which is the best graphic card for my 46 inch lcd? :-/

sbgabbar

Right off the assembly line
Hi friends this is my first post so if i`ve done any mistake pls forgive ty...

nw i have a 46" sony lcd monitor for pc
my configs are
asus M4A87TD/USB3 motherboard
AMD Phenom™ II X6 Processor 1090T*
1TB X 3 sata HDDs
and a 450 watt psu

currently i have nvidia 9400gt graphic card when i was using a simple 17" monitor but when i started to use 46" sony lcd my games started to lagg when i increased the resolution, like i played skyrim, gta iv and assasins, black ops all games smoothly on my 17" monitor bt at this screen they r running bt with too low fps and looks like lagg on resolution 1920X1080

i finnaly decided to upgrade my psu and GC bt i`m pretty much confused which GC and psu i shld buy asked my frnds they told me abt GTX 660ti and psu still in confusion, which company psu they also told i need a bigger cabinet for new GC . i know you people can help me abt this thing pls help me :)

ps :- my budget is some 25k max to max 30k

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Isnt 46" a bit too large? I will defintely get a neck ache looking from one end to another.

GPU :Sapphire 7950 - 21~22k
PSU :corsair tx650v2 - 5.5k
Cabinet: NZXT Beta Evo 2.6k Or NZXT Source 210 Elite 2.9k

OP
S

sbgabbar

Isnt 46" a bit too large? I will defintely get a neck ache looking from one end to another.

actually i`m suitable with it
u mean sapphire 3gb? mother of god

but isnt 650 watts less for 3hdds and 3gb graphic card? with some 8gb ram?

and i dnt knw much abt cabinet so i`ll go on which ever u say..

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which PSU brand & model? If some local one, then need to change that too.

Cilus

laborare est orare
sbgabbar, I think you are in the concept that More the Graphics memory, more better the card is. Actually it is a myth and in fact lower end cards like GT 430, HD 6670 might perform poorly with 3GB memory than their 1 GB high speed memory brothers. Current generation cards use very low power due to their smaller fabrication process, irrespective of their memory size and even a good 500W/550W PSU from brands like Corsair, Seasonic is more than enough to handle your whole rig.
The configuration Myth has given is perfect for you, in fact you can go with cheaper 600W PSU like Corsair GS600 or CX 600 V2 (all within 5K). BTW, how much Ram do you have?

OP
S

sbgabbar

sbgabbar, I think you are in the concept that More the Graphics memory, more better the card is. Actually it is a myth and in fact lower end cards like GT 430, HD 6670 might perform poorly with 3GB memory than their 1 GB high speed memory brothers. Current generation cards use very low power due to their smaller fabrication process, irrespective of their memory size and even a good 500W/550W PSU from brands like Corsair, Seasonic is more than enough to handle your whole rig.
The configuration Myth has given is perfect for you, in fact you can go with cheaper 600W PSU like Corsair GS600 or CX 600 V2 (all within 5K). BTW, how much Ram do you have?

i currently have 4gb of ram and thinking to upgrade more, i talked to my vendor and friend he told tht y dnt u buy a new monitor of some 22" tht will be suitable a 9400gt can run any game atleast at mid specs on small monitor. and will be cheap too. that made me think but i have to upgrade my psu because of my hdds and gc i`m more confused now what shld i do. they also said and u too tht 46" monitor is too big. nt big its gigantic me too feel same but its also good for watching YT HD videos and Movies and most awesome is my sony home threatre is also attached to my pc :mrgreen: so i get awesome exp while playing game and ~snipped~ :mrgreen: :-D wat shld i do nw? :cry:

and yes mod i`ll tell you smps company till night :)

Last edited by a moderator:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
i currently have 4gb of ram and thinking to upgrade more, i talked to my vendor and friend he told tht y dnt u buy a new monitor of some 22" tht will be suitable a 9400gt can run any game atleast at mid specs on small monitor. and will be cheap too. that made me think but i have to upgrade my psu because of my hdds and gc i`m more confused now what shld i do. they also said and u too tht 46" monitor is too big. nt big its gigantic me too feel same but its also good for watching YT HD videos and Movies and most awesome is my sony home threatre is also attached to my pc :mrgreen: so i get awesome exp while playing game and ~snipped~ :mrgreen: :-D wat shld i do nw? :cry:

and yes mod i`ll tell you smps company till night :)

WTF kind of description is this? no one wants to know about your private habits. please refrain from using such language on this forum.

about your monitor, as long as you are fine using it, you keep it. no need to change it. shopkeepers frequently try and dupe people into buying extra things.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
The 9400gt is old and outdated for the current games. It is ok as long as the resolution is low. 1600*900 at mid settings is probably the max it can go. (pointless playing good games at low settings)
Source: I have a 9600gt and it sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nighthawk12

In the zone
9400gt is a low end long outdated card....(It can run any modern games no doubt but won't give more fps than 5-7 :p)

&go for the graphics card and smps that Myth suggested..

OP
S

sbgabbar

ty dude i bought sapphire 7850 2gb and its awesome on 46" all games r running on ultra high borderlands 2, skyrim, gta iv nd all
and also bought corsair gs700 though have to buy a cabinet coz GC is some longer and aint fiting in cabinet ty very much for ur help ^_^

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Congrats then :)

No need to thank me, your purchased items are different than what i posted :p

OP
S

sbgabbar

Congrats then :)

No need to thank me, your purchased items are different than what i posted :p

lol but no they are running like charm the companies r same nahi toh, i was gng to purchase a nvidia and coolermaster :D:

Top Bottom