Which is the best brand of blank DVDs?

busydude

Right off the assembly line
Hello, can some one advise me on which brands are the best for blank recordable DVDs? I want to record video and make backup of my important data so i need a brand which is reliable and can preserve data for many years.

I usually use Moser Baer but i have been having problems with them for some time now, so i am looking to switch to another brand. However i need something that isn't too expensive. For example a blank Moser Baer DVD retails for 15 rupees. I want something that can be purchased for around that price, 15-25 rupees.

Thank you.

Sarath

iDota
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/consumer-...-else/145615-blank-media-cd-dvd-bd-guide.html

It's not up to date but I did some research of my own a few years back.

Basically I realised that Verbatim were the good ones and also Sony (if made in Taiwan)

itsakjt

Broken In
Sony is good. I am not talking about best here since it varies but I never had any Sony DVD fail and the quality is better.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I have no idea but I have Sony discs which are 7-8 years old, never gave a problem, not once, not a single DVD. If I don't get Sony in market I simply don't buy anything else.
Heard that Moser Baer is good, but no personal experience.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
sony is good and is half the price of moser baer
has always worked for me
moser baer is good but is pricier than sony for no reason

OP
B

busydude

Right off the assembly line
Isn't sony expensive? I haven't purchased Sony for a long time but i remember some time back their RW CDs used to sell for like 50 rupees or something.

EDIT: Just googled, pack of 10 DVD-RWs is for 234 rupees on flipkart. So one DVD for 23 rupees is quite expensive compared to MoserBaer. Are there any other cheaper alternatives out there?

And can any one tell me the difference between this and this?

Both are 10 DVD packs made by sony but price is different. WHY?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Original Sonys are slightly more expensive than other brands but you will see a big difference in burn speed.. Sony DVDs were top notch the last time I used DVDs

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I used to buy Moser Baer long time back. Then I realized from experience Sony are better. I used to buy Sony DVD's for Rs 15 until 2 yrs back. Now I don't use DVD's.
But I don't think Sony DVD's should be more than Rs 20 at most today.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I used to buy Moser Baer long time back. Then I realized from experience Sony are better. I used to buy Sony DVD's for Rs 15 until 2 yrs back. Now I don't use DVD's.
But I don't think Sony DVD's should be more than Rs 20 at most today.

The last time I bought one was approx 8 months ago Rs10 for Sony , Rs20 for Moser baer
Dunno abt now

Nerevarine

Incarnate
The easiest way to spot a fake is they wont have a burn speed over 2.4X or something..
There are sony fakes and mb fakes.. all of them have this limitation
Original Sony costs ~Rs 20 I think
I wish Blu ray disks had the Cost/GB as standard DL dvds have :( It would have made backups so much easier instead of relying on ext HDDD

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
The easiest way to spot a fake is they wont have a burn speed over 2.4X or something..
I wish Blu ray disks had the Cost/GB as standard DL dvds have :( It would have made backups so much easier instead of relying on ext HDDD

There u go again , dude look stop nonsesical attacks on me direct or indirect
U want the store I bought them from? It's parle book depot, they wont sell fakes for sure , they are the one of the oldest and best in my city
I will not tolerate u attacking me indirectly either , it's very obvious what u are upto, its best if u stop it
I've ignored u for a while now but u don't seem to understand

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Glad to know this. I have never burnt any DVD below 8X, and I see options up to 16X for my purchased Sonys, so I am sure they are original. However never really believed they were fake :)

Top Bottom