Which method of Defragmentation to use in O&O Defragmenter8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

serendipiti

Journeyman
Using O&O Defragmenter v 8 for a couple of days(was using Perfect Disk 7 b4that)...Win XP startup and Shutdown improved drastically.
But the interface is confusing:which method do i use to defrag??There are some methods such as:
1.Space
2.Stealth
3.Complete/Name
4.Complete/Access
5.Complete/Modified
Can anybody suggest which method to use and in what situations?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Dont exactly know but see the help files and this for a review :
*www.sharewarejunkies.com/02zwd3/oo_defrag.htm
Says somethin bout acess though...

Edit :
Found these too :
O&O Defrag Professional offers a multitude of different defrag options to suit all your needs, and does so in a clean and uncluttered environment.

Unlike other defrag software this title does not require you to stop applications in order to defrag, and there is no limit on the size of hard drives that can be defragged.

There are five different defrag methods on offer for all needs: Stealth, Space, Complete/Name, Complete/Modified, Complete/Access.

The Stealth is designed for use on PCs with large files and little free space, while the Space method is designed for heavily fragmented drives.

The three Complete methods (Name, Modified and Access) sort the files on your drives in different ways - alphabetically, according to date last changed, and according to date last accessed respectively.

The Name method is best for PCs where files are rarely changed, the Modified method for PCs where files rarely change, and Access method for most normal.

Other expected features, such as scheduled defrags and report generation, are included.

bharat_r

In the zone
I used Complete/Access on my C drive & it took more than 12 hrs..to complete 85 % but I had to close it due to power failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom