Which Laptop To Buy?????

dragonss

Broken In
Hello,

I am looking for a 15.6" laptop basically for some programming work plus a little good gaming with a price range below 50K (less would be better).

I have as of now chosen the Dell Studio 15 Laptop with Intel Core i3-370M ,
4 GB ram and ATI mobility 5470 1GB grapics card.

Is my choice correct?
Are there morechoices available?

Also Is there any good ACER laptop available under this range with probably better features?

Thanking In Anticipation.

Sahil

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
hi Sahil...the laptop you are quoting is available for 45K and is excellent worth for your money...go for it...there is nothing better than that IMO...actually one of my close friend's also purchased the same on Monday...

I guess it is with 500GB HDD

OP
D

dragonss

Broken In
Thanks gagan,

I m grateful for the info......Im also going 4 the 500GB as a matter of fact.
Would going for i5 justify the cost???.....

Also are any good ACER laptops available ?

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
dude two people that I know have suffered from a faulty Acer screen (although it could be just by chance too, but I will avoid Acer personally)

In this forum itself I have read replies from experts that i5 is not worth it. i3 gives enough juice for all your gaming/graphics/computation needs. But if you want to shell out some extra money, no problem I think.
But think it this way...in two years from now, anyways you will sell/throw/start getting issue from your laptop. So why invest extra money :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
check these two gorgeous models :

*www.sony.co.in/product/CompareProducts.action?site=hp_en_IN_i&models=VPCEB26FG&models=VPCEB16FG

Cilus

laborare est orare
If you want to buy a gaming laptop, then forget mobility radeon 5470 card. It can hardly plays any of the demanding games even in medium setting. You have to opt for a HD 5650 based card.

Go for Acer 5740g-6979 model available at 43k (actually it is less).
It is having all the goodies to be a gaming machine
Basic config is

Intel Core i5 420M (2.23 GHz, 3 MB Cache, Turbo Boost @ 2.57 GHz)
4 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
500 GB 5400 rpm SATA HDD
1 GB GDDR3 ATI Radeon HD 5650
15.6" screen with max resolution 1366X768
Dolby digital sound output with SRS true surround
3 Hours of battery life
2.8 Kg Weight

The reason I am recommending it, because after my recommendation, 2 of my friends have bought it and I personally tested it.
All the games are playable in high settings (Even Crisis) and even watching HD contents, it gives a battery life of 2 Hrs (approx).
You can check the review in NotebookCheck.net and AnandTech, two of the best tech sites.

Cilus

laborare est orare
If you want to buy a gaming laptop, then forget mobility radeon 5470 card. It can hardly plays any of the demanding games even in medium setting. You have to opt for a HD 5650 based card.

Go for Acer 5740g-6979 model available at 43k (actually it is less).
It is having all the goodies to be a gaming machine
Basic config is

Intel Core i5 420M (2.23 GHz, 3 MB Cache, Turbo Boost @ 2.57 GHz)
4 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
500 GB 5400 rpm SATA HDD
1 GB GDDR3 ATI Radeon HD 5650
15.6" screen with max resolution 1366X768
Dolby digital sound output with SRS true surround
3 Hours of battery life
2.8 Kg Weight

The reason I am recommending it, because after my recommendation, 2 of my friends have bought it and I personally tested it.
All the games are playable in high settings (Even Crisis) and even watching HD contents, it gives a battery life of 2 Hrs (approx).
You can check the review in NotebookCheck.net and AnandTech, two of the best tech sites.

Anish9218

Journeyman
if u gonna play moderately or do light gaming dnt go for dell, though theyre good all their graphic cards right from 37k to 59k r almost same n theyre not good. In future they will b useless.

I advise u to go for Sony E series as they have 5650 which is very very good n have Full HD, the price is also very reasonable. Remember theyre 5 series that means theyre Directx 11 compatible, In 2-3yrs u can xpect every game to b Directx 11 compatible only. So they will b future proff also... then y go fr dell n repent later tht theyre nt ood fr gamin in future? n FULL HD which is awesome for movies in future where 1080p wud become more common like 720p now. Seen some reviews regardin Sony E series n problems r quite less with them n Sony service is excellent. VPCEB16FG/L
»Intel® Core™ i3-330M Processor 2.13 GHz
»Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
»15.5 (39.37 cm) wide (Full-HD: 1920 x 1080) VAIO Display Plus, LED Backlight
MRP Rs. 49,990 /-*
(MRP inclusive of all taxes)

Top Bottom