Which one is better ??

vrk

Broken In
Hello guys....

I just wanted to know which graphic card is better in all way nd will be usable for long term ??
SAPPHIRE HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB GDDR5 VAPOR-X or GTX 680
or any other card is better than this two , under budget of 40k ??

Suggestions are appreciated.....

Thanks & Regards
:-o Vrk

Cilus

laborare est orare
HD 7970 GHz edition is more powerful than GTX 680 on average in almost every games. However, GTX 770 (a rebranded 680 with some tweaks, better Overclocking potential and higher build quality) is a very good option too.
In Indian market, after 30 to 34K (GTX 680, GTX 770 and 7970 custom build models), no cards are available within 40K budget. You have to spend around 50K to get the next card, GTX 780.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Hello guys....

I just wanted to know which graphic card is better in all way nd will be usable for long term ??
SAPPHIRE HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB GDDR5 VAPOR-X or GTX 680
or any other card is better than this two , under budget of 40k ??

Suggestions are appreciated.....

Thanks & Regards
:-o Vrk

Can you provide the specs of your system mate??

OP
vrk

vrk

Broken In
Can you provide the specs of your system mate??

AMD FX 8350
Asus M5A99X EVO R2
GTX 670 Direct CUII GTX670-DC2-2GD5
G.skill Ripjaws x 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Corsair TX850V2
DVDRw
VX2253mh-LED 22"
samsung 120 ssd
Hyper 212Evo
NZXT phantom

but i m selling my graphic to my friend and planning to buy new one around 40k....

HD 7970 GHz edition is more powerful than GTX 680 on average in almost every games. However, GTX 770 (a rebranded 680 with some tweaks, better Overclocking potential and higher build quality) is a very good option too.
In Indian market, after 30 to 34K (GTX 680, GTX 770 and 7970 custom build models), no cards are available within 40K budget. You have to spend around 50K to get the next card, GTX 780.

Thanks for the info .... I m getting GTX 680 4GB DDR5 for 40k from bitsy infotech.... should I go for it ??

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
AMD FX 8350
Asus M5A99X EVO R2
GTX 670 Direct CUII GTX670-DC2-2GD5
G.skill Ripjaws x 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Corsair TX850V2
DVDRw
VX2253mh-LED 22"
samsung 120 ssd
Hyper 212Evo
NZXT phantom

but i m selling my graphic to my friend and planning to buy new one around 40k....

Thanks for the info .... I m getting GTX 680 4GB DDR5 for 40k from bitsy infotech.... should I go for it ??

Avoid that GTX 680 at all costs. Its grossly overpriced. At 1080p, you won't find any significant jump from a 670 to a 680 or 7970.
Gtx 780 will give you that considerable performance jump and it'll be noticeable.

Another option that i can think of is a GTX 760 SLI. It will give you more performance than a Titan and almost close to a GTX 690. Just check these reviews:

GeForce GTX 760 SLI review

MSI GeForce GTX 760 Gaming OC 2GB Video Card Review in SLI and 2D Surround

Just wait for the prices to stabilize here in india. For a $250 card, expect prices to be in the region of 17-18k. I suggest to wait at least a month.
Two of these will beat a 7970/680/770 out of the water and should be well within your budget. The performance will also last you much longer than a single card like 7970 or 680.

You already have a beefier PSU to easily support such configurations.

OP
vrk

vrk

Broken In
Avoid that GTX 680 at all costs. Its grossly overpriced. At 1080p, you won't find any significant jump from a 670 to a 680 or 7970.
Gtx 780 will give you that considerable performance jump and it'll be noticeable.

Another option that i can think of is a GTX 760 SLI. It will give you more performance than a Titan and almost close to a GTX 690. Just check these reviews:

GeForce GTX 760 SLI review

MSI GeForce GTX 760 Gaming OC 2GB Video Card Review in SLI and 2D Surround

Just wait for the prices to stabilize here in india. For a $250 card, expect prices to be in the region of 17-18k. I suggest to wait at least a month.
Two of these will beat a 7970/680/770 out of the water and should be well within your budget. The performance will also last you much longer than a single card like 7970 or 680.

You already have a beefier PSU to easily support such configurations.

Really thank you for the information....
I have 1 more question that is what if I want to go for 2 gpu ?? so what should i do??
I will buy one for around 40k. and other one will buy on emi that I will pay by monthly.... so which gpu will be suitable for my psu ???

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Really thank you for the information....
I have 1 more question that is what if I want to go for 2 gpu ?? so what should i do??
I will buy one for around 40k. and other one will buy on emi that I will pay by monthly.... so which gpu will be suitable for my psu ???

If you go the 760 way, why would you shell 40k for one gpu? It will be like 40k or less than that for 2 gpu's. Your current PSU is more than capable of handling that.

A single 760 will end up costing less than 20k if you wait for a month.

The only flaw i see is the power consumption at load. But the performance is there to justify. You'll get more performance than a Titan and close to a GTX 690. :)

OP
vrk

vrk

Broken In
If you go the 760 way, why would you shell 40k for one gpu? It will be like 40k or less than that for 2 gpu's. Your current PSU is more than capable of handling that.

A single 760 will end up costing less than 20k if you wait for a month.

The only flaw i see is the power consumption at load. But the performance is there to justify. You'll get more performance than a Titan and close to a GTX 690. :)

I agreed whatever you said but If I want to go for more then which gpu it will be ?? and it will be also good for future right ?

Top Bottom