Which one is a better game- GRAW or COD2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
Guys i have an option between Call fo duty 2 and Tom Clancy's Ghost recon advanced warfighter. which of the two is better?? i havent played the demos so i dont know.

Gamespot rating
COD2-8.8
GRAW-7.3

seems like COD2 but i thought i'd ask...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I ain't much into those tactical shoot up types and hence my vote goes for COD2.Just wish GRAW would have matched up to the XBOX 360 version on PC as well.The graphics look incomplete without AA being applied to it.COD2 is more intense & interesting.I have played GRAW only a few times so am not elligible for a full comment but yes have completed COD2 so can say that its worth every single penny,provided you have heavy hardware to gain its full potential.:cool:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Call of duty 2 is worse than the early versions in the series, They have made it very easy by the regenerating health funda . if u r low on health just take cover for 5 seconds and guess what u r fit as new. This builds no tension.you can just run into the enemy and kill everyone as even if u get hurt, just take cover for 5 secs and u r back, or if u die u will start from somewhere very near as this game has lots of chkpoints. Graphically the game looks cool but the whole experience is not satisfying.

GRAW is the game for u if u love the idea of no quick saves , only chkpoint saves that too come after long intervals, 2 shots bullet will kill you(and the enemy as well), no funda of health. once u r low on health,no chance of getting a health pack. The game has cool element of strategy, you control three squad members. The physics is awesome and the story is good. You can enjoy this game only if u have patience. Graphically the game is cool(newest patch introduces screen smoothing option to it) although little bit more system requirements than cod2.

The two games u r asking abt are totally different , COD2 vs GRAW is Mayhem vs tactics. choose the game according to the type of gamer u are. Both are good games your money will not be wasted whatever u choose.

My suggestion : GRAW.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^The health regeneration eases the game at easy difficulty level setting but once you switch to Veteran mode you'll have a hard time finding where your health is and where your body is.;) The mode is insanely difficult and dosen't even lend enough time to replenish the health.Btw isn't that the AA faking patch for GRAW that you are talking about? Does it make much difference?

Stalker

Padawan
If u like tactical shooters go for GRAW, COD2 is OK but with that health system u can finish the game in under 2 days.......

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
allwyndlima said:
^The health regeneration eases the game at easy difficulty level setting but once you switch to Veteran mode you'll have a hard time finding where your health is and where your body is.;) The mode is insanely difficult and dosen't even lend enough time to replenish the health.Btw isn't that the AA faking patch for GRAW that you are talking about? Does it make much difference?

allwyn , we don't judge any game on a hardest mode :p , btw i played the game on 'Hardened' mode as one of my friend suggested the game was too easy on 'regular' mode and i dont remember any game that i ever played on easy mode. The health regenaration system takes the tension and a bit of realism away from the game. After i completed farcry on the hardest given mode i swore not to play any other game ever on the highest difficulty mode, freakin irritating no enjoyment.

The smoothing option given after u install the patch really makes difference, its not as good a proper AA but does the job of smoothing the jaggies.

OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

thanks a lot guys...

i was thinking the COD2 and GRAW are both same catagory.. like the original COD(i tried that game but it became boaring for me half way down)

thatzy i m in a dellima to choose...

the game will be a late bday gift from a cousin of mine...he has both games and asked me to choose..

i am still not sure which one...

pls answer there.. i will choose accordingly then..

1. which game has better graphics(i have xfx 6600gt 256mb)
2. which game is longer and varied (i mean non monotonus)
3. which game is a better multiplayer
4. which games has good story and cutscenes(i am a huge fan of cutscenes)
5. which game has/may have more MODs

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
allwyn , we don't judge any game on a hardest mode , btw i played the game on 'Hardened' mode as one of my friend suggested the game was too easy on 'regular' mode and i dont remember any game that i ever played on easy mode
Not talking about judging the game but experiencing the tough side of it or rather a more challenging side of the game once you feel its going too easy.Even when I started out with the game I felt somewhat baffled over the health regeneration thing but once then again the game was so involving that I began to ignore that aspect.Seemed too easy at first but once the difficulty level got increased things began heating up and hence it got a bit more interesting.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
1. which game has better graphics(i have xfx 6600gt 256mb)

Graw looks better on highend systems , but COD2 is the game which will suite ur system , it will run on highest settings and will look really impressive. i to have 6600gt. I had to play GRAW on 800x600 , COD2 runs on full ingame settings at 1024x768 pretty smooth.

2. which game is longer and varied (i mean non monotonus)

both games have varity of missions.

3. which game is a better multiplayer

Certainly GRAW ,upto 4 players can play all the missions in co-op multiplayer mode. the 4 player squad in some real action.COD 2 multiplayer is like normal deathmatch.

4. which games has good story and cutscenes(i am a huge fan of cutscenes)

GRAW has good story , COD2 based on different campaigns based on real war, no allover single story for the game. Both game dont have ingame cutscenes worth mentioning.

5. which game has/may have more MODs

No idea

OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

well i think i will go for GRAW..

cause without story and cutscenes i think COD2 would be like playing battlefield 2 (and BF2 i have played too much i think..)

thanks a lot guys....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom