Which OS is best : Microsoft XP or LINUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kniwor

Learner
i dont know how many of u have been administrators for a comp lab, but let me reassure u the comparison is beyond doubt, for all those saying that windows does not require maintanance i say u've only 1 PC to care for and u dont mind running AV n all day/night, but say if i got 10 comps, to be used for surfing internet, I'd say try both windows and linux, and see what works for u, and i bet u will not dare argue again, even if u are a master in windows XP OS, u will eventually end up installing Linux in all the machines, because it simply is secure, it is meant to be a multi user system, being based on unix, and windows compares nowhere, the only reason people are using windows is support, more applications, and most importantly gmes, for surfing internet, there stands no question as to what should be used.

G

gxsaurav

mehul

r u saying that Windows users are idiot?:mad:

Kniwor

Well, yeah, i have used Windows XP SP2 on both as a render farm, & also in a cyber cafe, almost all the computers were same in hardware config & it wasen't hard to configure & manage any of them

the server was configured, & nodes were configured using gpedit.msc, & most of the useless things were disabled for users, it's simple to manage if u know what r u doing.

oh & by the way, in both the cases, only the server had antivirus & firewall, in case of cyber cafe, a hardware firewall, & in case of my institute, well, there was no need, as it never connects to the internet, another computer does

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
gxsaurav said:
mehul

r u saying that Windows users are idiot?:mad:
I am not calling windows users idiots but your answers reguards linux as idiotic. It is quite obvious you are spreading FUD as reguards linux with wrong answers.

zualtea4

Right off the assembly line
From ur msg, i think u must use Windows. It will be friendlier 4 u. C da thing is...if u use Linux, u will have many troubles on device driver and other software. So, go for WINDOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom