Which mobile to buy- N8 or E7 or HTC Desire HD

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
desire and HD beats all phones hands down in all other departments ...... except maybe SGS......So I am not acting like as HTC fanboy.

ROFLMAO!!!

seriously dude, stop this fanboyism. Desire has already become stale and D:HD was DOA.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I am not stuck in 2010 ..lol the phone is coz the phone was launched in 2010...?? so why would I compare it with 2011 phones ..... cheezz man....

And in 2010 there was no phone to compare....lolzzzz, thats the most irrelevant statement on board ...... and in 2011 suddenly so many phones came in to existence to compare ...eh ..!! poof!!! .... :lol:

And I am not comping between Desire and Desire HD .... I am comparing between Desire (including HD) and the rest of the lot, and hence the G-search, which has desire in all top models........ I also have a Deisre with me and an HD and the only difference;;;; is what HD has as its drawback, which is ......less bright screen, poor speaker phone and pretty much thats it. In all other aspects Desire and HD are same, where HD scores in better sense UI more memory etc etc. For me it makes no difference if you take Desire or HD both phones excels and are/were the best smartphones of 2010........

just a while ago, you were going gaga that D:HD display is great etc etc. what changed your judgement in few hours? It is not me that have to read reviews in depth. It is you that need to open your eyes and throw that 2010 calendar out of the window.

huh.

anyways, enough wasting time trying to make one understand the timeline.

@OP, here's the list for you if you want to explore more devices:

1. Nokia N8 (camera)
2. SE Xperia Arc (camera, multimedia, sexy build)
3. SE Xperia Play (gaming)
4. Samsung Galaxy S (Display, ROMs, multimedia)
5. Nokia E7 (business class)
6. Desire S (UI, ROMs)
7. Incredible S (UI, ROMs)
8. Samsung Galaxy S II (The One)
9. LG Optimus 2X (powerful but needs custom ROM as stock ROM is pathetic)
10. iPhone 4
11. Nexus S

Sarath

iDota
I think Nokia E7 is the best for OP. A qwerty keypad is good for office docs.

Also when mentioning processor speeds please also mention the OS it is running on. Symbian doesnt need as much processing power as the other OSes do so a direct comparison is quite naive.
My N85 with 333Mhz proc worked well until dec '10. I used a C7 with twice that 600mhz and it ran smooth. My 1Ghz arc lags when i open message inbox.

Symbian is dead? Doesnt matter as long as there are no flaws in the OS. Matters if you work for Symbian corp though. You just lost your job!
I think the next symbian device would definitely be the death of it though.

Also many of the apps are still available for symbian. Heck im still searching for similar ones on the android.

I personally own an xperia arc. Its a great phone with its own set of flaws and glictches. You might want to check my review if you are even remotely looking at the arc.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/140770-se-xperia-arc.html

Forgive me im a Nokia-Sony-Android-iOS fanboy. I hope I sounded like one.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Thanks for the video da. Hope our D:HD fan is able to find the paleness that D:HD display shows when put next to Desire AMOLED.

yes. loading custom ROM solves battery life to an extent but that 1230mAh battery is too low even for custom ROMs and as a result one should keep internet and movie playback to a reasonable to minimal level. So, what's the use in buying such a phone. Not to forget the bugs that these custom ROMs usually have.
Welcome anytime Anna :)

And that is not even AMOLED, that is a S-LCD Desire. Even I was surprised for the first time when I compared my Desire with a friend's DHD, preloaded wallpapers looked washed out on his DHD, where as the same were looking normal on Desire.

From what I observed that 1230mAh gives almost same battery back-up as a stock Desire mainly due to the new chipset's battery efficiency improvements. But 1230 is way too low for a device such as DHD IMHO.

Custom ROM's have always been the USP of HTC family and I hope it stays so, can't understand why HTC is slowly staring to lock Bootloaders.

I am not stuck in 2010 ..lol the phone is coz the phone was launched in 2010...?? so why would I compare it with 2011 phones ..... cheezz man....

And in 2010 there was no phone to compare....lolzzzz, thats the most irrelevant statement on board ...... and in 2011 suddenly so many phones came in to existence to compare ...eh ..!! poof!!! .... :lol:

And I am not comparing between Desire and Desire HD .... I am comparing between Desire (including HD) and the rest of the lot, and hence the G-search, which has desire in all top models........ I also have a Deisre with me and an HD and the only difference;;;; is what HD has as its drawback, which is ......less bright screen, poor speaker phone and pretty much thats it. In all other aspects Desire and HD are same, where HD scores in better sense UI more memory etc etc. For me it makes no difference if you take Desire or HD both phones excels and are/were the best smartphones of 2010........

and the other draw backs .... camera quality not THE best ...boring looks ,,...lol are so frivolous comparisons that I had a good laugh .... is that the only gun you have as comparison ..... if you are so much in to smartphones go to any review site and read in depth. desire and HD beats all phones hands down in all other departments ...... except maybe SGS......So I am not acting like as HTC fanboy. seems like you are acting as HTC Hateboy ....... let your grudge leak some where else and not the phone you dont/cant own and let the review experts decide which is the best........PERIOD AGAIN!!!

You are right, Desire family was one of the best smartphones then, not now. Same way my Nokia 6600 was the king of smartphones once, not now :D

No one is saying DHD is crap, it is one hell of a power packed phone, but it does have a fair share of drawbacks, due to which DHD was short lived and was replaced by better devices.

Last edited:

sanithkk81

Broken In
K buddy let me make it simple for you. :))

First let us see the best symbian phone among C7,E7 and N8
*bigphonefight.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/nokia-e7-vs-c7-vs-n8.jpg
Nokia E7 vs. Nokia C7 vs. Nokia N8 – The Revenge!
So N8 won the battle here!

Now let us compare N8 with Desire HD
*content6.clipmarks.com/clog_clip_cache/amplify.com/2448248C-FF00-415B-8A92-CCA350E44D62/8B28580F-3372-409F-BB21-EF73B51B606C
HTC Desire HD vs. Nokia N8 – Review
Here also N8 wins!:cool:

Now let us compare SE Arc which is the best according to me :p with N8
*bigphonefight.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Sony-Ericsson-Xperia-arc.jpg*bigphonefight.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Nokia_N8.jpg
Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc vs. Nokia N8
SE Arc wins here! :lol:

But if you can wait and have more money ( Around Rs.35k) buy Samsung Galaxy II because this is going to be the best phone in 2011
*mos.futurenet.com/techradar/classifications/Mobile%20Phones/Samsung/100946_GT-I9100_ADImage_Large-420-100.jpg
20 best mobile phones in the world today | News | TechRadar UK

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Statement seems fair enough, and that is the way technology is ....a better one is always available just around the corner ....... :smile:
and that is why we have another two hotties coming ...... SGS II and HTC Sensation .... :smile:

I am sure the HTC Hateboy would come up with another lame excuse to try to dethrone the masters off smartphones .....

thank god. whatever you call me, atleast you agreed that D:HD is not a worthy buy.

Welcome anytime Anna :)

And that is not even AMOLED, that is a S-LCD Desire. Even I was surprised for the first time when I compared my Desire with a friend's DHD, preloaded wallpapers looked washed out on his DHD, where as the same were looking normal on Desire.

in the review description, it is mentioned that Desire's is AMOLED.

From what I observed that 1230mAh gives almost same battery back-up as a stock Desire mainly due to the new chipset's battery efficiency improvements. But 1230 is way too low for a device such as DHD IMHO.

yes. even with normal use, it's hard to keep the device on the next morning (on a single charge). When internet is used extensively, the power drain is extremely high.

Stock ROM's have always been the USP of HTC family and I hope it stays so, can't understand why HTC is slowly staring to lock Bootloaders.

not to worry. it will be cracked.

You are right, Desire family was one of the best smartphones then, not now. Same way my Nokia 6600 was the king of smartphones once, not now :D

No one is saying DHD is crap, it is one hell of a power packed phone, but it does have a fair share of drawbacks, due to which DHD was short lived and was replaced by better devices.

Agree. This is the reason why many still buy Desire or D:S instead of D:HD even though Desire is more than a year and half old.

:) The negative feedback that HTC received (coupled with poor sales for some devices like D:HD) for devices like D:HD, Evo, Thunderbolt definitely made them think twice this time. The Evo's battery issue was as popular as iPhone 4's death grip. Their poor judgement earlier resulted in loss of huge amount of market sales to Samsung Galaxy series (especially in USA). Imagine what would've happened if D:HD released with better LCD panel (IPS or S-LCD) or with AMOLED, with audio chip equivalent to what Nokia/SE uses for their high end devices, with a 1600mAh Li-Pro battery etc.

PS: Am yet to see a device from HTC that can bring in innovation that HTC Legend and HTC Desire brought early last year.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Statement seems fair enough, and that is the way technology is ....a better one is always available just around the corner ....... :smile:
and that is why we have another two hotties coming ...... SGS II and HTC Sensation .... :smile:

I am sure the HTC Hateboy would come up with another lame excuse to try to dethrone the masters off smartphones .....
yes, but IMO Galaxy S2 is better overall, I hope HTC comes up with a better droid, but Samsung is on top since Galaxy S, that said, ROM's are still buggy from Samsung, hope the situation won't be the same with S2.

And desiibond is no HTC Hateboy, he too had a Legend once ;)

in the review description, it is mentioned that Desire's is AMOLED.

Ah, yes you were right, I was confused by the second link mixup :p

abhidev

Human Spambot
Its IS lame coz that has been shouted upon again and again, and people like you and desibong take this already stated drawback add it with stupid fictitious loop holes and use it to portray their own opinion to a phone that has been critically acclaimed to be the best smart phone along with SGS every where ....... so there is nothing nice about it unless you prove and provide articles to support .......

No more arguments...the battery was pathetic....

Last edited:

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Have a look on Dell Venue & Motorola Milestone...

Although quite old, Milestone still suits all of your requirements. It sports a brilliant hi-resolution 3.7" display. It has even got a slider QWERTY keypad. Inspite of the qwerty keypad, its just 13.7 mm thick.

You can always get a decent doc viewer through Android Market.

E7 & N8 will lack of quality apps.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
i've seen n8 hang after a few weeks even on opening messaging!!
i've also seen 2 happy owners of htc incredible s

yes. Incredible S is a very good device. And there are few N8s that face this slowness/hang/reboot issue (from specific lot). A trip to service centre should fix the issue.

rajat100493

Legendary!!!
you should wait for the galaxy sII and sensation if you can. don't go for sony. THe UI Looke clean and polished but it lags a lot. the xperia x10 were given 2.2 updates atleast an year or so after the htc updates were brought in. so if u want ot exploit yourhardware to the max i'd prefer android and that too samsung galaxy II because these peaople at htc are getting smarter as flashing the newer HTC phones is not easy. check dis out:
public:root_friendly [RootWiki]
also check for dezire z if it suit but be sure to read the engadget review for the same!!

sanithkk81

Broken In
@Sams: N8 has got better camera which is 12MP whereas Desire HD has 8MP :cool: and N8 is cheaper than Desire HD :wink:

Last edited:

v4u_luv2004

Broken In
For a moment I thought i'm in some battleground :p
Common guys stop fighting or I should say continue cos in between u guys putting some brilliant comparisons and infos so go ahead keep fighting..

@OP

Go for E7 buddy i myself using it and love every bit of it.
I only miss one feature in this phone that is FM Transmitter other than that its a class phone and S^3 OS still have a lot to offer though Android has taken over but it still does everything what Android can.

abhidev

Human Spambot
i think his phone is powered by some mysterious element while all other D:HDs are powered by normal battery.

:lol: ... well m certainly unaware of that...well but a poor battery life is certainly not acceptable and sadly most of the android phones today hardly last a day...:-x

Top Bottom