Which ISP is good in Mumbai?

guru_urug

iGoogle
Hey fellas,

Im currently using a local connection called Worldnet. My plan is a 1Mbps one, unlimited along with Lan hub for DC++.
But the speeds Im getting are very pathetic. Especially during the monsoons now Im getting less than half of the speed I was promised. And the pings are pathetic. Are there any good ISP you guys know of? How is 5net?

I dont mind paying more, but I want a good reliable speed.

Thanks. :)

samudragupta

Youngling
i am using mtnl in santacruz east and the service is good. i have subscribed to "Xpress Combo Unlimited 1500 - Rs 1500 - 2 Mbps up to 80 GB and 1 Mbps afterwards"
the ping results for me are between 50 to 70 max. however speeds never exceed 1.65mbps (seems it has been locked) however i have no complaints about it since it will suffice for downloads and gaming... even with this speed my downloads touch around 60gb a month.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hey fellas,

Im currently using a local connection called Worldnet. My plan is a 1Mbps one, unlimited along with Lan hub for DC++.
But the speeds Im getting are very pathetic. Especially during the monsoons now Im getting less than half of the speed I was promised. And the pings are pathetic. Are there any good ISP you guys know of? How is 5net?
u have LAN Hub then u have access to unlimited content :grin:

as for speed then u have to contact their CC.

5net is good ISP..my frnds are using it also.

i am using mtnl in santacruz east and the service is good. i have subscribed to "Xpress Combo Unlimited 1500 - Rs 1500 - 2 Mbps up to 80 GB and 1 Mbps afterwards"
the ping results for me are between 50 to 70 max. however speeds never exceed 1.65mbps (seems it has been locked) however i have no complaints about it since it will suffice for downloads and gaming... even with this speed my downloads touch around 60gb a month.
I guess your internet use is limited or less coz I have also used 1Mbps broadband (100~120KBps DL speed) but I touch above 100GB a month

samudragupta

Youngling
u have LAN Hub then u have access to unlimited content :grin:

as for speed then u have to contact their CC.

5net is good ISP..my frnds are using it also.

I guess your internet use is limited or less coz I have also used 1Mbps broadband (100~120KBps DL speed) but I touch above 100GB a month
yes i generally use it over the weekends only... so the 60gig usage is in around 8-10 days...
Just curious, if you download stuff from the hub, do you get high speeds?
you can easily download a movie in flat 5-6 mins.... i know a couple of friends who download around 400-500gb a month... lol....

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Hey fellas,

I dont mind paying more, but I want a good reliable speed.

Thanks. :)

I happen to be using worldnet as well & i don't seem to be facing this problem...call your local cable guy or whoever plugged it in for you...many of my friends use 5net & they have all given excellent reviews...cheap & brilliant speeds..also their dc community is huge...tried getting on for myself..unfortunately he couldn't bring it to my place.. :(

garyhall10

Right off the assembly line
For Mumbai ISP plans visit *www.broadbandplan.in/mumbai/
It provides consumers with an impartial, comprehensive and free broadband internet comparison.
With over 800 plans listed on this website

Top Bottom