nickreynold

Journeyman
Hello,
I have inquired about the GPU and I have 3 options-
1) HD 7770- Price- 9k
2) GTX 650- Price- 8.6k
3) GTX 650=2GB-Price- 10.3k
4) GTX 650Ti Boost- 13.2k

I think no.4 would be out of my budget. Too bad 650Ti version is not there. My specs are-
Core i3 3rd gen 3220
H67 motherboard( previous was H61 but I think H67 would be better)
8GB DDR3 Ram
\ Corsair Cx430V2 Smps

Now please tell me whether I should go for HD 7770 or 650 2GB version as the price difference is around 1k almost. Secondly would any of the cards would be a bottleneck for my CPU and will they run well with the Corsair CX 430 V2. Urgent reply is needed as I have to purchase immediately.Thanks alot

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Gtx 650ti Boost 2GB if you can get.
Out of the 4 cards with their given prices,gtx650ti boost makes sense and hd7770 makes some as well even though hd7770s are
available much cheaper(MSI HD7770 MSI HD7770 OC).
Both gtx650 at their given prices are just not worth it.In any case when HD7770 is priced so close there is no need of gtx650.
If you can't get gtx650ti Boost then you can look for hd7790 which is better than gtx650 Ti.
Overall,Gtx650TI Boost>HD7790>gtx650ti>hd7770>gtx650.This order is valid for both 1GB and 2GB versions of the cards here.
You can also check with mdcomputers and other online shops for gtx650ti boost and hd7790.
CPU is fine for the cards and PSU is fine to handle the config.

OP
N

nickreynold

Journeyman
Thanks for the reply. Today the dealer told me HD 7970 1 GB DDR5 is available for 11k which is 1k more than my budget but I will go for it if its good. Thanks for the replies. But I think he mispelled it. I think its must be HD 7790. So, HD 7790 is good for both CPU and PSU?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Today the dealer told me HD 7970 1 GB DDR5 is available for 11k which is 1k more than my budget but I will go for it if its good. Thanks for the replies. But I think he mispelled it. I think its must be HD 7790. So, HD 7790 is good for both CPU and PSU?
Yes, i3 3220 and CX430V are perfectly fine for HD7790. Also, make sure you have adequate ventilation in your cabinet.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Wait a little guys. If OP can spend 13K + then he should opt for GTX 660 which is available around 13.5K in Online shops like Smcinternational.in. GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB (asus OC version) is avaialble around 12.7K in mdcomputers.in.
ASUS GRAPHICS CARD GTX 650 TI 2GB DDR5 BOOST OC

OP
N

nickreynold

Journeyman
Thanks a lot friends for your valuable support. Thanks for the tip Dear Clius, but I have already purchased. Sunday was a auspicious day and I decided to go for it. The dealer also said, some items will go on for increase due to the dollar pricing but I do not think of that as matter of face. My PC got delayed for more than 6 months and since now there is no one at home, my bother who gave money for PC also inquired, and also the smps my younger brother got was getting a shelf life i.e. sitting ideal for 8 months probably now, I thought not to delay. Some itmes were not available but I still thought to buying. The processor I thought was of i3 3220 but 3210 was there and in stead of H67(my first budget was for H61 but some earlier advice said to go for H67 which had a price difference of 3k almost), I got B-75 motherboard.(P8B75MLX). And as per GPU, I got the new OC version of HD 7790. Other items like HDD and RAM, you can say my choices are limited here as I live in a city which does not have dealers who stock more items and almost all of them sell the same brand.I know that online is very option and prices are some how differ but not that much. So, please do not mind, I think I will settle for it. The monitor is yet to come as the monitor I decided is not there. I will take another brand. Now, all I can think and pray to God, this rig runs for sometime(3-4 years at least) otherwise my brother is going to kill me. My budget was initial 30k(PC)+10K(GPU) excluding PSU which my younger brother had bought already but now due to some increased price and budget it went up around 5-5.5k. My brother will kill me no matter what happens and my parents certainly will if they find out what I have done. I will tell them the monitor is just new and its around 3-4k. I think that makes everyone happy.

Top Bottom