• Avant Browser

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

medpal

Medic on Call!!
i use opera 7.54

used firefox for some time it was slower than opera and one dy it crashed heavily could not bear it and uninstalled it.

use maxthon for ie dependent sites like gmail.

use ie for ms sites and windows updates.

tuxfan

Technomancer
btw .. the "play animations" box is checked already ..

Okay. Uncheck it, restart IE, check it again and restart. This silly sounding sequence has solved some problems for me at times. This will ensure that the options are correctly recorded in registry/ini files. At times some softwares randomly change these values and IE keeps reporting them wrongly.

used firefox for some time it was slower than opera
I have not faced any problem about speed with firefox. Anyway, I have heard Opera comes with ads. Does it not slow down things? I mean downloading them will use up some time/bandwidth.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
my "animations not playing" got solved.
the culprit : zone alarm
it was blocking animation ads
and in the way it blocked all animations
configured za,
now its solved

zenblue

Broken In
Weird problem with FireFox...

I usually use Internet Explorer which comes with xpsp2...i have been trying Firefox 0.9.2 for sometime now...its not too bad but there is a problem when composing emails on yahoo....it doesnt support Rich Text formatting and nither there is any option to convert plain Text format to RTF composing...but when i use IE, it allows me to compose email on same account in RTF...i have java runtime 1.4.2 installed on my system..

Any suggestion pls, how to solve this problem?..
Thanks..

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
Same here Firefox... but when i use GMail I use IE 'coz firefox always shows it's loading something and the progressbar always shows some progress even page is loaded... i don't like it... so I use IE with GMail...

One more thing with Firefox "Browse Art" drop-down menu at deviantArt is bit buggy; it fluctuates !!!... with IE it works fine...

many more... but sure Firefox is da best... I used to use Opera... It's also fast like Firefox and too much customizable and tools...

I like browsing plain without all those bling bang of Opera!!!

and Firefox and IE fits best....

recently I tried AeroBrowser (yeah tht LH stuff...) (based on IE Engine)

*www.neowin.net/comments.php?category=software&id=23437
It looks cool...

whoopy_whale

Journeyman
Opera rules..

Well,I used IE sometimes back.After I installed Opera I never used any other browser!
Opera is really fast and customizable.Infact many cool features like tabbed browsing,mouse gestures etc were introduced by Opera.Firefox and all just copied it...no?

zenblue

Broken In
your right shekhar i have also noticed that ""Loading"" thing while using Gmail..but on my side it happens on IE even, thou for very short time...maybe 5 secs or so...i think it must dependent on speed of connection..for faster connections it might not seem very evident while for slower ones it appears to be taking sometime...

opera is nice but like ya i also needed a "Brower" only..opera has email, chat clients in it which i dont really use..so why get bothered by more customization...:)..i installed firefox bcoz i was having problems while playing yahoo pool on opera, it was asking for java even when java runtime 1.4.2 is installed on my system..

i just downloaded latest version of firefox yest version 1.1PR..i m gonna install it and see if that yahoo mail RTF formatting works with that...BUT i still think, in an overall sense, IE still works best with all kinda websites and services, thou its little slow at times with some websites...if we have some problem with firefox or opera, IE will always be there...:)...

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
My..my....

Of da browsers presently available, I use both FireFox & Avant Browser

FireFox 'cause it is da best....
Avant 'cause it has IE engine.. so no probs with IE specific sites, easy toolbar blockin of sites,flash files,pics..., & it's fast & slick

ujjwal

Padawan
Nowadays I use ....

Opera 8.0 Beta
Mozilla 1.7.5
Dillo 0.83

Strangely ... firefox (1.0RC) runs fast on windows for me, but 1.0final is slow and heavy on linux :? The mozilla suite actually runs faster!

vysakh

Padawan
OPERA rulezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

check the results, opera leads now

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/maverickrohan/maxthon.gif*img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/maverickrohan/maxthon.gif*img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/maverickrohan/maxthon.gif*img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/maverickrohan/maxthon.gif

<<<<<-----:::::RULZ:::::----->>>>>

lavanjoy

Broken In
From my personal experience I say: OPERA is the BEST.

See DIGIT- DEC 2004 issue for INDYAN's Letter about OPERA .

Ashis

In the zone
tuxfan said:
GIF animations dont play in IE and Opera.
but they play normally in Firefox and otherwise too..
So here's one more reason to keep using Firefox. BTW, in IE you can go to Tools > Options > Advanced > Multimedia and put a check mark next to Play animations in web-pages. That would make the gifs animate. But I would suggest stick to Firefox.

BTW, nice colourful avatar Ashis!! :)

Thank's Brother :D My Work to Reduce Its Size (80*80 & 10 Kb) Paid Off :p

But Brother Do U know The [Forum Rules] Dosen't Allow Animated Avatar :cry:

Must Be Zelous Of me :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom