyone know where to get gene-z online?A website in which I can pay by debit card
This website does but does not have the Gene Z yet, keep an eye on it.
Theitdepot - India's First IT Online Shopping Store

This website has ready stock but does not accept credit or debit card:
SMC international

heartripple

In the zone
@everyone:

Intel core i5 2500k
Asus Maximus IV gene-Z
NZXT Gamma

Nice configuration.... But give me just 2 days I will tell you about my system...

I have ordered this hardware and may be it will come to my place by tomorrow evening...

Intel i2500k
Asus P8Z68-V
Cooler Master Storm Scout
Corsair 4GB x 2
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound

I got Asus P8Z68-V for just Rs. 12000 from itwares .
So lets wait n watch how it performs.

Top Bottom