Which Mobile for 30K-HTC One X vs Samsung Galaxy S2/Galaxy S2 Plus vs Galaxy S3 Plus??

ithehappy

Human Spambot
So nice phones are for girls and what's for men then? Samsung or Micromax? They are head to head on design disaster category.

OP
swiftshashi

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Bought a Galaxy S3 16 GB in White....But what I would like to warn the members is that there are a lot of fake S3's floating around...Its exactly same from outside,unless you open the battery compartment,where sim slot is not near microsd card,but below it.
The shop was a genuine samsung smartfone cafe...In the last moment,the shopkeeper tried to fool us,by giving another 1k discount bringing the deal to Rs 29K...It surely hinted me a bit,but in the excitement,I ignored it...However when he opened the sim slot,I was shocked..He explained me that this was a newer design..I contacted another dealer,who said that there is no such design change.I forced the dealer to get me a genuine S3,with a complimentary 32GB card,worth Rs 31900 at Rs 29000....I swear,he would think twice before doing such an act in future!!!I also verified the IMEI from Samsung Care.

tkin

Back to school!!
Bought a Galaxy S3 16 GB in White....But what I would like to warn the members is that there are a lot of fake S3's floating around...Its exactly same from outside,unless you open the battery compartment,where sim slot is not near microsd card,but below it.
The shop was a genuine samsung smartfone cafe...In the last moment,the shopkeeper tried to fool us,by giving another 1k discount bringing the deal to Rs 29K...It surely hinted me a bit,but in the excitement,I ignored it...However when he opened the sim slot,I was shocked..He explained me that this was a newer design..I contacted another dealer,who said that there is no such design change.I forced the dealer to get me a genuine S3,with a complimentary 32GB card,worth Rs 31900 at Rs 29000....I swear,he would think twice before doing such an act in future!!!I also verified the IMEI from Samsung Care.
Good for you, but a Samsung Cafe selling fake phones? Contact samsung, this guy needs to go to jail.

OP
swiftshashi

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
When I asked Samsung care regarding the IMEI,they asked me the reason,and they have already noted down the dealer details....I came to know that there was some goof up from distributor level,that a lot of fake Galaxy mobiles were distributed...However,it was called back,but the dealer seems to have kept some pieces in order to make a quick money..THe DP of the fake ones are in the range of Rs 11k according to my friend,who also owns a Smartfone cafe....The only reason why I bought from other dealer was that he didnt have a white or blue piece in stock.
Seems like I lost a golden opportunity of getting a S3 for free,the dealer,was so nervous and desperate about the matter being leaked,that he offered me the Genuine Galaxy for 29K....:-D

ajaymailed

In the zone
HTC phones would be good from a girl's point of view as they look really nice with better build quality than samsung. One S should be more than enough performance for her as i dont think they bother about dual or quad cores and you end up saving a lot than the quad core ones. when it went out of stock on flipkart, was around 25k. check some local shops as they may even sell it for a bit lesser price.
else One X.
does build quality mean looking good, having costlier materials giving a premium feel? or does it include things like weight/size, ergonomics, sturdy/ruggedness? or is it altogether subjective.

Thanks a lot bro,But note 2 is just too big...My friend frowns at my S3,don't know what she'll do when I'll suggest her the Note 2 ....She says that talking on my S3 feels like holding a slate near your ears!!!Maxm Screen Size can be that of S3,not more than that.
the size of smartphones are rapidly changing, bigger real estate means better for games, browsing, watching movies etc. The day phones stopped being less about calling n texting and more about being regular computer, the idea of bigger is better comes up. if the user hasnt used any smartphone at all previously, it takes some time to appreciate the features.
Success of Galaxy Note broke any and all myths about the idea of owning a gigantic phone.
infact after looking at all these gigantic phones, iPhone 5 looks too small despite Apple increasing the size to 4 inces. Even the the mid priced Optimus L9 packs a 4.8 inch screen.

tkin

Back to school!!
does build quality mean looking good, having costlier materials giving a premium feel? or does it include things like weight/size, ergonomics, sturdy/ruggedness? or is it altogether subjective.

the size of smartphones are rapidly changing, bigger real estate means better for games, browsing, watching movies etc. The day phones stopped being less about calling n texting and more about being regular computer, the idea of bigger is better comes up. if the user hasnt used any smartphone at all previously, it takes some time to appreciate the features.
Success of Galaxy Note broke any and all myths about the idea of owning a gigantic phone.
infact after looking at all these gigantic phones, iPhone 5 looks too small despite Apple increasing the size to 4 inces. Even the the mid priced Optimus L9 packs a 4.8 inch screen.
This thread has already served its purpose, he got a phone.

tkin

Back to school!!
where is S3 for 28.5k?
Add 7.5% coupon: BRAND NEW SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 I9300 ANDROID 4.8" 8 MP 1.4 GHZ WIFI 3G PHONE | eBay

I have one myself, its exclusive I think, let me know if you want the code.

rider

as Kratos
Add 7.5% coupon: BRAND NEW SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 I9300 ANDROID 4.8" 8 MP 1.4 GHZ WIFI 3G PHONE | eBay

I have one myself, its exclusive I think, let me know if you want the code.

It is clearly written on the page that coupons are not applicable. So the price is 29,897 bucks.

OP
swiftshashi

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Guys,the mods can close this thread now....We have already got S3....BTW, a question-In Galaxy S3,how can I see data transfer rates??like sent data or received data in KBPS??

Guys,the mods can close this thread now....We have already got S3....BTW, a question-In Galaxy S3,how can I see data transfer rates??like sent data or received data in KBPS??

OP
swiftshashi

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
No,in my previous 5800,there was an option to monitor real time transfer rates,similar to our data cards....Is their an option in S3??

aroraanant

Explorer
Totally agree with that.

BTW the purpose of this thread is done, the OP has already bought the phone.I think closing it would be quite a good idea.

Last edited:
Top Bottom