Which is the best UPS available in Indian market?

Which is the best UPS available in Indian market?

• APC

Votes: 49 86.0%
  • Numeric

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Microtek

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • UMAX

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • any other?

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Hello guys, I’m looking for a Numeric digital UPS or APC UPS or Umax UPS, Microtek UPS.

1.price
2.warranty periods
3.which gives more backup time.
4.Software for auto shutdown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hello guys, I’m looking for a Numeric digital UPS or APC UPS or Umax UPS, Microtek UPS.

1.price
2.warranty periods
3.which gives more backup time.
4.Software for auto shutdown

APC is best. rest everything waste.

APC is the best, but expensive too.

true but you missed something very important. Maintainance Cost. buy a 1.5k UPS that give 5min backup & after 1.5-2yr its battery go puff. what will happen? change battery? added cost. APC. 10min backup & battery runs for 3yrs or more without failing.

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
please suggest me a apc ups with autoshutdown , which will provide atleast 10-15 min backup nd wat will be the cost of it at nehru palace?

pulsar_swift

Youngling
guys,

I have special requirement. I want to keep downloads when i am not at home. I want the UPS to shutdown the system and also the UPS should shut itself when there is a powercut

ajai5777

Youngling
I too have a special requirement.The UPS should turn off itself when we turn off PC.

I use a surge protector in the back up port of UPS and all things are connected to it.Main issue is that when I schedule PC to be turned off at a particular time, the router is still on and it makes more usage in BSNL limited broadband plan.I need all things to be powered off before 8 AM.

Right now I am using 750 UL plan and I really want to go back to Night Unlimited plans.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
guys,

I have special requirement. I want to keep downloads when i am not at home. I want the UPS to shutdown the system and also the UPS should shut itself when there is a powercut

get the APC 650VA & give the 550VA to me as a gift :)

I too have a special requirement.The UPS should turn off itself when we turn off PC.

you asking the other way around. i don't think such UPS exist. at least not in India.

I use a surge protector in the back up port of UPS and all things are connected to it.Main issue is that when I schedule PC to be turned off at a particular time, the router is still on and it makes more usage in BSNL limited broadband plan.I need all things to be powered off before 8 AM.

Right now I am using 750 UL plan and I really want to go back to Night Unlimited plans.

don't you wake up before 8am? you can turn it off yourself at 7:30-45am. or you can opt for an Internal Modem. so PC off = modem off.

vwad

In the zone
get the APC 650VA & give the 550VA to me as a gift :)

you asking the other way around. i don't think such UPS exist. at least not in India.

don't you wake up before 8am? you can turn it off yourself at 7:30-45am. or you can opt for an Internal Modem. so PC off = modem off.

Oh, is there option for internal modem also for DSL connections ? :confused: I never knew this. :confused: Can you tell more info on this sam bhai ? :)

Also how much backup does APC 650 VA give ?

ajai5777

Youngling

If I fail to wake up before 8 AM, huge bills will be waiting for me.I need all things to be scheduled.I never knew about internal DSL routors.Is anything like that exist?

coolsunny

Journeyman
If I fail to wake up before 8 AM, huge bills will be waiting for me.I need all things to be scheduled.I never knew about internal DSL routors.Is anything like that exist?
there are software to schedule shutdown the system, u can schedule 10 min before 8 am. i can't remember the name. Google it.BSNL unlimited is better, no tension. By the way i m using Numeric 650 va ups. its giving 15 min backup with 22" lcd.

winzip

Broken In
If I fail to wake up before 8 AM, huge bills will be waiting for me.I need all things to be scheduled.I never knew about internal DSL routors. Is anything like that exist?

Try to configure Bridge Connection in the modem and use dial-up for connecting internet. Write 2 small batch files (google it) to connect & disconnect the modem. When the connection gets disconnected, every downloads stop and also the remaining time will not get charged (I am sure about that) even if the modem is on. Use Windows task scheduler to schedule running of the batch files.

I am using 500C and scheduled to run the connection .bat file at 2:15 AM and disconnection file at 7:45 AM and I use a Auto Shutdown software that shuts down the PC at 8AM. Using this I have even downloaded 65-70GB in a month without paying any extra bill.

Top Bottom