which ram should i add

Status
Not open for further replies.

nix

i now have a P3 866mhz , and 128 MB ram. i plan to add another 128 mb. i dont which ram i currently have. i dont know if its sd, rd, ddr or ddr2 ram. is it like , if i have sd ram , then i can only add sd ram? is ther any way of knowing which ram i have.

Deep

Version 2.0
I think SD ram will work with your machine...

and as far as i know you cannot have 2 different kind of RAMs running on same machine i.e. SD and DDR together...but I am not very sure about...ask the hardware guy..

Deep

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
yeah .... you are right Deep
even RAMs of different frequcies are not preferred

@nix ...
you need SDRAM ..
check the frequency of the existing RAM ( it must be written over it )
and buy another SDRAM of same frequency ..

as a simple thumbrule -
p3 = sdram
p4 = ddr

to get more info about your motherboard and RAM ..
download is small utility called
cpu-z

-----
alibi

OP
nix

nix

hi

hi thanks for the replies. i also need to know if my mobo ( biostar M6TWL) has an AGP slot. do anyone know how i can find that out. is ther some software for that. ?

Deep

Version 2.0
Re: hi

nix said:
hi thanks for the replies. i also need to know if my mobo ( biostar M6TWL) has an AGP slot. do anyone know how i can find that out. is ther some software for that. ?

check this - *www.sisoftware.co.uk/
this software will give u all the deatils about pc incl/ mobo info

Deep

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall

nix said:
i also need to know if my mobo ( biostar M6TWL) has an AGP slot. do anyone know how i can find that out. is ther some software for that. ?
u can find that easily on ur manual of ur mobo...

psappuin

Broken In
arre yaar tension nahi lene ka cabinet kolo aur dheek lo AGP slot mil gayega agar hua tou PCI slot jaisa hota hai lekin toda bada hota hai.

Jaha tak aapki Ram ka sawal hai tou RAM nikal kar use dheeko agar single cut hai pins waali taraf tou SD hai aur double cut hai tou DDR ram hai .

Lakin P3 mein sd hi lagti hai

OP
nix

nix

hi

since mine is an old mobo, i think it'll have 4X AGP or 2X AGP. wont the performance of the game be sloppy in 4X or 2X? and if i connect the graphic card to the PCI slot, then will the performance of the game will lower?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist

nix said:
since mine is an old mobo, i think it'll have 4X AGP or 2X AGP. wont the performance of the game be sloppy in 4X or 2X? and if i connect the graphic card to the PCI slot, then will the performance of the game will lower?

Well The 4x Mobo Will give U A Pretty Decent Performance(Also Depending On The Graphics Card U Purchase will Affect Ur Gameplay) Compared to a Pci Graphics card as Pci Is The outdated One(For The Old Mobo's And not The New PCI-Express Technology)......And The Pci Graphics Card are a very hard find compared to their Agp Counterparts....Dun know if any company Still Manufactures em,Well The Performance of the Game will definetly Be low Compared to The AGP Performance..... 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom