Which Of These IS the best VFM Phone?

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Hi my friend is out looking to buy a best VFM phone in < 5 inch range.Budget <= 25000. Here's the questionaire

1. Budget?
Ans: <=25000

2. Display type and size?
Ans:< 5 inch

3. Dual sim?
Ans: Not Required

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Ans: Motorola, LG, Nokia, Sony

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Ans: LED Flash required

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Ans: Android or Windows

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
Ans: Both 3G and 4G ( LTE Capable)

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Ans: Voice Calls, Internet, Mail, Music

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Ans: Moto X (first gen), Nexus 5, Huawei Honor 6, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact (Since getting Moto X1 is almost impossible iam left with the others)

10. Any other info that you want to share
Ans: No Indian brand. And please do not mention samsung (Never planning to buy one from them). Any other brands can be considered. Battery life and being fast is the top priority.

- - - Updated - - -

Any Thoughts?

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
+1 to Nexus 5 for updates, Z1 C for camera but its a bit small IMO.
if you're talking about Z1C, i do agree but the configuration seems great except for the size. In fact it looks even better than nexus 5. Not sure about real life performance though. Would have gone with Z3C except for the price.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
If you can increase your budget get moto x 2014 or nexus 5
Price of Nexus 5 keeps changing in FK & amazon. i don't know why. Moto X2 has got 5.2 inches in display. And not so good on the camera department.so don't want to buy.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Have used Z1C, it's absolutely fantastic, as snappy as it could be.

Only downside I feel is that Sony could have used their camera in a much better way, as hardware wise it has got a very capable camera.

PS: Z3C has got one big big reason to choose it over Z1C, which is battery back up, which is out of the world. 3 days is the norm, so you should reconsider it. Plus IIRC the latter also supports 4k recording? BTW for how much you are getting the Z1C ?

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Have used Z1C, it's absolutely fantastic, as snappy as it could be.

Only downside I feel is that Sony could have used their camera in a much better way, as hardware wise it has got a very capable camera.

PS: Z3C has got one big big reason to choose it over Z1C, which is battery back up, which is out of the world. 3 days is the norm, so you should reconsider it. Plus IIRC the latter also supports 4k recording? BTW for how much you are getting the Z1C ?

In FK, Z1C is listed for 24,990. I guess it's better to buy from FK or amazon than from local shops. Not sure about the price locally. Will check out later tomorrow.

A

amit.tiger12

"nexus" 5 always value for money... by the way samsung display is big fake experience to "natural" view... and nexus 5 LCD IPS display is best.. anything about nexus 5 ask mi.. I have it...

In India, I don't think google is again selling nexus 5. Stocks are not yet available.. thanks to "nexus 6" (i hate it because of moto and 6 inch.)

Snapdeal, giving nexus 5 for 22k (lowest value I seen), you can wait for that price to show up again. Black is the only option from play store (but out of stock), I don't think they will put other colors on store soon.. there are rumors about "Nexus 5 2015 version".. I doubt that.. So you have to wait long...

if you need now nexus 5 is good choice, with compromises with camera and battery (even lower with new update 5.0 (because of "project volta"))... but as far as I know.. every nexus user do root their phone... so greenify for better battery.. or buy any xiaomi power bank of 1K...

for fast chargers... there are various chargers available to do that... I think just buy one and enjoy your phone..
*www.amazon.in/Sony-CP-AD2-USB-AC-Adaptor/dp/B00FF4GBYA?tag=googinhydr18418-21
ERD Mobile charger USB LP-27TC - 2 Amp output for fast charging of Tablets - Buy ERD Mobile charger USB LP-27TC - 2 Amp output for fast charging of Tablets Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in

I don't see any comparison with nexus 5.. It can handle every app game which you want to.. Stock os so no lag, no hang.. true experience.. (if it hangs, then because of the app which you are using causes that specifically beta versions..)

Nexus series is like entering into google environment, services etc... like you see in apple or windows (microsoft), they have their own environment..

moto x is not into the list... it's like to compare with nexus 4...
comparison what i think... moto x 2013 vs nexus 4... moto x 2014 vs nexus 5... but now because of low price..
value for money becomes "nexus 5 vs moto x 2013 vs moto x 2014" = "nexus 5"

There are no other moto...
not even nokia, "windows"... I don't know much about windows, but they are getting win 10 update.. camera is better..
sony was in competition, even giving same hardware they are not into race.. nexus 5 experience vs sony experience...
true android lovers will go for nexus 5.. like me.. brand lovers will go for sony, some are very useful apps, service and some exciting offers they can provide... on other hand nexus 5 in box with headphone, warranty, charger, usb cable. if you buy n5 from croma then some offers you get, you can try other stores also..

nexus 5 is old device, everyone can say this, but software wise its brand new. Even though it's hardware is old, 800 SoC, but there are no compromises on any android experience. 801 has no such significant improvement over 800, 805 is good but they are available with very healthy budget.

""So it's best device, vfm, which gives best android experience on 800 SoC..""

Last edited by a moderator:

eureka

Banned
Only Z1C is worthy of 25k, then Nexus 5, it will be a great buy at somewhere around 20k though.

Moto X first gen? Yeah, probably at 15-16k.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I would say both are good phones.

Z1C has a lower resolution screen and a smaller screen.(4.3" is too damn small imo). Nexus has worse camera.

- - - Updated - - -

I would say go for the one which runs Crysis 3 at maxed out details.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Lumia 830 or Nexus 5 hands down
Lumia 830 has better camera,display and battery life,SD card slot
Nexus 5 has better CPU,RAM
whichever of the two you buy,you wont be disappointed

coming from someone who has a Lumia 820 and a Nexus 5 as back up phones

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
The Priorities are :
1) Good Battery Life & Fast ( No lagging, with multitasking)
2) Good Build (No cheap plastic material like samsung)
3) Good / Decent Camera
4) 1 GB or more RAM.
5) Upgradable & Card slot will be an added benefit.

eureka

Banned
The Priorities are :
3) Good / Decent Camera
4) 1 GB or more RAM.
1- Z3C. It has pretty much unbeatable battery life.
2- All the phones you mentioned are built from plastic, just like Samsung! Except Z3C, which is glass, even more bad and impractical than plastic. Nexus 5 has shoddy built! Moto X is pretty decent, but nothing worth mentioning!
3- All of them have more than 1 GB RAM, Z3C, Nexus 5 Moto X
4- Well then Z3C only.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
The Priorities are :
3) Good / Decent Camera
4) 1 GB or more RAM.

wait for Project Ara releasing next month :)

- - - Updated - - -

2- All the phones you mentioned are built from plastic, just like Samsung! Except Z3C, which is glass, even more bad and impractical than plastic. Nexus 5 has shoddy built! Moto X is pretty decent, but nothing worth mentioning!
4- Well then Z3C only.

but can it run Crysis 3?

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
4- Well then Z3C only.

Z1C also has all these things right? Except for the smaller screen?

A

amit.tiger12

The Priorities are :
3) Good / Decent Camera
4) 1 GB or more RAM.

Nexus 5
LG Nexus 5 review: Back to the future - GSMArena.com
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: Not your usual suspect - GSMArena.com

1) ok battery life. you can use it better. both have similar capacity battery. because of some wifi issue nexus 5 sucks more power.. &
no lagging means nexus only.
Multitasking is not properly developed.. and also I don't understand it properly, humans can't do multitasking (disadvantage). while watching movie how you can write word files? impossible.. you can't even concentrate.. think about it.. staying focused is good deal.. there are apps for multitasking. I never tried.. you can try both nexus and sony have same soc so does not matter.
2) nexus 5 build is good not great. but it surely looks sexy in hands. good grip and hold (black color nexus 5).
3) Camera is good not great.. I'm not into camera much so my choice was nexus 5. but its good one. if you are truly a photographer and really know how to capture perfect shots, camera is only thing your primary choice then its Z3 compact for you.
otherwise its nexus. I'm happy with camera.. it's not selfie cam. I can capture pretty well images, but no issue.. HDR mode can save you for good+ photos. ;)
4) all your suggested are 1 gb and more.
5) Card slot is not needed.
"google told that they prefer apps on device memory because this gives fast access. sometimes memory cards are slower this can affect overall performance of that app if installed or moved on sd card. thats why i never suggest to consider card slot phone".
both have same storage.. so it's totally on you which to decide.
nexus 5 supports OTG, buy cable (50rs max price), or buy otg pen drives (dual pen drives) for expansion... ;)

Top Bottom