Which is the Best, Free and Light PHOTO EDITOR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paragkalra

The Linux Man !
Hi Friends.....I want to write some text over the pics (photos) which I have...Can anyone please suggest best, light and free (shareware) photo editor to suffice my needs....

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Lotsa times asked.. gave the same reply... Photofiltre... Paint.net... Gimp in that order of preference. Photofiltre rocks.

Goten

Banned
Seriff Photoplus....Its free n its very gud.

READ IT ON MANY SITES SO I USE THIS NOW>

Peace~~~!

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
+1 for GIMP...Equivalent to photoshop which is a paid softie but its not light:)

Go for PhotoFiltre if u want a Best, Free and Light PHOTO EDITOR! ;)

sakumar79

Technomancer
GIMP is free, but I dont think it is very fast... And it has a huge learning curve... My personal favorite is Photofiltre, same as koolbluez...

Arun

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^^ Yes, you need to learn the basics before using GIMP. Moreover the tuts are available on the net, I learned the basics using those kinda tuts only:D, For everyday working, those tuts will be more than enough.

Never used Photofiltre so cant comment on that.

Gimp is fast, waise I dont know how do you define "slow" :D, but on my specs (read my signature), even GIMP works fast when the sys is not under load. :D

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
cynosure said:
Gimp is fast, waise I dont know how do you define "slow" :D, but on my specs (read my signature), even GIMP works fast when the sys is not under load. :D

Fast Means using Multiple applications when GIMP is been used side by side or any heavy gfx work is done using it;)

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
gimp is not light weight!
I doubt if you are using linux for this particular purpose though. So go for paint.net

Anup Nair

Broken In
cynosure said:
^^ Yes, you need to learn the basics before using GIMP. Moreover the tuts are available on the net, I learned the basics using those kinda tuts only:D
where on the net i have been searching for a while.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Anup Nair said:
where on the net i have been searching for a while.
*gimp-savvy.com/BOOK/

and download the html tarball of the book and enjoy GIMP.

PS: The book starts from the basics and hence the first few chapters might be boring for you if youve used GIMP before, but surely read those chapters as they will point to the tiny things present in the GIMP.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Paint.NET , it's just start n u're off , no learning curve required :D .

also it support's Microsoft's VIsual Styles so gives native app feeling , unlike GIMP .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom