Which is the best True Flat 17" CRT???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKK

Broken In
my friend who's on a tight budget wants an Aperture Grille 17" CRT with low price and high performance.....could you guys please help???
please list the options and their prices...if that's not asking too much!!

Thank You all in advance! :wink:

janitha

Wise Old Owl
gags987 said:
U can look mfor one from acer or from viewsonic or from Syncmaster Range itself

He asked for an "Aperture Grille" ! Out of the three suggested, from what I know, only Viewsonic is "Aperture Grille" and others are "Shadow Mask"
Pl correct me if I am wrong.

V.Prem Kumar

OP
K

KKK

Broken In
ummmmmm!

Guys i want the specific model and it'd price.......
i am really hell bent on buying what you all recommend...
Also if somebody can be kind enough to tell me availability near my place and respective prices!!!

( :wink: Kniwor...r u reading this?? 8)

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Aperture Grille CRTs generally cost more than other technologies like Shadow Mask. You may choose Sony (inventors of Aperture Grille?) or Viewsonic. Sony will be costlier. I think you should be able to find one well within 8000/-

V.Prem Kumar

Kniwor

Learner
janitha said:
gags987 said:
U can look mfor one from acer or from viewsonic or from Syncmaster Range itself

He asked for an "Aperture Grille" ! Out of the three suggested, from what I know, only Viewsonic is "Aperture Grille" and others are "Shadow Mask"
Pl correct me if I am wrong.

V.Prem Kumar

not all wrong, but not all right....

anyhow, AFAIK, all samsung monitors are "Shadow Mask"

but not all Viewsonics are "Aperture Grille", the monitors i know for sure which are "Aperture Grille" is
Sony's Trinitron and
ViewSonic's SonicTron

About the availability i dont know...

Aperture Grille traditionally produces crispier images than "Shadow Mask" but let me tell u there will be some 1,2 horizontal lines in an Aperture Grille monitor which are unavoidable whatever brand it might be, also with advancements in Shadow Mask tachnology the shadow mask monitors also produce almost equally good image... so i personally dont mind purchasing a shodow mask monitor, because to those who know those 2 horizontal lines can be disturbing....

But then u get used to them, also in newer monitors these lines actually dont have much appearance..... so it's the coice...

about the availability, i will let u know soon when i visit the market next... ..
i visit very very frequently

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Aperture Grille is also said to be sensitive to physical shock but the ones that I had used (Sony only) survived transporting over long distances.

The horizontal lines mentioned by Kniwor are of course there but I have in fact never seen them really in monitors or TVs.

And as he said, nowadays there are very good shadow mask tubes while in the past there was none to rival the Aperture Grille ones.

V.Prem Kumar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom