Which is the best UPS available in Indian market?

Which is the best UPS available in Indian market?

• APC

Votes: 49 86.0%
  • Numeric

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Microtek

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • UMAX

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • any other?

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters

vwad

In the zone
Try to configure Bridge Connection in the modem and use dial-up for connecting internet. Write 2 small batch files (google it) to connect & disconnect the modem. When the connection gets disconnected, every downloads stop and also the remaining time will not get charged (I am sure about that) even if the modem is on. Use Windows task scheduler to schedule running of the batch files.

I am using 500C and scheduled to run the connection .bat file at 2:15 AM and disconnection file at 7:45 AM and I use a Auto Shutdown software that shuts down the PC at 8AM. Using this I have even downloaded 65-70GB in a month without paying any extra bill.

Alternative Solution: Grab a table clock which has the most irritating & "ghadi ko tod do feeling wala" alarm and set it to 7:45 AM while you sleep :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Oh, is there option for internal modem also for DSL connections ? :confused: I never knew this. :confused: Can you tell more info on this sam bhai ? :)

i not know yaar as i use GPRS to access net.

Also how much backup does APC 650 VA give ?

fully depends on the load & config. so if you give me a config, so can provide you with a rough idea of the backup time.

If I fail to wake up before 8 AM, huge bills will be waiting for me.I need all things to be scheduled.I never knew about internal DSL routors.Is anything like that exist?

if PC turn off i.e. download stops, why will the BSNL modem keep downloading?

vwad

In the zone
fully depends on the load & config. so if you give me a config, so can provide you with a rough idea of the backup time.

Phenom II x4 955 BE
MSI 880GMA-E45
MSI NGTS250 Twin Frozr
FSP Saga II 500W PSU
Cheapest DVI Input Having Monitor (18.5"-20") (Suggestions Welcome Budget 7k-7.5k)
Seagate 7200rpm 1.5TB HDD
Gskill 4GB DDR3 RAM
Cabinet not finalised as yet (Suggestions welcome Budget 2k-2.5k)

ajai5777

Youngling
there are software to schedule shutdown the system, u can schedule 10 min before 8 am. i can't remember the name. Google it.BSNL unlimited is better, no tension. By the way i m using Numeric 650 va ups. its giving 15 min backup with 22" lcd.

Try to configure Bridge Connection in the modem and use dial-up for connecting internet. Write 2 small batch files (google it) to connect & disconnect the modem. When the connection gets disconnected, every downloads stop and also the remaining time will not get charged (I am sure about that) even if the modem is on. Use Windows task scheduler to schedule running of the batch files.

I am using 500C and scheduled to run the connection .bat file at 2:15 AM and disconnection file at 7:45 AM and I use a Auto Shutdown software that shuts down the PC at 8AM. Using this I have even downloaded 65-70GB in a month without paying any extra bill.

Everything worked fine for almost a year.Fully automated.

2.00 AM PC wakes up from stand by.
2.07 AM Modem restarts
2.10 AM uTorrent starts downloading
7.40 AM Modem restarts
7.45 AM NIC disables
7.50 AM PC turns off.

This system worked for a year and I used to download 70+ GB every month.But recently BSNL made changes to their servers and portals showed excess usage after 8.00 AM (when PC is off and modem is ON).If I fail to switch off modem before 8 AM, huge bills will be waiting.

if PC turn off i.e. download stops, why will the BSNL modem keep downloading?

Actually it doesnt download anything as there is no NIC when PC is turned off.
But it does communicate with the servers and it has been considered as data usage.All these things started when they put a special session at sharp 8.00Am to differentiate Night Unlimited time.Earlier we used modem restart to differentiate sessions.But in new system at sharp 8.00 AM, modem starts communicating with servers and the fake usages are recorded.

I got excess bills due to this reason and complained about this.But they replied me in letter that no such issues found from their side and advised me to change my usage style according to the plan :p

I cant simply throw off BSNL as I have got 20% off in broadband tariff.So I simply changed my plan to 750 UL.

No more usages and no more excess bills. Peace of mind :)

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Can I plug my IBM ThinkPad T42 laptop into a Desktop UPS(APC Back UPS 650 (BE650Y-IN))?
Also my BSNL ADSL modem? I always have my laptop on all day and internet too ("non-resumable" download).
Baarish mein light chali jaati hai... :(

Last edited:

ramzsys

Broken In
Microtek served me(and few of my friends) very well. My neighbour had a APC ups and when a transformer nearby exploded, there was a spark from the ups but everything worked fine. My neighbour suffered a burnt lan card and telephone line disruption(broadband).

mohit_kumar

Right off the assembly line
APC is the real thing. Of course local dealer may give better support for another brand in small places but otherwise APC!!!

sabret00the

Youngling
I need around 2-5 mins of backup time before the backup power generators kick in.

My config (Not sure what is the actual load created by the system during normal use):-

Proc - Intel C2D E6600
Motherboard - P5N32 E SLI
HDD - 5 x (total of 2.5TB all SATA)
Opt Drive - 1 x PATA DVD RW
GPU - 2 x GTS 250 512MB
RAM - 2 x 2GB OCZ XTC Platinum
Fans - 4 x Chassis fans (80mm - 120mm)
Monitor - 1 x Samsung 19" LCD (940BW)
Audio - 1 x Logitech X540 5.1 Speakers
SMPS - Glacial Power GP-AL650AA (650W)

I have made the following selection but it's very confusing.

APC Smart-UPS RT 1000VA 230V
APC Smart-UPS RC 1000VA 230V Harsh Environment
APC Smart-UPS 1000VA USB & Serial 230V
APC Smart-UPS 750VA USB & Serial 230V
APC Smart-UPS SC 1000VA 230V - 2U Rackmount/Tower
APC Back-UPS RS, 1000VA, 230V, INDIA

UPS Selector on the APC site returned the below 3 options:-

APC Smart-UPS RT 48V Battery Pack
APC Smart-UPS RT 1000VA 230V No Batteries
APC Smart-UPS RT 1000VA 230V

I'm being offered Microtek 1KVA UPS for 4.1K by the local retailer.

Folks who are already using APC UPS please provide valuable inputs & suggestions.

HailStonE

Broken In
Using the same APC UPS AVR 500 since last 9 years.. They are slightly expensive but much reliable & robust then others...

Top Bottom